Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Rams Seek Extension For Sellout

Rams seek extension for sellout

BY BILL COATS
    Thursday, October 28, 2010

The St. Louis Rams have asked for a 24-hour extension of the deadline to meet NFL requirements for avoiding a local television blackout for Sunday's game vs. Carolina.

That means that approximately 800 tickets, out of the remaining 5,000, must be sold by noon Friday so that the game can be aired on KTVI (channel 2).

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Seek Extension For Sellout

In a season in which we've been better than expected (including 3-1 at home), it is ridiculous that this game wouldn't be sold out against a winnable opponent. The fact that Isaac Bruce is having his jersey retired makes it an even bigger disgrace.

I'm sorry, but the fans have to do a better job than this.

ljcrayton is offline Registered User

i totally agree. I mean seriously, for the first time since 2008 we are picked as a favorite, we have a good record, Steven Jackson returns home after becoming our all time leading rusher, Isaac Bruce gets his jersey retired, and this is the last game before our bye....

man, this makes me sad i'm not in st louis

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

In another thread, I said not selling this game out would be "embarrassing", but I think NJ's "disgrace" is a much more appropriate way of putting it. That said, I'd be surprised if the team doesn't find a way to "sell" the remaining tickets.
    Last edited by r8rh8rmike; -10-28-2010 at 09:41 PM.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Lets hope Anheuser-Busch buys out the remaining tickets towards the near end of the deadline but even then, I'd still consider the fans of St. Louis a disgrace. As a Rams fan in Cali, I really wish I can afford a round trip flight to St. Louis but all I really have is enough for front row seats to the Edward Jones Dome. Sucks being a jobless 18 year old diehard Rams fan but once I can financially support myself, you can bet my butt I'll be going on these trips.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

Thanks, I'll try not to take that too personally.

You know, some of us (like you for example) don't have money to spend on this sort of thing. Actually, around here, quite a few people don't.

Quote Originally Posted by fliptalianstallion View Post
    Lets hope Anheuser-Busch buys out the remaining tickets towards the near end of the deadline but even then, I'd still consider the fans of St. Louis a disgrace. As a Rams fan in Cali, I really wish I can afford a round trip flight to St. Louis but all I really have is enough for front row seats to the Edward Jones Dome. Sucks being a jobless 18 year old diehard Rams fan but once I can financially support myself, you can bet my butt I'll be going on these trips.

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by BrokenWing View Post
    Thanks, I'll try not to take that too personally.

You know, some of us (like you for example) don't have money to spend on this sort of thing. Actually, around here, quite a few people don't.
    Yeah pardon me for sounding a little rough on St. Louisians, it's just frustrating not to be a part of an opportunity like this but lets hope to meet the requirements enough to have the EJ Dome rockin' it out loud like the Superdome on Sunday.

BrokenWing is offline Registered User

It's cool.

I'm a little frustrated too, I'd love to be there, but unfortunately things just aren't working that way these days. It also frustrates me that it doesn't seem like there has been an influx of any new fans in the stands, but it's probably related to the economy (I hope).

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

I will be attending a game later in the season(still undecided) .... coming from far away!

swatter555 is offline Registered User

From the perspective of a Saint Louisan, the Rams have been bad for a long time. For casual fans the team just falls off the radar. If the Rams put together a few quality seasons, the fans will come back. Its definately a bandwagon thing around here, at least for football. And I can't blame casual fans really, the Rams were very unpleasant to watch for a few straight years.

From my personal perspective, if I have one or two decision per month to make about extra spending money, I choose carefully. I don't think the Rams front office is going all-out to make the team competitive in the short term, so that does affect my decision where to spend to little extra money I have. I know that is nit-picky, but I have to voice my displeasure with the meekness of the front office in FA and trade market in some way. As long as the "next year" mentality exists in the front office, I will not be going to any Rams games. Feel free to open fire.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post
    From the perspective of a Saint Louisan, the Rams have been bad for a long time. For casual fans the team just falls off the radar. If the Rams put together a few quality seasons, the fans will come back. Its definately a bandwagon thing around here, at least for football. And I can't blame casual fans really, the Rams were very unpleasant to watch for a few straight years.

From my personal perspective, if I have one or two decision per month to make about extra spending money, I choose carefully. I don't think the Rams front office is going all-out to make the team competitive in the short term, so that does affect my decision where to spend to little extra money I have. I know that is nit-picky, but I have to voice my displeasure with the meekness of the front office in FA and trade market in some way. As long as the "next year" mentality exists in the front office, I will not be going to any Rams games. Feel free to open fire.
    I, for one, am glad that the front office is not "going all-out to make the team competitive in the short term". You confuse "meekness" with a proper plan ...

A short-term winner, this can be done easily. Hire a bunch of older, overpriced free agents and make a one or two year run, and then when it's over, you'll rinse, wash, and repeat ...

What do you have? A bunch of 8-8, 9-7, and 10-6 seasons with early round playoff exits ...

