39thebeast is offline Registered User

Rams rookies on the d-line

does anyone think that there is a possibility either one of the late round DT's step up to play nose and Wrotten will become a good UT, and if that happened Carriker stays at DE

z.nrd Guest

Re: Rams rookies on the d-line

The way it looks to me, Carriker will be a DT regardless.

I think there IS a chance one of the rookies steps up and can play some NT. They both have a lot of what you look for in NTs.

If that happens, and if Wroten is ready to play this year, look for Wroten to be part of a rotation. He would probably get a lot of snaps as an inside pass rusher, if nothing else.

chipperjones Guest

I like both Ryan and Jackson. I got the chance to be on the same field as Jackson. I was a school reporter for South East Missouri State. He played pretty good. From what I read on Yahoo Sports, Ryan has the potential to be a real steal.

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    does anyone think that there is a possibility either one of the late round DT's step up to play nose and Wrotten will become a good UT, and if that happened Carriker stays at DE
    While I hope that one of the late DTs makes this team I DO NOT want A. Carriker at DE. He would not have the required burst to play the edge and pressure the QB. IMHO he is best served playing inside where his size and strength will be an asset and his questionable speed will not be such a liability. BTW I was very disgusted with the pick of Carriker initially until it was announced that he was moving inside to DT. I'm on board with that scenario, but not with him as a starting DE. I think the combo of Wroten and Carriker has some real possibilities for success.

WHAT SAY YE?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams rookies on the D-line

Good question and ... Welcome to the Clan, 39Beast!

I see AC as an inside DL project as well. That is, a front burner project! As in already being a 'Plan A' part of the D-line system, enabling Coach Haslett and his assistants to place Adam as a starter, even if on a rotational basis with our DT veterans.

Would also like to see Wroten and Ryan in this DT rotation too. Not sure about Jackson in there this season.