throwback week

Thread: Rams quotes

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams quotes

WR Dante Hall

(On the muffed punt)
    “It was a total decision making play. I should have fair caught it and given it back to the offense.”

(On how much of the loss he blames on himself)
    “You know the old cliché, one play doesn’t lose a game…five minutes left to go in the game, all I have to do is fair catch and give it back to the offense. Worst case scenario, we kick it, pin them deep and put the game back into our defense’s hands – they were doing a great job.”

(On when he usually decides to call for a fair catch)
    “I knew they were coming down on me, it was just a bone-head play. I have no excuse. That’s a routine play for me – fair catch it…it’s frustrating, trying to make a play and I should have just fair caught it.”

(On if an 0-2 start means the season is close to out of control)
    “Not at all. I think we went 4-1 last year and didn’t make the playoffs, so it’s not in any way a season -ending loss for us. You can’t lose games like this when you have so many opportunities to get a win at home and in your division. It hurts, but in no way, shape, form or fashion is this season over with based on today.”

K Jeff Wilkins

(On his last field goal attempt)
    “…when it comes down to something like that, there was no other decision that could have been made. We had to try it and that’s usually where I rely on adrenaline maybe to give me a couple more yards. Like I said, I hit it. I don’t now what it would have been good from, but it was pretty much what I had.”

(On if missing the last kick makes the loss any harder to take)
    “Any time you don’t do your job it stinks. It didn’t go through, so it stinks.”

(On starting the season 0-2)
    “It’s a hole, but it’s a long season. We’ve all seen teams take off from here, we just have to get it turned around, get that victory and hopefully it’s next week on a game winner. Then we start rolling from there and see what happens.”

(On if he thought the last field goal attempt was good)
    “When I hit it I thought there was a shot. I knew I was at my farthest. Pregame I think I was feeling good at 54, 53 (yards), so when I hit it, I thought there was a shot, but that one I hit the best I could.”

QB Marc Bulger

(On the loss to San Francisco)
    “If you don’t do the little things and finish games and make good plays when you have to, then you’re not going to win. They played well like Carolina did, but we should have won.”

(On his confidence level on the final drive)
    “They kicked the ball out of bounds, which was a mistake by them. They were doing a lot of different things on defense to try to get pressure and they were getting there. We were moving it – I would have liked to get five or six more yards for (Jeff Wilkins), but it’s risky there if we didn’t kick the field goal on fourth down.”

(On the play of the offensive line)
    “Give San Francisco credit – they put together a plan and we had some guys in different spots. There was a lot of pressure, but I can’t really tell until we see the film what the issues were. I probably held onto the ball too long in certain circumstances, but we’ll see once we watch the film; we definitely have some correcting to make.”
    UT La’Roi Glover

(On the game)
    “We did some good things today, but obviously not enough to win the ball game. These are the types of games we are going to be in to. Everything is going to come down to the fourth quarter and the team that plays the hardest and the smartest is going to win them. Right now at this point we have to realize that we have a lot of football left to be played. It’s a long season, it’s a marathon not a race. Don’t get to high, don’t get too low and just consistently try to improve week in and week out.”

(On Frank Gore’s long run)
    “I have to watch the film on that because I couldn’t see it from where I was at. I don’t know where the breakdown was.”

(On making improvements against the run)
    “We did some good things. There is something you can take out of a tough loss like this. We seem to be coming together and we seem to be making big plays. Our young guys are really stepping up and making plays for us. I think the ultimate thing is we just have win the game.”

(On the defense)
    “They really came in and we have always said that it is going to take every guy on that field to help us be successful. Luckily for us our young guys seem to be really stepping up, contributing and helping us be successful.”

DT Adam Carriker

(On what broke down on the long run play)
    “I’m not sure. We will have to watch the film. Obviously, there was a break down somewhere. I’m not sure where it was. I didn’t see it.”

(On a single play making a big difference)
    “It can make a huge difference but one play does not decide the outcome. Every play has an effect, but one play does not decide the outcome. Obviously, that was a huge play and a huge momentum turner, but I thought we bounced back well and gave ourselves a chance to win.”

