Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams are for real--PFW

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    I seem to remember, not to long ago, a Rams team that came out of the starting blocks and forged a 5 and 0 start to the season, then promptly crumbled into crap.
    I'm pretty sure the last Rams team to start the season 5-0 was the 2001 Super Bowl season...? Maybe I'm missing something and you're referring to a different year.

ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

TheBritishRam is offline Registered User

I think if our offense plays like it did last week and our D plays like it did for the first three weeks then we do have a good chance to make the playoffs this season but it's the big question the rams need to answer. Can they be consistent? On evidence so far no they cannot, but if the answer is yes, which i firmly believe they can be, then they can be a real threat this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    I'm pretty sure the last Rams team to start the season 5-0 was the 2001 Super Bowl season...? Maybe I'm missing something and you're referring to a different year.
    yes I am, look back a couple more years but still in St Louis

:beer:

LaRamsFanLongTime Guest

Aaron Brooks OAK 68 14 0 0 58
    Lmao the guy cant throw interceptions from his back hahahaha.

No one on that whole list is a starting QB gotta love how Marc is playing at the moment.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

No one on that whole list is a starting QB gotta love how Marc is playing at the moment.
    In Bulger's first 43 games, he had 8 games w/o a pick. In his last 5 games, he has 5 games w/o a pick.

There's something to be said for protecting the ball.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez View Post
    not one to be known as putting a brake on things, I would like to do just that.

:imho:

I seem to remember, not to long ago, a Rams team that came out of the starting blocks and forged a 5 and 0 start to the season, then promptly crumbled into crap.

Lets put all celebrations on hold until the half way point before proclaiming the second coming

:beer:

YES THAT WAS 1995 WHEN THE RAMS BEAT THE PACKERS IN THEIR OPENING SEASON GAME, THEN LOST TO THE COLTS GAME 6 AND EVERYTHING WENT DOWN HILL FROM THERE... OPENTHE SEASON 5-0 AND FINISH 3-8 OUCH...

RamsFanSam is offline Pro Bowl Ram

I read an article that claimed that the Rams have the weakest schedule this year. Bullcrap.

While we do not face the toughest of the teams each week, we don't have 16 weeks of the faders, either. In today's NFL, there isn't a whole lot seperating the best and the worst.

As for buying Super Bowl tickets, I doubt if anyone here thinks the Rams will be playing in SB XLI. Playoffs? That's a good possiblility, but there are many things that need to fall into place first. Unless Alexander being hurt and Chicago stomping the crap out of them is the beginning of the end, Seattle will probably end up having a second NFC West title. From the looks of it, this will be their last chance to enjoy it for a while. The Rams, even though they will probably not win the division, will probably end up being a wild card.

Now, if we look at this year's improvements to the Rams, things become clearer. The cancellation of the soap opera show in the FO has only been the beginning of stabilization for the team. Players and staff who were clearly unwilling or unable to get their asses in gear were let go. Others were put on notice to perform or get out. Excuses are no longer tolerated. Instead of some off-the-wall defense, Haslett employs a more effective scheme: Tackling. The once high-powered offense started slowly, and has obtained a level of comfort that is shown by the lack of mistakes and the resumption of the ground and air attacks. Special teams has changed from a laughingstock to being average - a huge improvement.

All of these changes are good. But, as evidenced by the signing of Kacyvenski, good isn't good enough. Linehan wants better. And, he's not too arrogant to go to the players and ask them for advice. He knows that a lot of his players are smart and experienced enough to know what works for them.

All of this adds up to a team on the rebound. The 2005 Rams were a puzzle that no one could put together. In 2006, the missing pieces have been identified, and the puzzle is slowly, methodically being put together. A lot of those pieces were already in place, and that's what kept our team out of the cellar. The rebuilding is at the right time. Instead of taking 5 or 6 years to try to rebuild, we will need only one, or at most, two. We may not get a ring this year, but we will be in the running next year.

As for Seattle: I hope you enjoyed your ride. It's hard for a team to stay at or near the top for more than two years. You played with the big boys in 2005, and you'll have the chance again this year, but don't count on it. And in 2007....sorry, guys. This is your fair warning: We're on our way back, and we're coming to get what belongs to us. The NFC West.

SavageRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    YES THAT WAS 1995 WHEN THE RAMS BEAT THE PACKERS IN THEIR OPENING SEASON GAME, THEN LOST TO THE COLTS GAME 6 AND EVERYTHING WENT DOWN HILL FROM THERE... OPENTHE SEASON 5-0 AND FINISH 3-8 OUCH...
    Hi, I've been lurking for a while... my first post.

