Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    MsWistRAM Guest

Talking Rams Returning to MACOMB!

Rams decide to hold camp in Macomb for 7th year in a row
    By Jim Thomas
    Of the Post-Dispatch
    02/23/2002 04:48 PM

Despite rumors to the contrary last summer, the Rams are returning to Macomb for training camp. The team will train on the campus of Western Illinois University for the seventh consecutive season.

"We're going to Macomb," coach Mike Martz said Friday. "I love Macomb. I think it's great. It's concentrated. It's removed. The people up there treat us very well."

The Rams considered training elsewhere in 2002, with Southwest Missouri State University in Springfield one possibility.

The Rams are scheduled to report to Macomb on July 26, with the first practice on Saturday, July 27. Camp is scheduled to break Aug. 14, giving the Rams nearly three full weeks in Macomb.

"We're as excited about having the Rams back for their seventh year as we were in the first year," Macomb Mayor Thomas Carper said. "All indications are that the coach likes it here, and the team's been doing very well. So we must be doing something right."

You are looking at one Happy Camper! This just made my year! I'll keep you all posted on details. Start making your plans to come see me here in MACOMB to cheer our boys on to another great year!
    Last edited by MsWistRAM; -02-23-2002 at 08:52 PM.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thumbs up How about that!

RAMS '02: This is going to be a very special season. Lucky you... :cool:

:lid:

28rulz Guest
    Deffinately keep me posted, I have friends and family close to there and I would love to go. I didn't even know you could go to training camp untill I found this site. That will be an awesome summer vacation.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    Hmmm... I wonder if they feel like coming to Nebraska and practicing for just a few days...

:shield:

MsWistRAM Guest
    Forget it, Evil. If you want to see the Rams and former Husker Wistrom, you got to come here to Macomb. LOL

MsWistRAM Guest
    Oh, and 28rulz, I will definitely keep you posted, you sound a lot like me. I look forward to meeting you.

DJRamFan Guest
    Now, MsWistRAM, will you be living up to your official "ClanRam Training Camp Representative" title again We definitely enjoyed your daily reports

RealRam is offline Registered User

Thumbs up Thaz right DJ, MsWistRAM.

Roger that. :cool:

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Talking A Trillion Points for MsWistRam

Hey, I work on the "Who's Line is it Anyway" scoring model.

28rulz Guest
    That would be great! A lot of people from Carrollton went to school in Macomb. I headed towards MO and have been in MO off and on for some time. I talked to my husband and I am pretty sure we are going to make it our summer vacation(to training camp that is). I look forward to meeting you as well.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram
    I'll see you guys there in about 2 years, after I graduate from high school and find the time and money to road trip to Macomb while in college (at the same school Wistrom went to ).

MsWistRAM Guest
    Just hitch a ride with other fans from the Husker State, I'm sure your parents wouldn't mind.

As for reports, yeah, I'll probably do that again. Pictures too.

rams=nfl1 Guest
    I love going to Macomb...it's the perfect atmosphere...it's unbelieveable. So many great people there. I feel another great year!!!!

gap Guest
    Macomb is a GREAT little town!!

While they do have their fair share of bandwagoners, they also have a good amount of people who would be there every day during the "bad times".

I am not sure how many of the HUGE crowds came from St louis and further, but the crowds were tripled (or more) after they won the SB. The crowds (and partly finances) kept me away last year, but I have been there every year prior. I have an autographed polaroid of #10 Kurt Warner in one of my collections. Along with a pose with Will Brice, autographed TBanks, and a #94 Robinson. :-) Maybe the crowds won't be as bad this year with the way they lost the SB and the sure-to-be-changing roster. Hope to be there this year.

gap

MsWistRAM Guest
    Don't be so sure about the crowds. We had more visitors on average (at least it seemed that way to me) each day last summer than the summer after they won the Super Bowl. Of course that might have been because they had a shorter camp. I'm hopeful they will bring in another team for a scrimmage like they did with the Titans 2 summers ago. If you want to beat the crowds, come early in the week rather than a weekend.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast