Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Rams & Redskins relationship?

berg8309 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams & Redskins relationship?

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post

And while Weeden may not be the answer at QB, Trent Richardson isn't a bad consolation prize. Didn't he just have his first 100yd game? Not bad for a kid who missed most of the off-season prep due to injury.
    I will only say this, I like T. Rich for sure, but how many games did the Rams win with a top RB and poor QB play?

rNemesis is offline Registered User

I, like most of the guys on this thread, could not give two hoots about what this win did for our relationship. As far as I'm concerned, the Rams-Redskins relationship is very tight right now, not only with the draft hype concerning RGIII and what they gave the Rams for him, and the players we ended up getting helped solidify a lot of holes on our team. IMHO, I think the Rams got the better end of the deal big time. I think it always looks sensible and smart when a team makes a trade with another team and wins in the deal. Over the last few years, the Redskins ended up getting Atogwe, Archuleta, London Fletcher, Adam Carriker, and Coach Haslett. So we've made a lot of trades, and/or the player who was a free agent went on to play for them. We have a history with this team the last 6 years or so.

On the field, we've kind of owned them over the last few years. We beat them Sunday,31-28, beat them last year 30-16. They beat us 9-7 before that, and we beat them 19-17 the year before I believe, or something like that. So, its become somewhat of a rivalry, with us being a little more on the good end of the spectrum. So its pretty clear Washington knows, especially now and from here on end, that when they play us, its gonna be a dogfight, no Michael Vick.
    Last edited by rNemesis; -09-18-2012 at 03:15 PM.

Rambos is offline Registered User

Atogwe free agent, London Fletcher free agent, Archuleta free agent. Carriker was traded to the Washington Redskins. In exchange, the teams swapped fifth and seventh-round draft picks in 2010.

They got London due to our FO was clueless, they over paid for both Archuleta and Atogwe IMO.

We made the Carriker trade and I could not tell you who we got but I know they really like Carriker.

The RG3 trade will go down in NLF history lets hope we are on the right side of that one.
    Last edited by Rambos; -09-18-2012 at 04:23 PM.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

They also got Toby Wright from us. . .

DE_Ramfan is offline Registered User

If Washington and St. Louis have a relationship the Redskins are going to spend all week convincing their friends they walked into a door.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I don't understand why the rams and redskins have played each other for the last 5 years. They are not in the same division, but they know each other well. The games have been close many of the years and the players do seem to be motivated to play hard against each other. Could be since so many players have moved from the rams to the redskins.

I heard that Carriker is out for the season btw.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

BlueTalon is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39WillRunYaOva View Post
    For the career of Sam and RG3 these two franchises will be linked and always compared and contrasted.We gave them the opportunity to draft RG3 and we kept Sam, which ever team does worse will be the team that will be criticized harshly.We need to turn these picks into good players and the redskins need to prove RG3 was worth the kings ransom they gave up for him.
    Such criticism may come, but likely only from shallow minded people. As a Seahawk fan, I don't particularly like the fact that you set yourselves up with a couple extra 1st round picks -- but even if RGIII leads the Skins to the Super Bowl before the Rams make the playoffs again, I would never criticize the Rams for making that deal. You guys set yourselves up for success, more power to you.

Quote Originally Posted by rNemesis View Post
    IMHO, I think the Rams got the better end of the deal big time. I think it always looks sensible and smart when a team makes a trade with another team and wins in the deal.
    One of the hallmarks of a good deal is when both sides think they won, and have legitimate reasons for thinking so.

By the way, congrats on the win! NFCW is making some noise.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12