Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes

Thread: Rams Reach The Summit in Seattle

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Rams Reach The Summit in Seattle

The summit of undisciplined football. Rams fans have suffered through it since preseason and now Jeff Fisher has given us his climactic conclusion.

Do you suppose this is the vision Stan had when he hired Jeff Fisher? Yes this is a young team, but shouldn't discipline be part of the foundation to build upon?

Today I was as embarrassed to call myself a Rams fan as I have ever been in 48 years. The Rams didn't just lose a game today, they also lost respect, dignity and grace in getting beat on the field. Tomorrow I will go to work and be surrounded by hawks fans. I have no viable words for defense of the Rams actions on the field.

Jeff Fisher, I have never......
    live4ramin likes this.

gap
    gap is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Reach The Summit in Seattle

I had a long post typed for this, but then I couldn't connect to the site to Post Quick Reply.

Basically it said this game should have embarrassed you to call yourself a NFL fan.

The refs forced the RAMS into a postion to embarrass themselves, and made that game a disgrace. I fully believe every team in the history of this sport would have lost their cool in this game, due to what the refs were doing to the RAMS, and allowing the hags to get away with so much.

gap

AvengerRam is online now Moderator Emeritus
    Unsportsmanlike conduct by Seahawks = swagger, confidence

Unsportsmanlike conduct by Rams = penalty
    Rambos, Tampa_Ram and sosa39rams like this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Horns View Post
    Tomorrow I will go to work and be surrounded by hawks fans. I have no viable words for defense of the Rams actions on the field.
    Tell your co-workers that when the Rams are pushed and taunted, they don't back down, and they push back. You can also tell them that the Rams didn't throw any cheap shots, unlike Marshawn Lynch, who repeatedly shoved Trumaine Johnson in the face, AFTER Johnson's helmet came off, or Kam Chancellor, who dove head first into Zac Stacy while he was lying on the ground after the play .
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -12-30-2013 at 02:29 PM.

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    I wasnt able to watch the game today, what happened that the refs blew?

GroundChuck is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    Everything. The Refs did blow.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    It was an emotional, physical game from the start, and there were a lot of flags thrown for unsportsmanlike conduct and roughing penalties. Problem was, all of them were being called against the Rams, even though both teams were equally guilty of said infractions. It was eerily similar to what happened in the Panther game earlier this season. The most egregious penalty in the game was called on Langford for unsportsmanlike conduct and was ejected from the game for hitting and knocking the hat off an official even though he clearly did not do it on purpose.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

I'm tired of hearing about the abysmal refs and flared tempers.Both teams did some ugly stupid things,imo. The really frustrating thing is that The Rams held them to six points defensively in the first half but just too beat up and undermanned and undisciplined on offense to take advantage.

A miserable way to end the season but at least Whiner fans are unhappy & that's always a good thing.I also doubt there'll be any off-season slackers; after that debacle, very few jobs are safe. Even those who will surely be here will have an itch that won't get scratched until they play in Hagtown again.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    I'm tired of hearing about the abysmal refs and flared tempers.Both teams did some ugly stupid things,imo. The really frustrating thing is that The Rams held them to six points defensively in the first half but just too beat up and undermanned and undisciplined on offense to take advantage.

A miserable way to end the season but at least Whiner fans are unhappy & that's always a good thing.I also doubt there'll be any off-season slackers; after that debacle, very few jobs are safe. Even those who will surely be here will have an itch that won't get scratched until they play in Hagtown again.

Agreed, Azul- we've covered this ground before time and again. Anytime the Rams lose it's because of the officials; this call, that non-call, the league hates us, blah, blah, blah. We lost because Seattle is a better football team, pure and simple. The officiating wasn't great by any stretch, but no call yesterday would've changed a thing.

The officiating is below average throughout the league and there is no doubt the league will be reviewing everything in the off-season. Fact: The NFL's referees are scrutinized way beyond anything the other major sports do with their officials in terms of their evaluation system. Take that statement for what it's worth, but it's 100% true because I have direct knowledge of how it works. After a certain number of "demerits" over the course of a season, your days of officiating NFL games are over.

As stated on another post, the Rams need to start consistently showing poise and discipline or they will become Detroit; just another talented team who misses the playoffs and establishes a reputation for extreme stupidity.
    Last edited by NJ Ramsfan1; -12-30-2013 at 10:26 AM.
    live4ramin and MauiRam like this.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Jersey
    we've covered this ground before time and again. Anytime the Rams lose it's because of the officials;
    Jersey, I've yet to see anyone claim this loss was due to the refs. I'm pretty certain everyone understands that the Rams were not the better team on the field.

I believe the complaints of officiating are separate from the theoritical game outcome.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Rambos is online now Registered User

I like the fight this young Rams to has. If you asked most of the players in camp about their football rivals they would say it's a college team they played the last few years. Now they will say the Hawks and the Whiners are.

This game was ugly, but it was like being in a fight with one hand tied behind your back. I appreciated all Clemens did this year but he would say that was his worst game he played.
    MoonJoe likes this.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

I liked the fire inside as well. It certainly wasn't the SOSAR. That being so stated, learn from your mistakes kids and turn that anger into a desire to play better and make the niners and hawks remember, you wont back down!
    "The disappointment of losing is huge!"

Jack Youngblood

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    As stated on another post, the Rams need to start consistently showing poise and discipline or they will become Detroit; just another talented team who misses the playoffs and establishes a reputation for extreme stupidity.
    I like the feistiness but I am worried the Rams are getting a dirty rep with their trash talk antics and less then smart play. This needs to be cleaned up in order to truly become a force in the league.
    live4ramin likes this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Jersey, I've yet to see anyone claim this loss was due to the refs. I'm pretty certain everyone understands that the Rams were not the better team on the field.

I believe the complaints of officiating are separate from the theoritical game outcome.
    This. The discussion here is whether the Rams embarrassed themselves with disgraceful play, not that the horrible officiating impacted the game outcome.

I'll point to two plays that pretty much put what happened in perspective. In the 2nd quarter, after a play was over, Seattle guard Breno Giacomini puts Alec Ogletree in a head lock and doesn't let go, so Ogletree and Dunbar push him away, with Giacomini throwing up his hands like he's a victim. No call on Giacomini for instigating the whole thing, but the Rams are hit with a 15 yard taunting penalty. The other is the Marshawn Lynch run where Trumaine Johnson's helmet came off, and Lynch repeatedly shoves his hand into Johnson's exposed face. No call on Lynch, but Ogletree, who pushes Lynch off of Johnson, is called for unnecessary roughness. If anything, the Rams were guilty of being caught as the retaliators, the second offenders.

Did the Rams lose some composure? Yes. Did the Rams let Seattle goad them into some penalties? Yes. Did the Rams get mired in trash talking? Yes. Did the Rams throw any cheap shots, hits to the head, shots to the knees, or slam any opponents to the ground? No. Nothing dirty that I saw, and nothing to be ashamed of, or that could be seen as disgraceful. That's just the way I saw things.

live4ramin is offline Registered User

Sooooo, the rams don't like it when the other team uses chipy play huh? This is not the professional football I signed up for. This is punk football. It is prison culture football. And it's where our society is headed I'm afraid.
    "The horror"

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast