throwback week

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Fortuninerhater
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams

Thread: Rams sign and IR moves

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Rams sign and IR moves

Rams have officially signed WR Nick Miller and CB Brian Jackson. They have also put Fletcher and Amendola on IR.

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams sign and IR moves

The Rams added a wide receiver and cornerback to the roster Monday after placing wide receiver Danny Amendola and cornerback Bradley Fletcher on injured reserve.
    Signed to take their roster spots were wide receiver Nick Miller and cornerback Brian Jackson.
    Miller, 5-9, 180, attended Southern Utah, and was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Raiders in 2009. In 2010, he was on Oakland's 53-man roster for all 16 games. He played in nine games, was active but did not play in three and was inactive for four games. Miller caught three passes for 40 yards and returned 35 punts for a 7.3-yard average with a long of 46.
    He began the season with the Raiders, but was waived on Oct. 1. In two games, he returned two punts for 19 yards and four kickoffs for 61 yards.
    Jackson, 6-0, 212, was a teammate of quarterback Sam Bradford at Oklahoma. He signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent in 2010, but was waived Sept. 7 and signed to the Giants' practice squad. He was signed to the active roster on Sept. 28 and played 12 games.
    This year, he suffered a hip injury in training camp and was waived/injured Sept. 3. Jackson was waived from reserve/injured with an injury settlement on Sept. 12.

rayzorram is offline Registered User

Back in March of 2010 Spags went to Norman for Oklahoma's pro day to watch Brian Jackson alone with scouts Ted Thompson from the Packers, the GM from the Lions and the forty*******'s. It was believed that he would be drafted to the NFL as a safety but not until the 5th or 6th rd. His rating was 40 out of 166 CB's.Here's to hoping that He will do as well as he did for the Sooners where he was All Big 12 Conferance second team as voted by the Big 12 coaches.

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Honestly, I think the Rams ought to scrap the idea of trying to find Wes Welker and start looking for Calvin Johnson.

I mean really......how many 5, 6, 7, or practice sqaud talented receivers can one roster hold?
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -10-11-2011 at 12:35 AM.
    Ramone likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    The Rams added a wide receiver and cornerback to the roster Monday after placing wide receiver Danny Amendola and cornerback Bradley Fletcher on injured reserve.
    Signed to take their roster spots were wide receiver Nick Miller and cornerback Brian Jackson.
    Miller, 5-9, 180, attended Southern Utah, and was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Raiders in 2009. In 2010, he was on Oakland's 53-man roster for all 16 games. He played in nine games, was active but did not play in three and was inactive for four games. Miller caught three passes for 40 yards and returned 35 punts for a 7.3-yard average with a long of 46.
    He began the season with the Raiders, but was waived on Oct. 1. In two games, he returned two punts for 19 yards and four kickoffs for 61 yards.
    Jackson, 6-0, 212, was a teammate of quarterback Sam Bradford at Oklahoma. He signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent in 2010, but was waived Sept. 7 and signed to the Giants' practice squad. He was signed to the active roster on Sept. 28 and played 12 games.
    This year, he suffered a hip injury in training camp and was waived/injured Sept. 3. Jackson was waived from reserve/injured with an injury settlement on Sept. 12.
    Off topic, but I see you changed your picture to Biggie huh? Did my Tupac picture have a little influence on you?
    ZiaRam likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Honestly, I think the Rams ought to scrap the idea of trying to find Wes Welker and start looking for Calvin Johnson.
    Usually the only reason there is a "Wes Welker" is because of a "Calvin Johnson". I simply agree.

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post

I mean really......how many 5, 6, 7, or practice sqaud talented receivers can one roster hold?
    I can't imagine any team in the league passing on a CJ for a Welker. It's just that the CJ and Welker trees have already been picked clean of their fruit and at this point, finding a less rotten anything lying on the ground is a win.
    Semper Fi!

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Off topic, but I see you changed your picture to Biggie huh? Did my Tupac picture have a little influence on you?
    LOL Hellz ya it did Sosa! I seen your Tupac and was like heck might as well put his counterpart up to! lol Respect da illest!