sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Rams re-cap Pre-season week 1 vs. Colts

The Rams beat the Colts last night 33-10 on a very impressive performance.

Sam Bradford looked good like usual. I would have liked to see more deep throws, but its week 1 with a new offensive system. He had a good game hooking up with Lance Kendricks and Danny Amendola several times. A.J Feeley also had a good game. He was spot on with all his throws and took one really big shot. He had a good performance after a poor camp. Bradford was the only QB with a touchdown outing with 7/12 for 45 yards, and 1 touchdown. Thaddeus Lewis and Taylor Potts also played, not getting much action.

Cadillac Williams was impressive last night as I expected. He ran hard and earned every yard. He had 11 carries, 40 yards, and 1 touchdown. He is already the back up to Steven Jackson. The only knock on him this far is his injury concerns. He looked great out there though. Jerious Norwood also went hard out there. He showed what he can do with the ball in his hands in space and it was impressive. He also had a good day 8 carries, and 37 yards. I wish I seen him return kicks. And last but not least, Keith Toston had an excellent day. He had 11 carries, 64 yards, and 1 touchdown. He ran really hard and is trying his best to make this team. I love what he showed, and its looking really good for him.

Not too many wide receivers stepped up. Danario Alexander had a pretty good outing catching some nice balls. He also had some drops. The one he dropped in the endzone was a killer. The play was set up perfectly and had he caught that I think more people would be less critical on him. Donnie Avery and Greg Salas didn't play because of injuries. Mike Sims-Walker also left the game with an injury. Austin Pettis dropped a ball or two, and did nothing more. Brandon Gibson didn't do much either. Amendola was only out there with the starters quickly leaving after catching 2 balls. Mardy Gilyard actually had an impressive day at the position. They gave him the chance putting the ball in his hands to see what he can do, and he impressed.

Lance Kendricks went beast mode. He played 2 quarters and was catching balls left and right. He got a touchdown in his first game as well. The future looks bright for this future star. All Rams fans are acknowledging his hard work, and excellent performance. Nothing else really happened at the tight end position.

The whole starting offensive line was dominant. Harvey Dahl's presence is felt for sure. Jason Smith did brilliant holding up Robert Mathis to almost getting no pressure. The line was opening huge holes for Cadillas. The line was very impressive. I also seen Jason Brown block someone before the play was about to finish, just like Dahl would have. Looks like hes rubbing off onto the other guys. The 2nd offensive line looked good too. Opening some holes, though Feeley did take a big hit.

Justin Bannan was a rock down in the middle of the defensive line. He was not movable and his presence in the run game is already seen. In Fred Robbins' limited performance, he was getting some crazy penetration. Chris Long didn't play a lot at all. James Hall was held out with an injury. Robert Quinn seen a lot of action playing 3 quarters. He looked good out there. Critical playing time for someone who was missed football for a very long time.

The linebackers had an impressive performance. Chris Chamberlain is stating his case for a spot on this roster. He is the best special teams player we have, and he was flying around on the defense. He also laid out one of the running backs from the Colts right near the sidelines. Josh Hull didn't have a bad game filling in for James Laurinaitis. Brady Poppinga's name came up a few times with some nice penetration he got on running plays. And once again, last but not least, Jabara Williams. He had an absolutely excellent game. Looks like another good draft pick. He was flying all over the place playing great in run support and pass coverage.

The secondary had a good day too. Quintin Mikell got a pick on their first passing attempt and also helped in run support, despite playing limited time. Craig Dahl also had an interception. Jermale Hines was flying all over making tackles in the back field, the middle of the field, and even grabbing an interception. Great day for the rookie. Darian Stewart had a good day too making some touchdown saving tackles. This guy is not afraid to get physical. The undrafted corner backs had good days too. Tim Atchinson, Dionte Dinkins both did good. Atchinson almost got himself a interception, with it falling out of his hands. All in all, great day by the secondary.

The special teams looked amazing. Kickoff coverage was great. Josh Brown also nailed a 60 yard field goal. He hit 3 more with another big one coming from the 53. Great day for Brown. Mardy Gilyard struggled returning punts and kicks dropping the ball several times.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams re-cap Pre-season week 1 vs. Colts

It was a very good all-round performance by the Rams, rarity, in all honesty. We were the more physical team, which made me very happy. Run blocking was superb by recent Ram standards, which will be massive for our development. I see a little problem with Bradford and his WR's, he just needs to get more games under his belt.? Thats all.
    The Titans will give us a much more of a physical game, so I am looking forward to see how this plays out.?