Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Rush's Pharmacist is offline Registered User

Re: Are Rams rebuilding?

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Hmm. So when Jackson has to share the wealth with other great players, he's benefitting from the "luxury" of a solid offense, but when Peterson has to share it, it's a detriment to his numbers. Interesting.

To clarify, I would not trade Jackson for Peterson, but that's just me.
    Peterson is sharing his yardage with players that also play his position to some degree. Harvin is a WR/RB. Taylor is the back up RB. He is not losing out on yardage due to receivers or QB play. The better the QB and receivers the more yardage he should gain over the course of the season.

And you'd be the only one who wouldn't make that trade. At least I hope so. I'd like to imagine there aren't a great deal of others whose homerishness clouds their judgment so significantly.

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rush's Pharmacist View Post
    And just for clarification purposes are you saying that you wouldn't trade Steven Jackson for Adrian Peterson straight up?
    No, i wouldnt. And just for clarification who had a better o-line today? Who had the benefit of wr's taking players out of the box for him? Who went against the 1st ranked rush defense? Think about that and then answer who had more yards today?

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bodies_hit_the_KFAN View Post
    u don"t know football.

Laern the game

moran

any fan worth their salt knows it's "ad" (all day) and yes he is different from jackson. He doesn"t suck!
    Just for the record pal, it's LEARN not LAERN and If you were trying to call someone a moron, it's spelled with two O's.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by 01d 0rd3r View Post
    No, i wouldnt. And just for clarification who had a better o-line today? Who had the benefit of wr's taking players out of the box for him? Who went against the 1st ranked rush defense? Think about that and then answer who had more yards today?
    The Vikings haven't had the #1 rushing D all year. They've been middle of the pack. And you're completely delusional.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Peterson is sharing his yardage with players that also play his position to some degree. Harvin is a WR/RB. Taylor is the back up RB. He is not losing out on yardage due to receivers or QB play. The better the QB and receivers the more yardage he should gain over the course of the season.

And you'd be the only one who wouldn't make that trade. At least I hope so. I'd like to imagine there aren't a great deal of others whose homerishness clouds their judgment so significantly.
    Again, when Peterson proves he's more than a one-dimensional back and shows he can do what Jackson can, we can talk. I'll take Jax, especially in a WCO. Sorry if you have a hard time dealing with that.

I know I'm just a "rube", but I would be happy to trade Alex Barron for Steve Hutchinson.

Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    Just for the record pal, it's LEARN not LAERN and If you were trying to call someone a moron, it's spelled with two O's.

The Vikings haven't had the #1 rushing D all year. They've been middle of the pack. And you're completely delusional.
    My bad they arent 1st defense, i thought i heard that during sports center this morning. However according to nfl.com as of right now they are 9th in rush defense, which is far from middle of the pack. In comparison as of right now the rams are 24th in run defense. SO my argument about who ran against the better defense still stands.

My bad they arent 1st defense, i thought i heard that during sports center this morning. However according to nfl.com as of right now they are 9th in rush defense, which is far from middle of the pack. In comparison as of right now the rams are 24th in run defense. SO my argument about who ran against the better defense still stands.
    Let me check my math. 32 teams in the NFL. Middle would be 16. 9 is closer to 16 than it is to 1. I declare needless hyperbole. And Jackson did run against a better defense today. But look at how few times Peterson had to run today. The Rams kept giving the ball back and let Favre throw it were ever he wanted. Peterson barely broke out a sweat. I'm not sure this a game where comparisons can really be made.

Let me check my math. 32 teams in the NFL. Middle would be 16. 9 is closer to 16 than it is to 1. I declare needless hyperbole. And Jackson did run against a better defense today. But look at how few times Peterson had to run today. The Rams kept giving the ball back and let Favre throw it were ever he wanted. Peterson barely broke out a sweat. I'm not sure this a game where comparisons can really be made.
    Maybe im wrong but im pretty sure that a top 10 defense in any category is considered very good and far from average, wouldn't you agree? Regardless 15 carries to 21 carries cannot make a comparison and i agree its not good for comparisons to be made. Just to be clear from the start of the year i have called ap the best back, and jackson second best. But if you asked me which is better all around i would say jackson. If you were to ask me who would i build a team around i would say jackson. but who is better running the ball? Peterson. This is largely attributed to the skill of the o-line they run behind, but right now peterson is the better runner. But i think we all can agree they regardless were individuals rank them they are the top 2.

Maybe im wrong but im pretty sure that a top 10 defense in any category is considered very good and far from average, wouldn't you agree? Regardless 15 carries to 21 carries cannot make a comparison and i agree its not good for comparisons to be made. Just to be clear from the start of the year i have called ap the best back, and jackson second best. But if you asked me which is better all around i would say jackson. If you were to ask me who would i build a team around i would say jackson. but who is better running the ball? Peterson. This is largely attributed to the skill of the o-line they run behind, but right now peterson is the better runner. But i think we all can agree they regardless were individuals rank them they are the top 2.
    I will definitely agree that Jackson is in the discussion as the second best and the team he plays for doesn't do him any favors. I think, however, if you polled GMs around the league and asked them if they were starting a team which RB would you most want I think you'd get a resounding 32 out of 32 claiming Adrian Peterson.

rampower is offline Registered User

Hypothetical Trade peterson for jackson?

He is 2 years younger so I would probably go with it provided we get get him signed up long term, similar to what we have in place with jackson. Although 2 years aint that much for a straight swap it would be worth it, Half backs do have a limited life, more so those who carry a heavy load.

We can argue who is better at this and that but they both put up similar yards from scrimmage, which is pretty much all that matters.
    The Breakfast Club. You want cheese with that?

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345