Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Re: Rams: Secrecy is in, media are out

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Linehan sounds a lot like the paranoid Martz right now. "Must keep the secrets" from the outside world.
    I don't think its paranoia.

Last year, Linehan worked for Nick Saban in Miami who was probably even more restrictive with the media. He also turned around a team that was coming off a couple of losing seasons and ended up 9-7 (finishing very strong). I think Linehan is using what he saw Saban do as a model.

As a fan, I have no problem with it. I really don't think the media adds much in the way of insight anyway.

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I don't think its paranoia.

Last year, Linehan worked for Nick Saban in Miami who was probably even more restrictive with the media. He also turned around a team that was coming off a couple of losing seasons and ended up 9-7 (finishing very strong). I think Linehan is using what he saw Saban do as a model.

As a fan, I have no problem with it. I really don't think the media adds much in the way of insight anyway.
    Well as a fan that is far away, I get very little news about the Rams. No tv coverage, no radio, just a few articles... and if this means less articles from the media, than it means less news to me. I need to hear about the team to be interested in them, but hey lots of fan watch because they like the horns and the horns shall remain.

Whatever...cut the media out...we have such a huge fan base, it won't matter....:x
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I'd rather win another couple of games than find out about our 7th round draft picks turf toe. If closed practices get that done, then so be it.

We can make it all up anyway.

Bernard does.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    Well as a fan that is far away, I get very little news about the Rams. No tv coverage, no radio, just a few articles... and if this means less articles from the media, than it means less news to me. I need to hear about the team to be interested in them, but hey lots of fan watch because they like the horns and the horns shall remain.

Whatever...cut the media out...we have such a huge fan base, it won't matter....:x
    But Utter, I don't think this rule will reduce the overall coverage of the team. It may force the St. Louis media to work a little harder for the story, but there is no reason that missing out on the last portion of practice should stop them from getting out team coverage to the fans.

I'm sure there will be more stories from guys like BM saying the "fans will suffer" from this policy, but if the media does their job, the coverage shouldn't suffer at all.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

You know, we've had a lot of threads about "how did you become a Rams fan," and I've never seen anyone reply - "because of the articles by a St. Louis columnist."

Truthfully - how many columns have you read that really provided you information or analysis that you couldn't have come up with yourself?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12