throwback week

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams raise ticket prices for 8th year in a row

By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    02/16/2007

For the eighth year in a row, the cost of attending Rams games has gone up.

In a year when the baseball Cardinals decided not to raise ticket prices for 2007, and the hockey Blues announced a cutback in '07-'08 prices, the Rams announced a seven percent increase for 2007 season-ticket prices on Friday.

The average cost of a ticket at the Edward Jones Dome increases to $68.28 from $65.50 in '06 -- figures that do not include club seats and luxury suites.

Team president John Shaw told the Post-Dispatch on Friday that the increases were necessary to keep the team in the middle-tier of NFL teams in ticket prices.

At the time of the team's move to St. Louis in 1995, the Rams had one of the most profitable financial setups in the NFL. Since then, however, nearly two-thirds of the teams in the NFL have either built new stadiums or done massive stadium renovations. According to Shaw, the Rams have dropped to the lower third of the NFL teams in terms of profitability.

The news is not bad for all PSL holders. Forty percent of the seats in the dome experience no change in price or a price decrease. In fact, the price of tickets in the upper ring of the upper deck in the end zone decrease to $35 per game from $44. In addition, purchasers of the new $35 season tickets won't have to pay the one-time PSL -- or personal seat license -- fee.

The rest of the upper deck end zone seats that were priced at $44 in '06 remain at $44 in '07. In addition, some upper deck end zone seats (those from the end zone to about the 20-yard line) remain at $55 a seat.

But many of the prime seats in the dome cost considerably more in '07.

For example, lower deck seats from the goal line to the 20-yard line have increased $10 from $78 to $88 per game. The price of lower deck seats between the 20s,and lower terrace seats in the upper deck between the 20s, have been hiked $9 -- from $91 to $100

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Rams raise ticket prices for 8th year in a row

That's bad news. You already have to take out a loan if you want to take the whole family to a game and get good seats.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

How does the raise in ticket prices fair with teams in the rest of the league?
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Milan Guest

I don't like this move, I don't plan on going to the Dome to see a game in the near future, but based on this season, Rams fans aren't exactly the most committed fans in the world...and raising prices will get even fewer sales, I say to wait until the team has dominance over the NFC-W and advances to at least the NFC Championship game.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    I don't like this move, I don't plan on going to the Dome to see a game in the near future, but based on this season, Rams fans aren't exactly the most committed fans in the world...and raising prices will get even fewer sales, I say to wait until the team has dominance over the NFC-W and advances to at least the NFC Championship game.
    So, just because the dome wasn't packed for the first time since they moved to STL, the fans aren't committed ?

Milan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    So, just because the dome wasn't packed for the first time since they moved to STL, the fans aren't committed ?
    No, it had something to do with selling their tickets to Bears and Chiefs fans. The stadium was louder than I've ever heard it before but it wasn't the Rams fans who were making all that noise.

GreatestShow99 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Milan View Post
    No, it had something to do with selling their tickets to Bears and Chiefs fans. The stadium was louder than I've ever heard it before but it wasn't the Rams fans who were making all that noise.
    Well, that's nothing new. Things like that happen in every stadium in any sport...

blood85 Guest

Fine Raise them, but we better be winning like crazy or do something.

Milan Guest

Quote Originally Posted by GreatestShow99 View Post
    Well, that's nothing new. Things like that happen in every stadium in any sport...
    I'm just saying, last year, Rams fans weren't exactly the most dedicated fans in the NFL, and I don't think it's wise to raise ticket prices after not having a winning season since 2003.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

The news is not bad for all PSL holders. Forty percent of the seats in the dome experience no change in price or a price decrease. In fact, the price of tickets in the upper ring of the upper deck in the end zone decrease to $35 per game from $44. In addition, purchasers of the new $35 season tickets won't have to pay the one-time PSL -- or personal seat license -- fee.
    I guess that boads well for our bash tix.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey