Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rams - Redskins The RG3 Trade

chucknbob is offline Registered User

Re: Rams - Redskins The RG3 Trade

Even if RG cubed winds up being a top 5 QB in this league (and I don't think he will), I would still have made this trade.

citr92 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by chucknbob View Post
    Even if RG cubed winds up being a top 5 QB in this league (and I don't think he will), I would still have made this trade.
    also cause bradford will be one too :P

Rambos is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Mixed feelings on this one. A couple of years ago, it was the right strategy because of our many needs. But after awhile, it is expected that youth and extra draft picks translate into winning. You can't just keep collecting guys without expecting a return in the form of a playoff berth. And even shrewd football men can't expect to hit a home run every year by getting quality guys in the lower rounds. We have been patient enough. I do not wish to wait another three years for the post season and continue to use the "youth" and "inexperience" cards to justify yet again not going to the playoffs.

Two first round picks and a 2nd round pick next season, coupled with our lower round picks should be enough to get us over the hump without doing anything crazy.
    I understand where you are coming from, at some point we can't be the youngest team in the NFL. How about we trade the Skins pick for two future first round picks 2015 and 2016 and a second this year? We would still have the three top picks this year. We could get a longer look at some of the stockpile of young players we have. My fear is we have so many draft picks in a short period of time we draft players without knowing if it's a true need or not.

I don't know if they played that youth card as much as the RG3 trade made the youth movement possible.

Here is a question for anyone... looking at the Redskins roster and situation and the Rams situation. Who gets to the playoffs first? The team with the one player or the team that has the youth and the future picks?

Happy Thanksgiving

Ram Dragoon is offline Registered User

It was a great move for the Rams and a bonehead move for the Redskins.

Everyone here knows the Rams needed a lot of help on both sides of the ball. At that time the Redskins where a more complete team then the Rams. Further like the Rams, past decisions where biting both teams, but unlike the Rams, the Redskins where deep in salary cap trouble. Considering where the 49whinners picked up Capt. Kemp. or the Seagulls Wilson, it would have been a better solution if the Redskins scouts had done their homework.

Its a similar situation Rams picking S. Bradford, 2010. Yes the Rams got their QB, but what did the Rams really get to compliment that acquisition? At least the Redskins had a better developed receiving corps.

This pass offseason for the Redskins was a disaster. They seriously needed a strong running back and didn't get one. They needed a strong running game and didn't even get close to developing one. All in all it would be a mercy if the Redskins have a head coaching change.

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rambos View Post
    I understand where you are coming from, at some point we can't be the youngest team in the NFL. How about we trade the Skins pick for two future first round picks 2015 and 2016 and a second this year? We would still have the three top picks this year. We could get a longer look at some of the stockpile of young players we have. My fear is we have so many draft picks in a short period of time we draft players without knowing if it's a true need or not.

I don't know if they played that youth card as much as the RG3 trade made the youth movement possible.

Here is a question for anyone... looking at the Redskins roster and situation and the Rams situation. Who gets to the playoffs first? The team with the one player or the team that has the youth and the future picks?

Happy Thanksgiving

Hope your Thanksgiving was good, also!

It is not a bad thought- trading that pick for a 2015 and 2016 first rounder- if we can find someone who is interested. Admittedly, I was lukewarm when the Rams first traded down a couple years ago, but quickly realized with their many needs it was both the right and the smart thing to do. Today, we're in much better shape, although we certainly need help in various areas. Many of Fisher/Snead's picks have worked out very well, so as is usually the case, I'll trust his judgment. I just don't want us to pass on a guy universally thought to be outstanding in the 1st round only to gamble that we can hit the jackpot twice in the later rounds by trading the pick. It's asking a lot.

These last 5 weeks will determine a lot about how we approach the draft moving forward. Remember: 5 weeks ago, we thought we needed a big-time running back. Now we know that might not be the case.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

You have to be thankful to the Jags for trading in front of the Rams to take Blackmon too, otherwise he would be a Ram. Now i'm not sure if he would have had a different career to this point with Fisher in charge, but it's good to not have that headache on the team and instead have a guy like Brockers

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12