Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    bruce4life is offline Registered User

Re: Rams should be 4-0 -- Failure if not 4-4 at Bye

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    Oh good, richtree is back to being his negative self. Maybe we can get Peoria in here to tell us how horrible the Rams are at everything they do.
    we are fans homie we can merely present our points of view in any manner or perspective we feel is right. All richtree is saying is that he feels like we should be in a better spot than 2-2. As a die hard rams fan who watches the Rams religiously how can you not say you wish the rams were 3-1 or 4-0? We all watched the first 4 games and no one on this message board could deny we botched up the first 2 games by a play or two here and there..

Its great that the Rams are 2-2 and I love the direction this team is headed!!!!

01d 0rd3r is offline Registered User

6-10 year is still good for me.

39thebeast is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Dominating D View Post
    Here is my 2 cents

The Rams have to play almost perfect to win. The fact they're playing almost perfect and winning is a positive not a negative. But to expect perfection every game is not realistic.

What should give us Rams fan hope is that the system is in place and when the Rams add talent to this team in the next couple of years the team can be one of the elite teams in the NFL.

Go Rams
    Have to disagree here the rams went 1 for 5 in the redzone far from perfect IMO. I see a good amount of talent on this team and we aren't even that healthy. We are missing 2 key cogs in the middle of our run defense and one of our best defensive players and arguably our best defensive back in OJ. S-Jax isn't 100% percent we are missing our top 2 TEs. IMO this particular group of players is no where near their peak and isn't playing perfectly either especially on offense. I'm not ripping on our guys I'm just saying even though they are playing well now I don't think they have reached there peak.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by bruce4life View Post
    we are fans homie we can merely present our points of view in any manner or perspective we feel is right. All richtree is saying is that he feels like we should be in a better spot than 2-2. As a die hard rams fan who watches the Rams religiously how can you not say you wish the rams were 3-1 or 4-0? We all watched the first 4 games and no one on this message board could deny we botched up the first 2 games by a play or two here and there..

Its great that the Rams are 2-2 and I love the direction this team is headed!!!!

Just like with the OPs prediction that it was impossible Tony Pike would fall to the 3rd round in the draft. That assessment and guarantee wasn't wrong because everyone else was wrong. Now if the Rams aren't 4-4, again blame will be assessed. People within the Rams organization must feel the wrath of the OPs analysis because he has set a bar that if they don't reach, they are failures. Who is a failure if the Rams don't reach 4-4?

RebelYell is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Have to disagree here the rams went 1 for 5 in the redzone far from perfect IMO. I see a good amount of talent on this team and we aren't even that healthy. We are missing 2 key cogs in the middle of our run defense and one of our best defensive players and arguably our best defensive back in OJ. S-Jax isn't 100% percent we are missing our top 2 TEs. IMO this particular group of players is no where near their peak and isn't playing perfectly either especially on offense. I'm not ripping on our guys I'm just saying even though they are playing well now I don't think they have reached there peak.
    OJ missed the game? Odd since I saw him running out the tunnel.

Missing our two top TEs? Illini Mike is now one of our top TEs even though he's played less than one NFL game?

Who exactly are they missing as a key cog in our run defense? Scott is a backup and Ryan was losing ground to Gibson. Robbins and JLau are the cogs in our run defense.

Dominating D is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by 39thebeast View Post
    Perfect does not mean they score a TD in everydown. If that was the case then great teams in the NFL would be scoring 70 points on a regular basis.

Perfect means long drives and not turning the ball over and field positions.

macrammer is offline Registered User

As a life long Ram Fan since 1970, I am just sooooo happy NOT to be labeled the worst team in football!!! For this year my hope was for the team to be competitive and show marked improvement across the board. I have no high aspirations this year for anything but showing a very strong foundation. Great job thus far. We seem headed very much in the right direction and are on the cusp of really becoming an NFL Elite force once again !!

Flippin' Ram is offline Registered User

Yea we should be 4-0 but 2-2 will do, if we can miraculously go 14-2 this season, then I'll run naked and do backflips and cartwheels throughout my neighborhood while having my friend record it and posted on YouTube.

FilthyMcNasty is offline Registered User

No team is 4-0, yet we have people kicking the Rams, coming off 1-15, for not being.

Get a grip.

OUSooners81 is offline Registered User

I bet we could win the nfc west this year. Cardinals... they need to all get on the same page. Seamonkeys cant win on the road. And well the 9ners well the record speaks for its self

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by FilthyMcNasty View Post
    No team is 4-0, yet we have people kicking the Rams, coming off 1-15, for not being.

Get a grip.
    Filthy, if we were 4-0, there would be some not happy because we weren't 5-0 by now.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by OUSooners81 View Post
    I bet we could win the nfc west this year. Cardinals... they need to all get on the same page. Seamonkeys cant win on the road. And well the 9ners well the record speaks for its self

Yeah, wouldn't it p*ss everyone off a ton if we miss winning the NFC West by 1 game because one of our losses in the first 2 weeks of the season.

It's nice we have the bye before going to SF. Maybe we can plan something against that stout defense.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Yeah, wouldn't it p*ss everyone off a ton if we miss winning the NFC West by 1 game because one of our losses in the first 2 weeks of the season.
    Yea, if we go 14-2 and miss the playoffs, I'll be rather irked about those first two games.

Otherwise, missing the playoffs means this team has lost more games along the way. Plenty of losses to choose from if this team does not make the playoffs. All of them equally responsible for a quick exit.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

richtree is offline Registered User

BTW, don't write off Tony Pike's NFL career just yet. He needs a year or 2 of strength work and seasoning. He may re-appear as a starter with all of these sub par QB's starting right now. There is a rumor the Bengals have interest since Carson Palmer's arm has died.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12