I remember being very excited by the way the Rams started that 1995 inaugural season in St Louis. They beat the Packers (11-5), Saints (7-9), Panthers (7-9), Bears (9-7), and Falcons (9-7), some in convincing fashion, to start the season 5-1. Their only loss was a very close game against the Colts on week five, 21-18.

It setup a week seven showdown at home with the whiners (11-5). I can remember as though it were yesterday... in an interview right before the game with, then, RB Jerome Bettis, he said this ['95] season was going to be very different for the Rams, who had not seen a winning record since 1988. The Rams also where very hungry to end a nine game losing streak to the whiners.

Well, the Rams where crushed in that game physically and mentally right in front of the previously frenzied EJD home fans, 44-10. There was one particular play in that game I'll never forget, when whiner LB Ken Norton Jr. returned an interception for a touchdown and proceeded to treat the Ram's goal post insignia as though it were a punching bag. :x :sfosux:

The game exposed many weaknesses and the Rams never recovered, finishing with yet another losing season, 7-9.... lets hope history never again repeats itself. :l

And thanks to those who help provide what looks like a very nice message board... and allowing an old Ram fan to reminisce...

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by SavageRam View Post
    Hi, I've been lurking for a while... my first post.

I remember being very excited by the way the Rams started that 1995 inaugural season in St Louis. They beat the Packers (11-5), Saints (7-9), Panthers (7-9), Bears (9-7), and Falcons (9-7), some in convincing fashion, to start the season 5-1. Their only loss was a very close game against the Colts on week five, 21-18.

It setup a week seven showdown at home with the whiners (11-5). I can remember as though it were yesterday... in an interview right before the game with, then, RB Jerome Bettis, he said this ['95] season was going to be very different for the Rams, who had not seen a winning record since 1988. The Rams also where very hungry to end a nine game losing streak to the whiners.

Well, the Rams where crushed in that game physically and mentally right in front of the previously frenzied EJD home fans, 44-10. There was one particular play in that game I'll never forget, when whiner LB Ken Norton Jr. returned an interception for a touchdown and proceeded to treat the Ram's goal post insignia as though it were a punching bag. :x :sfosux:

The game exposed many weaknesses and the Rams never recovered, finishing with yet another losing season, 7-9.... lets hope history never again repeats itself. :l

And thanks to those who help provide what looks like a very nice message board... and allowing an old Ram fan to reminisce...
    I remember that game all too well. Everything went down the drain after that game.

Welcome to the board
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

bela Guest

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFanSam View Post
    As for Seattle: I hope you enjoyed your ride. It's hard for a team to stay at or near the top for more than two years. You played with the big boys in 2005, and you'll have the chance again this year, but don't count on it. And in 2007....sorry, guys. This is your fair warning: We're on our way back, and we're coming to get what belongs to us. The NFC West.
    I don't think Seattle is on the downslope, all of our key guys are signed long term, and our young defense is only going to get better.

That said, I do agree the Rams are making big improvements. Wild card this year? It's possible... But, big time NFC west showdowns are definitely on the horizon, perhaps as soon as next year.

Ya know, the ***** are on the rise as well. They've got a lot of the pieces already, they may need another year though.

Hell even AZ has promise. Get Leinart a year or two, some chemistry on the O-line and a little defense and they could be in the hunt too.

One thing is for sure, we should have a pretty interesting division in a couple years (although I think that this year and next belong to the Hawks).

bela Guest

Quote Originally Posted by bela View Post
    Ya know, the ***** are on the rise as well. They've got a lot of the pieces already, they may need another year though.
    Ok, I can't stand them either... but why is 4.9.e.r.s censored?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by bela View Post
    Ok, I can't stand them either... but why is 4.9.e.r.s censored?
    Because we block out ALL swear words on this site.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

bela Guest

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Because we block out ALL swear words on this site.
    Ahh.. makes sense. Such obsenities have no place on a family board such as this. :sfosux:

letsgoramz is offline Registered User

I say it all depends on this can't expect us to win all of the tough games ahead. . . . . But we must win the ones we are supposed to we have arizona and whiners again we must win those and for playoff chances I feel we MUST beat seattle both times this season to go to the playoffs....
    Torry Holt Dont play that

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

I already predicted we will make a strong appearance in the playoffs and I will say again, on Dec. 11, during Monday Night Football in front of a worldwide audience the Rams will, at home in the Dome, defeat the Bears and get some respect from around the league.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12