Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    rammiser is offline Registered User

Re: Rams running back Steven Jackson back on sideline

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    This is absolutely ludacris ...

You know, I was a little upset when Jackson held out, but I gave him the benefit of the doubt. It took him two weeks to apparently get into game shape, then he started playing well, then he suffers this apparent "injury" against Dallas. We're all feeling good about him again, the fans are back on his side. And then what?

He's been out nearly ONE MONTH with a quad bruise/strain? Are you freaking kidding me? Unless it is like Av said, and they misdiagnosed the injury, I've lost about as much respect for this guy as I possibly can without getting to a point where I just don't even care about him anymore ...

Leonard Little is playing with a ripped hamstring, Pittman is playing with a pulled one, Carriker and Stanley have bum ankles, Bulgers entire body must be bruised ....

Yet, Jackson cannot play with a quad bruise? What a freaking joke this guy is turning into ....

And I hate to say that because I love Jackson, the football player ....

I disagree, You can keep calling him soft but even Tony Saragusa and the guys calling the game talked about how difficult it is for a running back to play with that type of injury because of the cuts and stuff they have to do. The guy is hurt, if he could play he'd be playing. He tried to rush back early against the Cards and no one said, wow look at Jax trying to play through the pain. Instead everyone said he shouldnt be out there. Now your saying he's soft and its just a thigh bruise. Have you ever had a deep tissue bruise like the one Jax has? I doubt it, so I doubt you know what type of pain the guy is in. He tried to come back and probably made it worse. So quit blaming the guy because he's injured.

Just Fix It

Mooselini is offline Registered User

None of us are doctors. So before you start criticizing him for his injury, go to St Louis, examine him yourself and tell us whats really going on with him.

It could be worse than we are completely aware of. Do you really think Jackson wants to sit the bench? I haven't heard of any player who just wants to sit because he "doesn't feel like playing". Never heard of it.

It's tough. But thats football. You get hurt. Sometimes you can play through it, sometimes you can't.

Chris58 is offline Registered User

No doubt Jax is a brute..........., when he can play at 100%. When he is anything but less than 100% he appears to be worthless.

I wonder if we shouldn't try to trade him before the whole league is aware of his Achilles heel. As much as we need to rebuild in all areas, I would just as soon have a solid every game back and a few draft picks. Solid, if not spectacular would be just fine at this point.

CaliGirlRamsFan is offline Registered User

My issue is with not diagnosing and watching him more closely. A hard hit and a thigh bruise can develop badly. Blood circulation, you name it. Who cleared him to play? That is my point.

ESPN.com: TRAININGROOM - Training Room: Bruises and hematomas

Now, after looking at this link we have to wonder. He has been running, he has practiced, yet it get's worse.

So, who are the idiots even letting him practice? Is it because it is not that bad? Is it that bad and our great team of doctors are lying?

It is extremely confusing as to to the depth of the bruise that is being reported.

I am going to wear my Jackson Jersey, because I have a feeling this is much worse than being reported, and our cracker jacks team of doctors are not evaluating him enough.

Rant over, I just hope this doesn't get to serious for him.
    Last edited by CaliGirlRamsFan; -11-14-2008 at 12:07 AM.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Visit myspace.com/polejox

Nick is online now Superbowl MVP

Nick, I greatly respect you, but I cannot believe you are defending this guy ...
    I'm defending the guy because I'm not a doctor and don't know the extent of his injury, and thus can't just say he should be playing because I think he should. I don't have the information so I'm not going to make an assumption about his health.

What I do know is in the link I posted, which says he isn't soft and that he isn't responding to treatment for his injury. Just because another player has a similar injury doesn't mean both people are going to respond in the same way. People respond in different ways to treatments.

If you want to make the case that he's injured too much and this is just another example of him getting worn down, I think that's a case that could be made. But to conclude he's packing it in or to imply he's milking this thing when he tried to come back at less than 100% against Arizona and couldn't... well, I just don't see much reason or support behind that.

ManofGod is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by maineram View Post
    Once again , UNRELIABLE !!!!!

Trade the bummmmmmm in March !!!!

