throwback week



Results 1 to 8 of 8
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Fortuninerhater
  • 1 Post By sosa39rams

Thread: Rams sign and IR moves

  1. #1
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,564
    Rep Power
    45

    Rams sign and IR moves

    Rams have officially signed WR Nick Miller and CB Brian Jackson. They have also put Fletcher and Amendola on IR.


  2. #2
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Rams sign and IR moves

    The Rams added a wide receiver and cornerback to the roster Monday after placing wide receiver Danny Amendola and cornerback Bradley Fletcher on injured reserve.
    Signed to take their roster spots were wide receiver Nick Miller and cornerback Brian Jackson.
    Miller, 5-9, 180, attended Southern Utah, and was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Raiders in 2009. In 2010, he was on Oakland's 53-man roster for all 16 games. He played in nine games, was active but did not play in three and was inactive for four games. Miller caught three passes for 40 yards and returned 35 punts for a 7.3-yard average with a long of 46.
    He began the season with the Raiders, but was waived on Oct. 1. In two games, he returned two punts for 19 yards and four kickoffs for 61 yards.
    Jackson, 6-0, 212, was a teammate of quarterback Sam Bradford at Oklahoma. He signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent in 2010, but was waived Sept. 7 and signed to the Giants' practice squad. He was signed to the active roster on Sept. 28 and played 12 games.
    This year, he suffered a hip injury in training camp and was waived/injured Sept. 3. Jackson was waived from reserve/injured with an injury settlement on Sept. 12.

  3. #3
    rayzorram's Avatar
    rayzorram is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Redlands,California
    Posts
    137
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Rams sign and IR moves

    Back in March of 2010 Spags went to Norman for Oklahoma's pro day to watch Brian Jackson alone with scouts Ted Thompson from the Packers, the GM from the Lions and the forty*******'s. It was believed that he would be drafted to the NFL as a safety but not until the 5th or 6th rd. His rating was 40 out of 166 CB's.Here's to hoping that He will do as well as he did for the Sooners where he was All Big 12 Conferance second team as voted by the Big 12 coaches.

  4. #4
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,709
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Rams sign and IR moves

    Honestly, I think the Rams ought to scrap the idea of trying to find Wes Welker and start looking for Calvin Johnson.

    I mean really......how many 5, 6, 7, or practice sqaud talented receivers can one roster hold?
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -10-11-2011 at 12:35 AM.
    Ramone likes this.

  5. #5
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,564
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Rams sign and IR moves

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    The Rams added a wide receiver and cornerback to the roster Monday after placing wide receiver Danny Amendola and cornerback Bradley Fletcher on injured reserve.
    Signed to take their roster spots were wide receiver Nick Miller and cornerback Brian Jackson.
    Miller, 5-9, 180, attended Southern Utah, and was signed as an undrafted free agent by the Raiders in 2009. In 2010, he was on Oakland's 53-man roster for all 16 games. He played in nine games, was active but did not play in three and was inactive for four games. Miller caught three passes for 40 yards and returned 35 punts for a 7.3-yard average with a long of 46.
    He began the season with the Raiders, but was waived on Oct. 1. In two games, he returned two punts for 19 yards and four kickoffs for 61 yards.
    Jackson, 6-0, 212, was a teammate of quarterback Sam Bradford at Oklahoma. He signed with the Jets as an undrafted free agent in 2010, but was waived Sept. 7 and signed to the Giants' practice squad. He was signed to the active roster on Sept. 28 and played 12 games.
    This year, he suffered a hip injury in training camp and was waived/injured Sept. 3. Jackson was waived from reserve/injured with an injury settlement on Sept. 12.
    Off topic, but I see you changed your picture to Biggie huh? Did my Tupac picture have a little influence on you?
    ZiaRam likes this.

  6. #6
    sosa39rams's Avatar
    sosa39rams is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Hamilton, On
    Posts
    5,564
    Rep Power
    45

    Re: Rams sign and IR moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Honestly, I think the Rams ought to scrap the idea of trying to find Wes Welker and start looking for Calvin Johnson.
    Usually the only reason there is a "Wes Welker" is because of a "Calvin Johnson". I simply agree.

  7. #7
    Richbert88's Avatar
    Richbert88 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Northern California
    Age
    48
    Posts
    1,255
    Rep Power
    35

    Re: Rams sign and IR moves

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    Honestly, I think the Rams ought to scrap the idea of trying to find Wes Welker and start looking for Calvin Johnson.

    I mean really......how many 5, 6, 7, or practice sqaud talented receivers can one roster hold?
    I can't imagine any team in the league passing on a CJ for a Welker. It's just that the CJ and Welker trees have already been picked clean of their fruit and at this point, finding a less rotten anything lying on the ground is a win.
    Semper Fi!

  8. #8
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Rams sign and IR moves

    Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    Off topic, but I see you changed your picture to Biggie huh? Did my Tupac picture have a little influence on you?
    LOL Hellz ya it did Sosa! I seen your Tupac and was like heck might as well put his counterpart up to! lol Respect da illest!

Similar Threads

  1. Rams makin moves lol!!!
    By TRUERAMFAN in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: -03-23-2010, 10:53 PM
  2. How Will Rams Moves and Non Moves Pan Out?
    By MauiRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -09-04-2007, 05:37 PM
  3. Rams making moves??
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: -10-12-2006, 11:59 AM
  4. Free Agent Moves - Possible Rams?
    By ZigZagRam in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -02-16-2005, 04:52 PM
  5. Rams make some more moves
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -07-22-2004, 03:50 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •