throwback week

RamsFan16 Guest

Rams | Saipaia to Start in Place of Tucker

Rams | Saipaia to Start in Place of Tucker
    Wed, 14 Sep 2005 17:46:31 -0700

St. Louis Rams OT Blaine Saipaia will start the team's Week 2 game in place of injured OT Rex Tucker (calf). Saipaia started seven games for the Rams last season at right tackle: five regular-season games and two playoff contests. Although his body type is more suited to guard, Saipaia is a tough guy who did a decent job at the position last season.

Didn't Saipaia do good last year?

Tony Soprano Guest

Re: Rams | Saipaia to Start in Place of Tucker

Not really. He had to be helped. He was moved inside to guard before the Right Tackle plan fell apart. I think he's better than Tucker.. but, the Rams wouldn't have made the Right Tackle their hightest priortiy in the off-season if Saipaia was the answer. They'd have been more than happy to use the number 1 on a DB or a Linebacker.

And Martz's latest quote: The OFF Right Tackle has been his nightmare position for 3 years.

Last edited by Tony Soprano; -09-14-2005 at 09:41 PM.

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Soprano
    Not really. He had to be helped. He was moved inside to guard before the Right Tackle plan fell apart. I think he's better than Tucker.. but, the Rams wouldn't have made the Right Tackle their hightest priortiy in the off-season if Saipaia was the answer. They'd have been more than happy to use the number 1 on a DB or a Linebacker.

And Martz's latest quote: The OFF Right Tackle has been his nightmare position for 3 years.

And it looks like he hasn't really done anything to help the cause

talkstoangels61 Guest

Saipia will do just fine just watch!................He has a nasty streak in him!

psycho9985 Guest

I still wanna see Barron.The guy has to live up to his Billing sooner or later.Gotta justify that contract. IMO.

talkstoangels61 Guest

Actually i might start Willig and play Terrell and Saipia at guards!

RamsFan16 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    I still wanna see Barron.The guy has to live up to his Billing sooner or later.Gotta justify that contract. IMO.
    I agree with your comment

theodus69 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by psycho9985
    Sink or swim. Put Barron in and see what he does! He's being paid big money not to sit on the particle board. Get him in there now!!!!!!!

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan16
    And it looks like he hasn't really done anything to help the cause
    The Rams did sign Kyle Turley, then a top-5 right tackle in the league, but it turned out predictably ugly. Then they spent a first-rounder on a lineman for the first time since Pace entered the league. Yet the merry-go-round continues circling... this week it's Blaine whoever. Did Ryan Tucker or Fred Miller have something against this team to put a hex on the RT spot?