sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Rams re cap vs Titans

Lets look at how things went tonight :

- Our offensive lines struggled all day. Pressure was coming against our starters and backups. Bradford got drilled a couple of times.

- Our running game was not there. We continued to get 0 and negative yard runs, the line had trouble opening holes.

- We had a really hard time stopping the run. Our LB's didn't keep contain and the defensive line was getting pushed around.

- Bradford had a decent day. Other than the first play of the game which was an 83 yard TD to Gibson, he went to checkdowns all day.

- Greg Salas played a huge role in the game winning drive. He dropped the ball on a 1st and 10; great pass. He came back and made 2 receptions back to back after that and redeemed himself. He looks very good.

- Fendi Onobun had 3 catches on the game winning drive. He looks pretty good. He also had a big drop that almost resulted in an INT and a loss.

- Jabara Williams, Jonathon Nelson and Jermale Hines all had good days. Our late round picks are really looking good.

- Robert Quinn didn't have a bad day. He could of had his first sack, but he slipped.

- Donnie Avery did excellent today. He had a nice touchdown catch beating the CB right along the sideline. He also had an excellent screen play that came back because of a stupid penalty.

- DX had 2 nice catches. One was called back because of another dumb penalty. He looked good but didn't get many opportunities.

- Other than the first play Gibson was invisible. MSW only caught 1 pass as well. Pettis did nothing either. Gilyard didn't have a bad game, but nothing spectacular.

- Thaddeus Lewis did terrific. He has a lot of poise and was zipping the ball all over. He looks really good.

- A lot of penalties today. Good to get these things fixed right now.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Re: Rams re cap vs Titans

That pretty much sums it up. There are 2 big things that stuck out to me:

1. The run blocking was horrible. This was a huge problem last year, as the middle of the O-line disappeared in several games, making Jackson go all out on a play just trying to get 2 yards. I felt better about them last week, but they took a huge step back tonight. Jackson was also playing with a banged up hip, and Bell was out, but there was no reason for getting zero push.

2. The backups have looked good for the second straight game. Feeley and Lewis did great jobs, Williams looked good as the backup RB, and the Titans didn't score in the 2nd half.

I'm not too concerned about the poor play by the starting defense tonight. They looked incredible last week, but they did get pushed around a lot tonight. If they look back again next week I will be worried, but I'm hoping it was just an off night and they will be ready next week.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Jabara Williams, Jonathon Nelson and Jermale Hines all had good days. Our late round picks are really looking good
    I agree. Williams especially looked solid and could turn out to be a steal.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

Its always good to see the 2nd and 3rd teams play well,not to mention special teams. But if we do not correct the run D and get more pressure, its going to be up to the O to step it up and put points on the board. And that is something we MUST do if we are going to have any chance of winning games this year.
    Its real simple . You dont score, you lose . You dont play good defense, especially against the run, you lose. You commit stupid penalties, you lose. You dont control either line of scrimmage, you lose. But we have GOT to find a NO. 1 WR ASAP! Its killing this team!
    Last edited by rNemesis; -08-21-2011 at 12:21 AM.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Stupid Locker moved to the left to avoid a tackle from a DT while Quinn was going to the right Quinn didn't have a good enough footing and slipped. Had Locker stayed put Quinn would have a sack.

I see it this way though missing that sack is going to make him hungry for some eagle....

Flippin' Ram is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sjacksonrules View Post
    Stupid Locker moved to the left to avoid a tackle from a DT while Quinn was going to the right Quinn didn't have a good enough footing and slipped. Had Locker stayed put Quinn would have a sack.
    Can't really blame the kid seeing that he's playing on our slippery turf, hopefully he'll adjust to it and start murdering quarterbacks (figuratively) the way he was intended to.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Typically hardnosed performance by Tenn. The Rams looked a little camp leggy all around to me but the most important moment for me was seeing Sam jog off at half time. For those who didn't see it or had a tiny feed, Bradford got hit at the knees by Gerald Haye. How it wasn't called a penalty is one thing but that was a hair's breadth from Trent Green redux. I'm sure a Titan fan would say tit-4-tat because of a similar hit on Hasselbeck but the zebs were very slack both ways in this game,imo.

Yeah, the line wasn't good tonight- Fraley,especially, was a liability, but Sam clearly has some work to do in making his reads & protections in the spread- no irony there,huh? The Rams got a few big plays from it but I think a real gameplan vs that D would have been grinding SJ a lot more. It would have helped if they could have run a screen properly or tried Norwood on the edge. Speaking of JN, no idea what the point of banging him between tackles through the 3rd Q was going to prove.

I have only watched the game through once but my impression of the D wasn't as bad as some. I saw a lot of penetration & guys in position to make plays & not wrapping up or backside contain lost by over-pursuit. I think with film study & normal game prep, the D wouldn't have bitten so hard but we'll see. KC is no joke. Mikell in general had a very solid game. King flubbed another tackle & Atchison made a TD-saving break-up.

Both Hall & Long had ice packs before the half. Hall's was on the right knee,I believe, but it was Long's toes that were wrapped, not the ankle, if I saw it right. No doubt it was ugly in the trenches tonight. As long as no one got seriously hurt, I don't think it's a bad thing for The Rams to have been slapped around a little bit. There's not a lot of time for these guys to be forged into a team that's probably going to struggle with that early schedule.

I hereby dub Lewis: The Thadiator.Talk about standing tall when it counts. Great to see Fendi & Salas get some blood pumping,too. Couldn't see who was doing it at first glance but there was some serious blitz picking-up going on for The Thadiator,too.Good to see such fire & flashing talent on the lower end of the roster.

And ya still couldn't beat us, you punkish-squabbling, late-hitting, chump Titans. nya, nya, nya-nya, nya...

CryDickCry is offline Registered User

It was nice to see Bradford connect on a big TD play for once, and throw a couple more balls down field.
    He averaged 9 yds per attempt which was nice to see on the box score.

I think this team has a chance to win the division, but it all depends on how Bradford adapts to the new system. The first half of the schedule looks brutal on paper! if we can make it out of it with a .500 record we'll be okay.

sjacksonrules is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Can't really blame the kid seeing that he's playing on our slippery turf, hopefully he'll adjust to it and start murdering quarterbacks (figuratively) the way he was intended to.
    O I wasn't blaming Quinn for it. Locker just moved to the left not even realizing Quinn was even there. When locker did that Quinn tried to move to fast and slipped, stuff happens.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Note to self:

Work on getting OL push into the defensive front of our opponent.
    Stop run on defense
    Bradford make reads quicker