throwback week

Arrow Rams Sign G Nütten to One Year Deal

Rams Sign G Nütten to One Year Deal
    Tuesday, July 26, 2005

ST. LOUIS – G Tom Nütten has signed a one-year contract with the St. Louis Rams, the team announced today.

Nütten will be entering his eighth NFL season and sixth with the Rams in 2005. The Western Michigan product played in eight games for the Rams last year, starting six at left guard after sitting out the 2003 season.

Nütten played for the Rams from 1998-2002 before signing a free agent contract with the New York Jets in 2003 and retiring prior to the start of the regular season. The Rams signed him last year on August 20.

For his career, Nütten has played in 69 games, starting 63 in the regular season, and has started all nine postseason contests he has appeared in.

:clanram:

general counsel is online now Registered User

Re: Rams Sign G Nütten to One Year Deal

Fantastic news! One of my all time favorite rams is back. Just when you think this guy will never walk again, he is back on the squad.

Ramming speed to all

general counsel

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The biggest heart on the roster. When he's healthy, there's nobody tougher. Assuming he's all good from the physical standpoint, I love this signing. Hopefully, Terrell, Barron and Incognito pay very close attention to the way TN carries out his duties during camp. They can learn a lot.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

OldRams fan Guest

GREAT NEWS:
    He is a complete pro in every way , the heart in which he plays , And HUBison
    you are right all the way about being tough he is that 100%... What a great person to show the younters how to pro football. GREAT NEWS !!!!!!!!! :clanram:

RealRam is online now Registered User

Talk about setting the bar up high. :football:

Nütten can play the Rams OL schemes even in his sleep. And his endurance ... I hope he is well and strong for one more season, perhaps on a rotation system.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

How can anyone not like Tom Nutten, especially after what he did for us last season. Nutten gave everything he had last year. One of the greatest Rams, no doubt.

Could this be a because of Adam Timmerman's progress? That would have me a little worried. Although an O-Line of Pace, Tucker, McCollum, Nutten, Saipaia sounds ok to me, I'd worry about injuries to Tucker and the aging Nutten.

Maybe it's Martz's master plan to move Tucker to RT so we can look at a line of Pace, Nutten, McCollum, Timmerman, Tucker. Hmmmm, that looks fimiliar...

1st & Goal Guest

Kind of player who takes one for the team. My concern is for the younger guys we have been talking about. Not the kind of signing you make and then cut after training camp is over. I have had some high hopes for the OL after the draft. We have some very promising young players but a limited number of positions. This almost makes me think Incognito goes on IR.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Nice signing; good protection for the O-line. Now if we can get a vet backup DE all we have left is FS to worry about.

Nutten is as tough as they come. "RAM TOUGH" :clanram:
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Not only tough, but funny, and a great locker room presence. Wonder how his health REALLY is?

Guess it's better to have two injury prone left guards than one. Let's hope we don't need him.
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

.ramfan. is offline Registered User

Just found out an hour ago. Good to here Nutten's back!

GO RAMS!!! :clanram:

VegasRam is offline Ram MVP

Quote Originally Posted by RamDez
    Rams Sign G Nütten to One Year Deal
    Tuesday, July 26, 2005

ST. LOUIS – G Tom Nütten has signed a one-year contract with the St. Louis Rams, the team announced today.

Nütten will be entering his eighth NFL season and sixth with the Rams in 2005. The Western Michigan product played in eight games for the Rams last year, starting six at left guard after sitting out the 2003 season.

Nütten played for the Rams from 1998-2002 before signing a free agent contract with the New York Jets in 2003 and retiring prior to the start of the regular season. The Rams signed him last year on August 20.

For his career, Nütten has played in 69 games, starting 63 in the regular season, and has started all nine postseason contests he has appeared in.

:clanram:
    Nice touch with the umlaut, Dez.

You knew, of course, he's half German, and in fact (I believe) was teaching football to German highschoolers when he came back. (Or was that the NFLEL?)
    "the Heart Lies and the Head Plays Tricks with us, but the Eyes See True".

RamsFanSam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Vegas, I know he had something to do with NFLE. But, I don't care....I'm just glad he's back. He's one tough SOB, and can be one heck of an inspiration to the young guys.

This is great news!

jkramsfan Guest

Great News, Nutten Is An All Time Favorite Of Mine.

majorram is offline Registered User

Talk about a Warrior RAM.... great to have this guy back, just GREATTTT

steve