throwback week

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Rams Ready for Redskins ..

Posted by nickwagoner on September 24, 2010 Ė 6:39 PM

- The Rams just wrapped up their Friday practice and along with it their final preparations for Sundayís game against Washington at the Edward Jones Dome.

- On the injury front, the picture cleared up a bit Friday and there were no real surprises.

- Officially listed as out are TE Michael Hoomanawanui, LB Chris Chamberlain, DT Darell Scott and TE Billy Bajema.

- On the doubtful list are WR Laurent Robinson, DT Clifton Ryan and S Craig Dahl. None are expected to be able to play Sunday.

- Dahl came to work Friday still feeling symptoms from his concussion so the Rams did not do an exertion test. Itís highly unlikely heíll play. James Butler will start in his place at strong safety.

- Ryan continues to gather information on his migraine headache issues. Coach Steve Spagnuolo said heís unsure if itís something more involved than that but that is the reason Ryan continues to get opinions.

- Assuming Ryan canít play, the Rams will have to make a roster move as starters Gary Gibson and Fred Robbins are the only healthy tackles on the roster. Most likely, rookie Jermelle Cudjo will move to the varsity. He got plenty of reps in Fridayís practice.

- Robinson was in a walking boot on Friday and appears to be having more troubles than first realized. With him out of the lineup, the Rams will have Brandon Gibson active and he, along with Mardy Gilyard, figure more prominently in the offense this week for the first time.

- DE Eugene Sims missed the practice because of a family matter but heís expected to return in time for Sundayís game.

- On the bright side of the injury coin, the Rams appear to be much healthier at cornerback. Justin King is good to go and Kevin Dockery is probable to also be available. That gives the Rams their full cache of corners for this game. Marquis Johnson remains up as well and will serve as an emergency safety as well.

- Tight end Daniel Fells did more in practice as the week went on and it looks like heíll be ready to go against the Redskins. That means rookie Fendi Onobun wonít likely be too involved in the offense. Still, the Rams will likely find a few plays here and there in which to involve Onobun.

- Thatíll do it for today. The Rams and Redskins kick it off at 3:05 Sunday at the Edward Jones Dome.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Ready for Redskins ..

Some big injuries there. I really like Dahl, Ryan, and Robinson.

I am amazed that Fells is good to go. That fall looked painful.

I hope the rams are ready to play and I hope that the fans are loud and there is a home field advantage.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Shanahallen Guest

The Redskins will be ready, but we have some key injuries too: Trent Williams at starting LT, Antonio Bryant, our reserve NT, Haynesworthless (ankle) at whatever he feels like playing, Portis has a banged up wrist, Anthony Armstrong has a strained groin -- not good at WR.

But it's game on!

Keenum is offline Registered User

We had better be ready, as we saw last week the Redskins can put up some points, but we should also be able to move the ball on them.

MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I'm going to have my eye on #68 Jermelle Cudjo - this kid definitely had his moments during the preseason. He is very quick for his size, (6'2" 299lbs) and as he refines his technique, will likely develop into a disruptive force for opposing offenses to deal with. Clearly Spags and crew are hoping for the same ..

2006Skins Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Shanahallen View Post
    The Redskins will be ready, but we have some key injuries too: Trent Williams at starting LT, Antonio Bryant, our reserve NT, Haynesworthless (ankle) at whatever he feels like playing, Portis has a banged up wrist, Anthony Armstrong has a strained groin -- not good at WR.

But it's game on!
    Skins are bad at WR whether Armstrong plays or not. That receiving corps is terrible. I'm amazed the skins don't run more two TE sets with Davis and Cooley because they're better pass catchers than all receivers outside Moss.

That's where the Rams can hurt the skins. They will be able to blitz plenty with man to man coverage because the receivers won't burn them for it.

ArmchairRedskins Guest

Armstrong is shaky, but even old man Galloway can get behind the secondary and catch a pass or two. Besides, Devin Thomas will probably be at WR and he had a pretty good day against the Saints last year. I wouldn't overlook him.

I like that y'all got Bradford, but I don't like him against an aggressive 3-4. Too many looks and disguises for him to dissect. He'll be good against them eventually, just not tomorrow. This year is all about learning and adapting. You'll have a great passing game soon enough. Tomorrow, though, he'll be learning some lessons.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

With there starting LT out and Chris Long hungry for sacks(im assuming, but what DE isnt hungry for it) , if C.Long doesnt come through with a lot of pressures and/or a sack or something thatll make him seem like a key player, i hate to say it, but i dont think he will live up to what we standardized him as a 2nd overall pick. no, i am not comparing him to mathews in greenbay or any other DE for that matter, but i am looking at him from a 1st round pick point of veiw who has yet to get a sack this year(yes, i know sacks are an understatement on a DE's impact). yes, i must admit he has pressured the qb on the opposing teams quite well and seem to always just be a half second behind. but we need the stud DE that isnt a half second behind. the 3rd year is the breakout year for DE's and when they pull through on what was advertised for them. i just hope at some point this year he becomes that elite player we have all come to desire and love. he does have the best motor on our team and pressures the qb constantly, but it seems he's missing 10% of something, cant tell you what it is, but something isnt there. maybe its the rest of our line, not getting double teams and what not. but this is his year to show who he is and if he is our future stud DE or if hes just constants pressure and nothing more. to me it seems he is a constant pressure DE and if we add another studd DE in the draft or FA it would draw double teams to him or "future DE" and we would get those sacks and much more pressure thats needed to be a great defense.
    i wish the best for long, he was the pick i wanted and yes, i have wanted more from him, he finished strong last year but he has yet to continue it over to this season. besides his pressures, which ill reiderate again, , they help , but dont really do much unless u have another DE doing the same on the other side. and selvie and co. arnt there yet it seems. C.Long is one of my favorite rams, i just wish he had that extra 10% and hope to see it soon. not just the last 5 games of the season.

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

Tampa just to clear things our Clay Mathews is not a "DE". He is a hybrid OLB.... thats why he is loaded with sacks. It is so much harder for a true defensive end to get a sack instead of a OLB in a 3-4 scheme.

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

yea, i realized that this morning, kinda had a little to much kool-aid last night.......but thanks for letting me know.

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Tampa just to clear things our Clay Mathews is not a "DE". He is a hybrid OLB.... thats why he is loaded with sacks. It is so much harder for a true defensive end to get a sack instead of a OLB in a 3-4 scheme.