Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Rams, Saints will be suitors for available veteran free agents

Rams, Saints will be suitors for available veteran free agents

Head coach Mike Martz told PFW on Wednesday that his team isn’t done re-tooling its defense if the right player comes along and the team will scour any and all veterans available between now and the start of the regular season. The Saints could serve as competition, at least at cornerback, with RCB Fahkir Brown demanding a new contract. New Orleans also is involved in the bidding for WR Az-Zahir Hakim, who was released by the Lions on April 28.

PFW: Are there players of significance who could upgrade these teams?

Reynolds: The Rams might blow in a call to gauge Ty Law’s interest at some point, but the broader picture as it pertains to St. Louis and its defense is to add depth, thus building the maligned special-teams units. Martz acknowledged that the salary cap and a lack of complete attention to his defensive “back seven” cost the special teams in the past. While LBs Dexter Coakley and Chris Claiborne should make a difference, the Rams are more interested in filling the secondary with proven veterans. A player like FS Lance Schulters would interest Martz should the Titans choose to part with him. Schulters, if his foot is 100 percent, could be a fine complement to Adam Archuleta, who is recovering from a back injury.

My take: Take em both! :redface:
    Last edited by ZigZagRam; -06-02-2005 at 01:16 PM.

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams, Saints will be suitors for available veteran free agents

Ty Law as our free safety would be awesome cause we all know how much he likes contact and disrupting routes

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by serkicker32
    Ty Law as our free safety would be awesome cause we all know how much he likes contact and disrupting routes
    On one hand I agree. But on the other hand, I soooooooo do not want to deal with another Poston client. I believe the Rams' roster is currently "Poston and Rosenhaus" free, and I would love to keep it that way.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

If we can sign Law at a reasonable price I'd love to have him at safety. He'll be playing on this years contract and if the Postons give us any problems, we get rid of him knowing Atogwe will have had a year of seasoning in the league. This would be exactly like the Aeneas Williams signing. Shut down corner to free safety. He could go back to corner if one of our top 2 gets hurt.

general counsel Guest

After the pace debacle, i view the chances of us getting a deal done with the postons as basically slim and none, and slim has left the building.

Someone will pay for law out of desparation as a corner.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

maineram is offline Registered User

Screw Ty Law. We don't need any cheatin B*****ds on the team. And dealing with the Postons would be another solid reason it should be a big NO, picking this turd up.

Maineram - :ramlogo:
    and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

Screw Ty Law. We don't need any cheatin B*****ds on the team. And dealing with the Postons would be another solid reason it should be a big NO, picking this turd up.
    He's better than anything we have on the roster. Perhaps you should put your personal grudge aside for a player that would help this team.

maineram is offline Registered User

With his foot injury, along with his diminishing skills as a db, I don't believe he's better than, " anything we have on the roster". Team chemistry is also very important, which I don't think he'd add any positive value to. Also, let's ask Isaac about Ty's quality DB play ???

If they brought him in, I would have to except him as a die hard Rams fan. But I'd rather eat 2 shovels full of dirt.

Let's just keep Turley and call it good !!

and out of the ashes rise ...The Breakfast Club !

gap Guest

Quote Originally Posted by maineram
    With his foot injury, along with his diminishing skills as a db, I don't believe he's better than, " anything we have on the roster". Team chemistry is also very important, which I don't think he'd add any positive value to. Also, let's ask Isaac about Ty's quality DB play ???

If they brought him in, I would have to except him as a die hard Rams fan. But I'd rather eat 2 shovels full of dirt.

Let's just keep Turley and call it good !!

Not only these questions, but do you think the officials would allow him the same lattitude in St Louis that they gave him in NE? I certainly don't. If he were to sign with the RAMS, I would expect the officials to throw flags from when he was in NE, even when he is on the bench.

gap

general counsel Guest

Well said Gap, a relevant and revealing recognition of the travesty of biblical magnitude inflicted on the rest of the league by officials allowing the patsies to get away with murder, while crucifying our men in blue and gold

ramming speed to all

general counsel

psycho9985 is offline Registered User

Ya . If we had Ty Law playing for the Rams he would lose his grace with the officials.They'd throw flags at him from Texas even if we're playing in New York.
    My heart beats crazy and my blood runs wild

Well of course I'd only want him if he'd pass a physical and would be able to play. But am I really the only one here who thinks he'd be a valuable addition to this team?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    Well of course I'd only want him if he'd pass a physical and would be able to play. But am I really the only one here who thinks he'd be a valuable addition to this team?
    Zig, I personally can't get past the Poston connection. This game is hard enough to win on the field, I wouldn't want the headaches those two nimrods bring off the field.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

CRAZYHORNS is offline Registered User

I can't get past any sentence with the word suitors involving the Rams and Saints....

You know the saying one mans trash is anothers treasure.....

However, most trash is just trash.... the Rams need to be very selective.... Lets hope we do not waste precious salary cap money on players we do not need.....

serkicker32 is offline Registered User

Hey double z I want him too

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast