throwback week

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Rams Report: Chris Long Suffers Thigh Bruise

Chris Long suffers thigh bruise

BY KATHLEEN NELSON
    Monday, December 20, 2010

The biggest surprise in the downer division of the Rams' injury report Monday was that defensive end Chris Long suffered a left thigh bruise in Sunday's loss to the Kansas City Chiefs.

"It's a little bit sore right now, so we'll see where we're at Wednesday," coach Steve Spagnuolo said.

Defensive end George Selvie suffered a toe contusion and was listed as day to day.

On the positive side, Spagnuolo said that running back Ken Darby and tight end Mike Hoomanawanui were improving and that he expected them to return to practice on a limited basis Wednesday. Darby cracked a rib against the Cardinals on December 5. Hoomanawanui suffered an ankle sprain in a 36-33 victory over Denver after scoring a touchdown. He was last seen walking around Rams Park last week in a protective boot.

"Ken felt pretty good today, the best he's felt in awhile," Spagnuolo said. "Mike ran around a little bit and felt pretty good."

Spagnuolo didn't rule out either playing Sunday against the San Francisco *****.

"They're limited in participation in practice right now, but they'll be out there in some capacity, so that's a positive thing," Spagnuolo said, adding that trainer Reggie Scott, "will have a better idea when they go through a practice Wedensday. Then he lets me know 'probable,' 'questionable.' If they're going to be out there practicing, there's always a chance."

Spagnuolo also said that cornerback Ron Bartell, who suffered a stinger against the Cardinals, seemed to suffer no ill effects Sunday.

RamFan_Til_I_Die is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Report: Chris Long Suffers Thigh Bruise

Am I missign something or isn't a bruise something football players play through? Don't they get bruised up every game? I mean sure it'll hurt, but if he misses the most important game of the year for a bruise...

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Am I missign something or isn't a bruise something football players play through? Don't they get bruised up every game? I mean sure it'll hurt, but if he misses the most important game of the year for a bruise...
    My thoughts exactly Josh. When I first saw the article title, my first reaction was "so what". I'm sure Long feels the same way.

"Ken felt pretty good today, the best he's felt in awhile," Spagnuolo said. "Mike ran around a little bit and felt pretty good."

Spagnuolo didn't rule out either playing Sunday against the San Francisco *****.
    Getting a ready to play Illini Mike would be huge.

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

ahhh c'mon come back with a real injury... you know these kids they bounce right back. suck it up and lets get some paybacks on these dirty whiners!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Spagnuolo said that running back Ken Darby and tight end Mike Hoomanawanui were improving and that he expected them to return to practice on a limited basis Wednesday.

we need these guys asap! Hoomanawanui will give bradford some needed breathing room and darby can do the same for SJax. if we can get all these guys healthy we will look good for a wildcard run!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Can't wait to see Hoomanawanui come back, he's been a solid contributer and I hope he stays healthy and consistent for years to come.

Alec22 is offline Registered User

Is UHOH actually coming back this week (possibly)?????? Didnt expect him back till (no jinx) possible playoffs

Rampingitup Guest

Let a former football player tell you something about bruises. When it is bad enough that they mention it on an injury report what they really mean to call it is a contusion. Which is a type is internal bleeding. Anybody remember last year when one of our players was admitted to the hospital for a "bruise"?

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RamFan_Til_I_Die View Post
    Didn't Dane Looker spend time in hospital because of a severe thigh bruise? I seem to remember that his leg filled up with blood & there was a real chance of a blood clot killing him.

I'm sure we all hope it's just a bad charley horse & I've heard nothing about Long that would make me believe he wouldn't play through if at all possible. Didn't he break a finger in his first game & not tell anyone until afterwards?