Maineram -
    Wishful thinking but after the money we just gave him, we won't do that for atleast 2 years. And he knows that which I'm not sure is a good or bad thing, but based on what we've seen he has not shown that he is the type of player to sit out for the heck of it.
    Nick, I greatly respect you, but I cannot believe you are defending this guy ...

It's a QUAD BRUISE ...

All kinds of guys, at different positions, play through worse injuries, even on this team (i.e.. Pittman). If he has a quad bruise that doesn't respond in three weeks, he is fragile as glass, and we've wasted yet another large sum of money ...

He's packing it in, plain and simple. If he can't work, IR him, and let somebody like Darby get the reps ...
    Infiniti we've gotta win a game soon or you are gonna really loose it man(lol), but in all honesty that is a tough injury to heal b/c of the location, and the fact that he is as big as he is. The best bet would be to sit him completely for a week or 2.

tomcat is offline Registered User

I have been a ram fam since 1980 and even pay for sunday ticket so i can watch them but lately I am more interested in other games I am fairly pist the Jackson held out because he thinks a he is a superior running back ( and he is when he plays) look at his history though I think he has missed more games in 2 years then he has played.

They should have traded him when he was holding out.

He is just to accident prone and somehow get injuries that keep him out over 1/2 a season.

I agree that the quad injury is tuff but he needs to do what he can to not get those injuries.

If he could play like he did against Dalles in ever game that would be good.

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    If you want to make the case that he's injured too much and this is just another example of him getting worn down, I think that's a case that could be made.
    And that's my disappointment with Jax. There are injuries like ankle sprains, knee damage, broken ribs, dislocated shoulders, etc. These are injuries from contact. Jax seems to get injuries from his own doing. He makes a cut, makes a juke and boom....., his quad is blown or his hammie is strained. I would much rather have a runner like Kevin Faulk who plays all the time every game. Not spectacular, just dependable. Catch the ball, block the blitz pick up, run for 80 yards a game. That to me is better than all the potential of a RB who misses 25-50% of every season. Beside 2006, SJAX has been a disappointment for me.

bigredman is offline Registered User

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

makersncoke is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Chris58 View Post
    And that's my disappointment with Jax. There are injuries like ankle sprains, knee damage, broken ribs, dislocated shoulders, etc. These are injuries from contact. Jax seems to get injuries from his own doing. He makes a cut, makes a juke and boom....., his quad is blown or his hammie is strained. I would much rather have a runner like Kevin Faulk who plays all the time every game. Not spectacular, just dependable. Catch the ball, block the blitz pick up, run for 80 yards a game. That to me is better than all the potential of a RB who misses 25-50% of every season. Beside 2006, SJAX has been a disappointment for me.
    You make a good point here Chris, I think the reason that Jax sustains the injuries he does has to do with the style of running that he tries to do. He is a big man who tries to run like a scat back when his body style is more suited for a downhill power runner. It puts a great deal of force on joints and muscles when you try to change direction quickly especially when you are a 235lb man. That's just my opinion, I'm not a doctor and I don't play one on tv either.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

sjax08 is offline Registered User

He is one of the top 5 rbs in the league I can't believe people are giving up on him. Just think if we didn't have him these last couple of years, we wouldn't have won games.

This season is over, there is no point in forcing him to play while injured because it doesn't mean anything. Let him heal, and we rebuild, hopefully have a good draft cus im sure well have a top pick ,and focus on 09.

Quote Originally Posted by sjax08 View Post
    He is one of the top 5 rbs in the league I can't believe people are giving up on him. Just think if we didn't have him these last couple of years, we wouldn't have won games.
    He has all the potential to be the best back in the league, but potential is a cruel word. In JAX case, potential means his unrealized success and that is what has me discourage about him.

In the last 25 games the Rams have won 5. I know, I know, the line, the defense, the QB, etc. etc. He/Rams can't be successful when he misses so much game time.

tomcat is offline Registered User

sjax08,

He has been in the league for 5 years and he has spent almost 1/2 that time being injured to me it just doesn't make sense to pay someone for nothing.

I haven't gave up on him yet but he needs to stay healthy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12