(On what went wrong)
    “We played really well. It was just mistakes here and there. We cost ourselves more than anything. San Francisco played well, but I feel like we could and should have won the game.”

(On the Rams 0-2 start)
    “We just need to take it one game at a time. We’ll start with next week, then the week after that and the week after that.”

(On the defensive effort)
    “We bounced back well, especially against the run. We knew they were a running team, downhill power team and come right at you. That is what they do and that is what we focused on all week. We did pretty well against it.”

(On panic about the future)
    “Well, it is too soon to panic but we need to get better. We had plenty of chances to win this game. We were right there and I felt like we had it won.”
    UT La’Roi Glover

(On the game)
    “We did some good things today, but obviously not enough to win the ball game. These are the types of games we are going to be in to. Everything is going to come down to the fourth quarter and the team that plays the hardest and the smartest is going to win them. Right now at this point we have to realize that we have a lot of football left to be played. It’s a long season, it’s a marathon not a race. Don’t get to high, don’t get too low and just consistently try to improve week in and week out.”

(On Frank Gore’s long run)
    “I have to watch the film on that because I couldn’t see it from where I was at. I don’t know where the breakdown was.”

(On making improvements against the run)
    “We did some good things. There is something you can take out of a tough loss like this. We seem to be coming together and we seem to be making big plays. Our young guys are really stepping up and making plays for us. I think the ultimate thing is we just have win the game.”

(On the defense)
    “They really came in and we have always said that it is going to take every guy on that field to help us be successful. Luckily for us our young guys seem to be really stepping up, contributing and helping us be successful.”
    S Corey Chavous

(On the loss)
    “It is definitely frustrating, but you have to move on. We prepared well for the game and came out and played hard in all facets of the game. Both teams played hard and they were able to pull out the victory.”

(On ***** running back Frank Gore breaking the big play)
    “He just spun, really, then we had a couple of missed tackles after mine and he scored.”

(On the season being lost)
    “No, not at all. The bottom line is when you look at football, the one thing you have to be aware of when you are evaluating a season in totality is to not look too far down the road or too far behind. We can’t do anything about this week. It is over with. We have to get ready for next game and that is the only thing we can control. That is the only thing you can control, the next game, the next practice and the next meeting. We’ll be fine.”

(On the improved defensive play)
    “I think we came here focused. We can’t give up that play though. We made a lot of concentrated effort on improvement in some areas. As you mentioned on that play, we need to get a lot better, but are still seeking to improve. Next week, we don’t want to give up any plays. That’s the goal.”
    CB Ron Bartell

(On it being hard to take a loss)
    “They are all hard to take for me. Any loss you have, whether it is a close game or a blowout, every one of them is hard to take. We’ll be fine. We’ll regroup and watch the film and pick up the good things that we did and the bad things that we need to correct and get it right.”

(On the cohesiveness of the secondary)
    “We are a very cohesive group. I think you can see that by the young guys coming in and stepping up. Anytime someone goes out, the next man has to be ready. This is the NFL. There are no excuses. I think a lot of guys were ready today.”
    LB Will Witherspoon

(On the fourth down touchdown run)
    “I was set up on the pulling guard and (***** RB Frank Gore) kind of shaved me off and cut back inside.”

(On the loss)
    “It is a big loss as far as the division goes. That is one behind the eight ball there. That means we just have it tough. We still have 14 regular season games left and a long road ahead of us. We have to take that in stride and move forward. We need to look at this tape and make the corrections we need to, get better next week and come out again.”

(On the 0-2 record)
    “Records never do reflect the whole situation and the whole big picture. There is a long road ahead of us, again. You can’t just say, ‘well we started 0-2, and let’s just let it ride from here.’ You have to sit there and go out there week in and week out and go out to win. You can’t just shut it down at any one time.”

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Rams quotes

This team was probably one or two players away from possibly moving to elite status before week 1.
    Even with several key injuries, we still have a load of talent, but we just can't get things clicking. It's like we are so close, but just can't get it going.

Ramanator Guest

Re: Rams quotes

For some reason this team is in a agrievous constipated state.