Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 26
  1. #1
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    ESPN Magazine did a survey of 80,000 sports fans and rated the fan satisfaction of all NFL, NBA, MLB, and NHL teams. The Rams finished 111th out of 122 teams.

    Here's the breakdown by individual categories:

    Bang-for-Buck Ranking: 109
    Fan Relations Ranking: 111
    Owner(s) Ranking: 111
    Affordability Ranking: 109
    Stadium Ranking: 114
    Players Ranking: 109
    Coaches Ranking: 120
    Championship Titles Ranking: 32

    -----------------------------------------------------------------------

    Wow, the only fan bases less satisfied with their coaches are the Falcons' and the Knicks'. Talk about being on the hot seat.


  2. #2
    UtterBlitz's Avatar
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,439
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    That is not very good. No wonder the dome is half empty all the time.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  3. #3
    eric2810's Avatar
    eric2810 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    517
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    If we must have a coach leave i'd prefer it be Linehan than Haslett or Saunders.

  4. #4
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,519
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    I wonder how my girlfriend would rank me in Bang-for-Buck Ranking?
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  5. #5
    UtterBlitz's Avatar
    UtterBlitz is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    3,439
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I wonder how my girlfriend would rank me in Bang-for-Buck Ranking?
    How much does she have to pay per performance? and how many other guys does she have in her comparision bucket?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  6. #6
    HUbison's Avatar
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Kentucky
    Age
    40
    Posts
    13,593
    Rep Power
    145

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I wonder how my girlfriend would rank me in Bang-for-Buck Ranking?
    ---rimshot---
    Quote Originally Posted by utter
    How much does she have to pay per performance? and how many other guys does she have in her comparision bucket?
    ---estrogenically advantaged rimshot ---
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

  7. #7
    txramsfan's Avatar
    txramsfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2001
    Location
    Poplar Bluff, MO
    Age
    50
    Posts
    7,266
    Rep Power
    65

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    Hey Nick, you have a sense of humor after all. That was good. Show it more.

  8. #8
    Ramer's Avatar
    Ramer is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Maryland
    Posts
    1,026
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    That's pretty funny UtterBlitz! As far as coaches, I am not to impressed with Haslett either. Let's see what he does with the defense this year.

  9. #9
    moloch41's Avatar
    moloch41 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    1,617
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    I hate domes. When I was at the EJD, I felt like I was in an airport hanger. If it wasn't for the big Rams emblem at the 50 yd line, I wouldn't have known where I was.

  10. #10
    The Special One's Avatar
    The Special One is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    160
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    Quote Originally Posted by moloch41 View Post
    I hate domes. When I was at the EJD, I felt like I was in an airport hanger. If it wasn't for the big Rams emblem at the 50 yd line, I wouldn't have known where I was.
    I find it pretty ironic too that more noise is made at Arrowhead (Outdoor Std) than at EJD (Indoor).


  11. #11
    itsguud's Avatar
    itsguud is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Newfoundland
    Posts
    1,252
    Rep Power
    13

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    I could believe this ranking. If I was Rosenbloom I would read this and say, wow major changes needed, fire Shaw and Zygy, and everyone else and hire a bunch of new Business Grads to run the business side and a bunch of ClanRam guys to run the football side of it. Either way a job should be waiting for me at the top!

