Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Rams release TE Hoomanawanui and G Ojinnaka

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Re: Rams release TE Hoomanawanui and G Ojinnaka

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    His athleticism was tantalizing but tough ? Wasn't he one of those guys who came to football later in his youth than most pros. I think there are very few of those guys who make the transition. Maybe something about the survival skills you learn as a kiddie player that become virtually instinctual once you get to the NFL.

And it wasn't just the injuries that make me question his football quotient/innate football toughness; he had more than a few passes knocked out by hits that a guy his size should be able to absorb.

It's a bit mean to say but I'm thrilled that the Decidedly Unmighty Quinn is gone.
    Edit ps: The pre-season exposure of these two players was at totally opposite ends of the spectrum. I don't think I ever saw Uh-Oh with the Sam-led ones but QO was in at guard as late as the second quarter vs Balt ,iirc.But they both get cut. Really hard to get a read on what the pre-season meant, isn't it?

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Edit ps: The pre-season exposure of these two players was at totally opposite ends of the spectrum. I don't think I ever saw Uh-Oh with the Sam-led ones but QO was in at guard as late as the second quarter vs Balt ,iirc.But they both get cut. Really hard to get a read on what the pre-season meant, isn't it?

Hoomanawanui caught a TD from Sammy in the Baltimore game. But that was with Kendricks sitting out. Maybe they had hoped to showcase Illinois Mike and draw in a trade? Same with Ojinnaka at Guard?

Seems as though with Dahl coming back at G, the team was comfortable with either Turner or Watkins starting at LG and the other backing up.

To be honest, it was somewhat baffling how Ojinnaka was still with the first team considering his play during the preseason.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by tomahawk247 View Post
    Hoomanawanui caught a TD from Sammy in the Baltimore game. But that was with Kendricks sitting out. Maybe they had hoped to showcase Illinois Mike and draw in a trade? Same with Ojinnaka at Guard?

Seems as though with Dahl coming back at G, the team was comfortable with either Turner or Watkins starting at LG and the other backing up.

To be honest, it was somewhat baffling how Ojinnaka was still with the first team considering his play during the preseason.
    Good catch on the BALT game but I think the disparity in time with the Sam #1s was still great.I agree; QO was startlingly bad in pass pro all along, imo, to the point where I started to worry about Rok's development; if QO was better, how bad must Rok be? And what happened to Mattison ? I thought he did decently at the end of last year.

I'd also feel a lot better if I knew Harvey Dahl's mystery "infection" is just something embarrassing like the clap or a beard infestation, rather than West Nile or whatever. Hmmmm...he did practice a lot with Smith beside him; concussions aren't contagious, are they ? Could he inadvertently have inhaled a fine mist of flop sweat ?
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -09-03-2012 at 05:43 AM.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I wouldn't be surprised to read or hear the Patriots have picked up Illinois Mike. The Pats seem to scoop up a lot of TE's.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12