Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    28rulz is offline Registered User
    MsWistRAM, we were looking at booking our hotel now, should we? And is there any way to know when to come. I guess what I mean is when will we get to meet players and such. Is there a designated time....I haven't a glue about any of it. We were going to stay a couple of days, but if I get that close to M. Faulk and don't meet him I will not be happy. Got any advice fo this Rookie? I am so excited now its rediculous.

"I'm over it. I know that we have a great group of guys, a really good core, and we'll be right back at it next year," -- RB Marshall Faulk

RamWraith is offline Registered User
    Just dont stay at the Amerihost Inn...

I would rather piss on an electric fence then to visit that craphole again....

GREAT town though...people were awesome!!! Reminded me of home :-)

:rolleyes: It must have been aweful!!! Actually we were looking at the Holiday Inn. I am so excited about this trip I scream outloud each time I think about it. I just want to get to planning.
    "I'm over it. I know that we have a great group of guys, a really good core, and we'll be right back at it next year," -- RB Marshall Faulk

RamWraith is offline Registered User
    We stayed at the Holiday Inn after we got so angry with Amerihost and left. Holiday Inn was GREAT!!!!

J-Ram, are you making the trip this year?

MsWistRAM is offline Registered User
    J-man is right, Holiday Inn Express is the better place to stay. For any info on Macomb and what they have to offer, go to www.macomb.com.

They usually aim for a morning and afternoon practice each day. Seeing as they will be here longer than last summer, expect them to get Sundays off. They did that the previous year when they stayed longer. Also the day after returning from any preseason games they have. Mornings are the best, it isn't as hot and sometimes afternoon practices get cancelled because of the heat. That's rare though.

Definitely make your reservations in advance, but as for scheduling, we only know July 26 - August 14 so far. More specific details will come out later.

As for actually meeting Mr. Faulk, good luck. I will tell you now he only gives autographs to children and no trading cards during the rare visits he makes to the fence. Remember, it's hot out there, especially after practice. Most are eager to hit the showers, Faulk is no exception.

Warner doesn't give autographs except on the religious statement cards and pictures that he himself provides which he is very generous with. Oh yeah, he'll also sign his book.
    MsWistRAM-Hope, not expectation.

I have three children...think that will work? I will be happy just to see him in person. Do they let you take pictures while they practice? I know I am a rookie, I appreciate all the input and help.

Absolutely bring your camera! You can take pictures anytime during practice and you can get some nice close ups at the fence. During scrimmages when they are working on the play book, video cameras aren't allowed. That seems to be the only restriction so far that I've seen.

I see no reason for you not to make your reservations now, unless they wind up scheduling something special like a scrimmage, but you can always change the reservations if they do. It's a small town, there is only so many rooms available. So early is good.

I really do appreciate the help. I feel kind of silly, like a kid ...but I am so looking forward to this. The kids are excited too. I think we'll go ahead and book now. I don't want to risk not getting a room. Although I would sleep in our van if all else failed. LOL Theres always camping options, which we love to do.

txramsfan is offline Registered User
    MsWistRam, hurry and post a reply. You have a bad karma number hanging (666).

vneally is offline Registered User
    I'm from the Macomb area and my wife works @ Western Ill. university. If anyone has questions about the area let me know. Camp is fun, they have added some games for the kids the last couple of years. Just don't expect to much actual game play. Most players are very good about signing. Bruce has been one of the best.

DODRAM is offline Registered User
    Welcome vneally, always glad to have some more local knowledge, we're looking forward to reading what's happening at camp

GO CLAYMORES : DEAD BUT NOT FORGOTTEN

Hello vneally! Glad to see someone in here from my area. Together we should have no trouble drawing them here. You will be at camp yourself? Right? Looking forward to meeting and remeeting fellow clanrammers.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12