  12. #12
    blood85's Avatar
    blood85 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Merced,California
    Age
    44
    Posts
    1,336
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    Why does that surprise anyone?? I've been following this team since 1978. When they moved to the Big "A", I used to hate seeing more fans of the opposing team,then of the RAMS. While I really do believe that MOST of you on this board are hard core ramsfans, there are many, many soft fans. Fans who only go for the rams when they are winning,who are not necessarily on clanram. Some of you will say, "yeah, but isn't that true of all teams"? Oh really, why do the browns have a strong following and haven't won jack since, the dinosaur age? How about the Philadelphia Eagles, they haven't won anything since Jesus walked this earth. I'm not referring to fan behavior, rather passion for their teams. There are other teams. Let's face it, it comes down to Hardcore, I bleed blue and gold, I don't give a D**N how this team does, they are still my team. Many STL fans are weak and so are Many LA fans. There I said it. Maybe I'm missing the point, but I don't care. If we are ever to improve on any rankings, if it is so important, then we need #1 Management who cares , whose number #1 Priority is WINNING (ala George S, Daniel S, Mark Cuban, etc). Are these people hated?? Hell yes. But I respect them , because they want to win. I never said some of their "moves" are justified, but winning seems to be "A" priority. Come on RAMS Management and some of you fans. Toughen up and demonstrate some intestinal fortitude. We Want a WiNNER NOW!

  13. #13
    Goldenfleece's Avatar
    Goldenfleece is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Washington, DC
    Age
    32
    Posts
    3,586
    Rep Power
    60

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I wonder how my girlfriend would rank me in Bang-for-Buck Ranking?
    I don't know, but if she has you on a list with 121 other names over the last 3 years, there might be bigger questions to ask than where you rank.

  14. #14
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is online now Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,519
    Rep Power
    154

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    How much does she have to pay per performance? and how many other guys does she have in her comparision bucket?
    I'd like to think I'm probably in line with the manufacturer's suggested retail price, but on good days she might be able to get a clearance sale.

    Quote Originally Posted by Goldenfleece View Post
    I don't know, but if she has you on a list with 121 other names over the last 3 years, there might be bigger questions to ask than where you rank.
    Especially since we've dated for nearly five!
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!



  15. #15
    PARamfan's Avatar
    PARamfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    550
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Rams rank #111 in fan satisfaction

    Quote Originally Posted by blood85 View Post
    Why does that surprise anyone?? I've been following this team since 1978. When they moved to the Big "A", I used to hate seeing more fans of the opposing team,then of the RAMS. While I really do believe that MOST of you on this board are hard core ramsfans, there are many, many soft fans. Fans who only go for the rams when they are winning,who are not necessarily on clanram. Some of you will say, "yeah, but isn't that true of all teams"? Oh really, why do the browns have a strong following and haven't won jack since, the dinosaur age? How about the Philadelphia Eagles, they haven't won anything since Jesus walked this earth. I'm not referring to fan behavior, rather passion for their teams. There are other teams. Let's face it, it comes down to Hardcore, I bleed blue and gold, I don't give a D**N how this team does, they are still my team. Many STL fans are weak and so are Many LA fans. There I said it. Maybe I'm missing the point, but I don't care. If we are ever to improve on any rankings, if it is so important, then we need #1 Management who cares , whose number #1 Priority is WINNING (ala George S, Daniel S, Mark Cuban, etc). Are these people hated?? Hell yes. But I respect them , because they want to win. I never said some of their "moves" are justified, but winning seems to be "A" priority. Come on RAMS Management and some of you fans. Toughen up and demonstrate some intestinal fortitude. We Want a WiNNER NOW!
    Blood,you are absolutely right about Eagle fans and their passion as I live right here in the midst of it.They never win anything but their fans are there packing that stadium yelling their heads off every game.
    It doesn't matter if they are a sure playoff team or a team like we were last year they are always diehard.
    I am a Philly fan in every other sport (Phils,Flyers ,Sixers) and fully support my teams and have passion when I go to games.I bring that same passion when I visit the EJD to watch our Rams play.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Rams Trivia - Share What You Know
    By AlphaRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 165
    Last Post: -11-11-2009, 08:22 PM
  2. Will the Rams make the playoffs?
    By RamFan_Til_I_Die in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: -01-17-2009, 10:25 PM
  3. Postgame With Gordo: November 25
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -11-26-2007, 10:59 AM
  4. Jim Thomas Live, November 6, 2007
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -11-06-2007, 06:41 PM
  5. Rams History
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -02-08-2006, 03:36 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •