Results 1 to 6 of 6
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Azul e Oro
  • 1 Post By MauiRam

Thread: Rams report: Right tackle Saffold ruled out of third consecutive game ..

  1. #1
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,898
    Rep Power
    79

    Rams report: Right tackle Saffold ruled out of third consecutive game ..

    By Joe Lyons

    http://www.stltoday.com/sports/footb...-report-right-

    The Rams injury report is out and, as expected, right tackle Rodger Saffold has been ruled out of his third straight game with a knee injury.

    The Rams (1-3) will take on the Jacksonville Jaguars (0-4) on Sunday at noon at the Edward Jones Dome.

    Others not practicing on Friday were defensive end William Hayes (knee), cornerback Cortland Finnegan (hamstring), cornerback Trumaine Johnson (illness) and defensive tackle Matt Conrath (concussion).

    Hayes and Finnegan are doubtful for the Jacksonville game, with Johnson and Conrath listed as questionable. Linebacker Will Witherspoon (hamstring) and cornerback Brandon McGee (thigh) were full-go in practice Friday and are probable for Sunday.

    The Jaguars, who had 14 on their Thursday report, ruled out six players on Friday _ tight end Marcedes Lewis (calf), wide receivers Mike Brown (back) and Stephen Burton (concussion), cornerback Dwayne Gratz (ankle), defensive tackle Jeremy Mincey (concussion) and safety Dwight Lowery (concussion).

    In addition, wideout Cecil Shorts, their top receiver this season with 26 catches and 337 yards, is questionable after sitting out Friday's practice with a groin injury.


  2. #2
    Randart's Avatar
    Randart is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California
    Posts
    572
    Rep Power
    8

    Re: Rams report: Right tackle Saffold ruled out of third consecutive game ..

    Hope Marcedes gets back soon, but glad our guys don't have to deal with him. He is a awesome TE, watched him alot at UCLA back in the day. Their injuries are tough to take especially on offense. The Rams are trully fortunate this game to not have some of their best players unavailable. We have a great chance to win this game, got to stop MJD primary concern at this point!!! Thanks for the updates Maui!

  3. #3
    Azul e Oro is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,375
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Rams report: Right tackle Saffold ruled out of third consecutive game ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Randart View Post
    Hope Marcedes gets back soon, but glad our guys don't have to deal with him. He is a awesome TE, watched him alot at UCLA back in the day. Their injuries are tough to take especially on offense. The Rams are trully fortunate this game to not have some of their best players unavailable. We have a great chance to win this game, got to stop MJD primary concern at this point!!! Thanks for the updates Maui!
    True; ML is probably the best TE no one talks about.
    I don't think all the injuy-influenced match-ups favor The Rams, though. Blackmon will be a handful, coming back from suspension, TruJo has the flu & we all know Finnegan has issues. Better hope JJ doesn't have any of his brain gas moments.
    Randart likes this.

  4. #4
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,898
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: Rams report: Right tackle Saffold ruled out of third consecutive game ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    True; ML is probably the best TE no one talks about.
    I don't think all the injuy-influenced match-ups favor The Rams, though. Blackmon will be a handful, coming back from suspension, TruJo has the flu & we all know Finnegan has issues. Better hope JJ doesn't have any of his brain gas moments.
    It would seem our best chance is for our D-line to play well. Constant pressure on BG will help our secondary - can they bring it? That's the question .. Of course if MJD runs wild, well, never mind that ..

  5. #5
    Azul e Oro is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,375
    Rep Power
    72

    Re: Rams report: Right tackle Saffold ruled out of third consecutive game ..

    Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    It would seem our best chance is for our D-line to play well. Constant pressure on BG will help our secondary - can they bring it? That's the question .. Of course if MJD runs wild, well, never mind that ..
    No doubt; everything this defense tries to do depends on that.I watched the Colts/Jags game & Gabbert can move pretty well, though, so I'd add safeties and LBs into the equation, with Dunbar possibly having a big impact and hopefully a productive return for Stewart at safety. McDonald is a promising player but the McSafeties were really bad vs SF.

  6. #6
    MauiRam's Avatar
    MauiRam is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Maui, Hi.
    Age
    70
    Posts
    4,898
    Rep Power
    79

    Re: Rams report: Right tackle Saffold ruled out of third consecutive game ..

    Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    No doubt; everything this defense tries to do depends on that.I watched the Colts/Jags game & Gabbert can move pretty well, though, so I'd add safeties and LBs into the equation, with Dunbar possibly having a big impact and hopefully a productive return for Stewart at safety. McDonald is a promising player but the McSafeties were really bad vs SF.
    If Dunbar is seeking redemption, tomorrow is his chance. Fresh legs, and a log on his shoulder could really give this team a lift. Stew's return should be a bonus as well. Another guy who can help situationally is Ray Ray. He's going to make mistakes, but you've got to love the "tude" he brings.

    One or two big plays can change a game - I'm hoping it is the Rams who lead in that category tomorrow. We've still got enough guys on both sides of the ball who can deliver - tomorrow they absolutely must. The Rams need to experience that emotional surge/shift of momentum big plays bring about and get back to playing angry, confident football. I'm not just talking about the D - are you listening O-line?

    Note to Sam B. We all know how competitive you are around your state of the art ping-pong table. It's been well chronicled how hard you are to beat. Perhaps you can bring that fire to the field tomorrow and lead your team to a win.
    Randart likes this.

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 1
    Last Post: -08-12-2013, 12:40 AM
  2. Replies: 10
    Last Post: -07-15-2013, 08:25 PM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-14-2012, 10:26 PM
  4. Replies: 9
    Last Post: -06-24-2011, 02:51 PM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: -09-19-2010, 02:28 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •