Like Tree4Likes
  • 4 Post By 39thebeast

Thread: Rams Revamped defense

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Rams Revamped defense

First off let me say sorry for the hiatus, its been a busy semester, but glad to be back around die hard rams fans.

I love what we did in the draft defensively. I'm like what we did on the offensive side, but the defense even more so. Brockers has all the physical tools and huge upside. He will take time to develop, but IMO he has Albert Haynesworth potential, but this kid is as classy as they come and he is very hard worker. I think he will develop quicker than most people expect because he is surrounded by some much talent of the d-line. In terms of talent along in the starting front 4 the rams have one of the better d-lines in the league

Rams are stacked at corner and the NFL is a passing league making CB most important position in modern defenses behind pass rushers where the rams also have two studs. If Janoris Jenkins plays like the top 10 lock down corner talent he is this defense is going to be dominant. Finnegan and Jenkins provide two feisty down corners who would be a handfull for any WRs. Trumaine Johnson is also a starting caliber player who offers size and physicality at the position. If he comes in ready to play he would allow Finnegan to move inside in nickel situations like he did in Tennessee and excelled. If not we still have fletcher and Murphy coming off injury and both have flashed alot of talent. We also has Josh Gordy who also flashed at times last year. You would be hard pressed to find a team younger deeper and more talented at corner then the rams. In a passing league coverage guys are the rams strength. Mikell and Stewart also form an above average safety tandem in the back end.

I am not even mad the Rams waited until the 7th to get another OLB. The Rams nickel and dime packages are going to be very talented and in a passing league they will get a lot of playing time. The animal is just going to keep getting better and he will probably turn it up a notch in a contract year. He also has never had this much talent in front of him on the d-line. He will have plenty of room to make even more plays. Dunbar gives the Rams a solid second LB and he also has never played in front of a d-line with this much talent. Whoever wins the 3rd LB spot is probably going to be the defensive starter who receives the least snaps. The Rams picked up some fast rangy guys who could probably pick up that low snap count.

Outside of corner the defense isn't deep, but in terms of starting talent the Rams are very good.

general counsel is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Revamped defense

I am hoping with some of the cap money that has been freed up with the josh brown cut and the jason smith restructuring, we can pick up a linebacker or two at least for stop gap purposes during free agency.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Rambos is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Revamped defense

Good to see you back, nice post! I agree the defense is looking very good, the secondary is the deepest and most talented we've had in years IMO. Upfront Quinn is really an unknown commodity, we only got a small taste of what he can do, his upside is huge. Long is coming into his own. The addition Kendall Langford and Brockers inside is going to be awesome. Brokers is a beast and will be great against the run early in his career. Landlord will penetrate. Laurinaitis is going to have his best year and become a pro bowler playing behind Brockers. Long and Quinn should get some coverage sacks with the secondary.

As far as depth we should get some camp cuts to add some depth... the way this FO works they will grab a few more players once teams start to cut players.