I want the front office to build a championship team. I want them to build a long term winner. This requires you purging the roster of crap, building through calculated young free agent acquisitions, developing young talent, then adding a few veterans to compete. We are already seeing dividends here this year with that strategy ...

I do know live in St. Louis, and I do not live in L.A. I have followed the Rams since 1988, and I rout for the uniform. Living in Alabama, it was a dream come true when they move to the midwest because it's only a 6 hour drive for me to come to games now. I am a PSL holder, have been for three years, and when I get to come up once or twice a year, it is always a great experience, regardless of how poor the team is performing, and regardless if we win or lose ...

All I heard was when the Rams start winning games, the fans will show up ...

All I heard was attendance is down all across the league, which is is slighty, but it's down dramatically in St. Louis, by 5% despite the wins ...

They say, well, the Chargers, etc, etc. are having blackouts, at least the Rams are able to "sell-out" ...

28 of the teams in the NFL are putting at least 90% of the fans in the seat each week, including the Buffalo Bills and Cleveland Browns, true bottom feeders. 1-5 Carolina is at 98.8%. This is ACTUAL attendance, not tickets sold ...

The 3 bottom feeders, one is St. Louis at 79.9%, down from 84.6% in 2009 ...

This weekend we are retiring the jersey of the great Isaac Bruce, a St. Louis legend. As of yesterday, there will still 5000 tickets AVAILABLE! Attendance for this game is looking to be a season low ...

If this city will not come out and support the great Isaac Bruce, then it does not deserve a football team, period. It's pathetic and a disgrace ...

With Prop A coming to light, it looks more and more like the deck will be stacked against St. Louis keeping this team. I hate it, but I know the residents of St. Louis will not stand up for it. They got their Super Bowl, they had their glory, and now the Rams are just a doormat ...

I cannot wait to hear the crying when they are gone ....

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by swatter555 View Post

Well, that's certainly your right as a follower of the team, but I take issue with anyone who figures the front office is somehow negligent because they're not running right out there and getting Vincent Jackson or any other high priced free agent just so we can be good for the short term. This topic has been covered considerably over the past few months on various threads. Management is trying to build for extended success rather than for one season. With much money already committed to guys like Bradford, Long, Smith, Jackson and additional money needed to retain guys like Laurinaitis, we must be fiscally smart- not run right out there and scarf up the next "name" guy that becomes available. That's not the plan. Devaney has done a good job- rebuilding the o-line and getting guys like Clayton and Amendola.

I respect those who are up against it financially. I am a teacher- hardly filthy rich, but I try to manage money and work an 8 week job in the summer. I found a way to fly to Tampa and see a game this year. Someone who says they're a big fan who lives 30-45 minutes from the stadium should find a way to get there this Sunday to support the Rams vs. a winnable team and honor a guy (Bruce) who gave us 12 seasons of great productivity and memories.

My humble opinion.

RamsInfiniti is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post
    Well, that's certainly your right as a follower of the team, but I take issue with anyone who figures the front office is somehow negligent because they're not running right out there and getting Vincent Jackson or any other high priced free agent just so we can be good for the short term. This topic has been covered considerably over the past few months on various threads. Management is trying to build for extended success rather than for one season. With much money already committed to guys like Bradford, Long, Smith, Jackson and additional money needed to retain guys like Laurinaitis, we must be fiscally smart- not run right out there and scarf up the next "name" guy that becomes available. That's not the plan. Devaney has done a good job- rebuilding the o-line and getting guys like Clayton and Amendola.

I respect those who are up against it financially. I am a teacher- hardly filthy rich, but I try to manage money and work an 8 week job in the summer. I found a way to fly to Tampa and see a game this year. Someone who says they're a big fan who lives 30-45 minutes from the stadium should find a way to get there this Sunday to support the Rams vs. a winnable team and honor a guy (Bruce) who gave us 12 seasons of great productivity and memories.

My humble opinion.
    Ding, ding, ding, ding, and ding ...

Nick_Weasel is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by NJ Ramsfan1 View Post

My humble opinion.
    I agree in general that the Rams are building a team the right way, but by the same token it's hard to expect a lot of fans to come out to a game because the Rams might be a good team in a couple years. You can't have your cake and eat it too - if you ask the fans to wait a few years to see a good team, then you have to expect them to make you wait a few years to see their money.

QUINNtessentialTruth is offline Registered User

How did this go from an agruement about selling out to building a winning team. But, I digress. I wish I was still in Missouri, because I would be going to every game If I was. It is a disgrace that we cannot sell out the game where we are retiring the Reverend's jersey. Btw I don't care if the Rams move. I agree I lived in missouri, that is why I became a fan of the rams. But I am a rams fan before St. Louis. Even if they move I will always go back to the GSOT years. On a sidenote I wish this game was in Charlotte, I would be the loudest person at the Bank of America stadium rocking my Steven Jackson jersey

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast