Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Rams sign Jerious Norwood to one year deal

xkidflowx is offline Registered User

Re: Rams to sign Falcons RB Jerious Norwood?

i hope we get him... since he's hurt , im glad he's just a third down back... he is what we need on our roster, someone who can change the game with his speed on the field.

bruce4life is offline Registered User

Could you see Norwood and Brown in?

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Azul e Oro View Post
    Meh.....reminds me more of the sort of player The Rams used to pick up a few years ago; talent that will rarely be seen on the field.if I were Bell or Butler I'd be upset that I was asked to take a paycut & this is how they used the money.
    I think those pay cuts were more directly related to the signing of H.Dahl and Q.Mikell.

Here's some more information, including the name of a new prospect to join the Rams RB corps:

Norwood visits, Cadillac Williiams in play

Atlanta running back Jerious Norwood is in the midst of a visit to Rams Park. But as of noon Tuesday, he had yet to agree to terms. Norwood actually took a physicalon Monday, and has worked out for the Rams as well. He was still in building Tuesday morning, so it's possible the Rams and Norwood's agent are trying to work out contract terms.
    Norwood, who turned 28 last Friday, is a speedster who has been plagued by injuries during his NFL career. He gained more than 600 yards rushing in each of his first two NFL seasons (2006 and '07), but has played in only 12 games total over the past two seasons.
    Norwood, 5-11, 209, also can return kicks and has a 25.5-yard career average on kickoffs _ an average that would put him among the league leaders most seasons. He played in only two games in 2010 before suffering a season-ending knee injury.
    One of the last items on the Rams' free agent checklist is finding a backup running back for Pro Bowler Steven Jackson. Another name that has surfaced as a legitimate candidate is Tampa Bay free agent Cadillac Williams.
    Williams, 29, hasn't topped 1,000 yards rushing since his rookie season in 2005. He lost his feature back role last season in Tampa to LeGarrette Blount, but remained effective, gaining 437 yards rushing and 355 yards receiving.
    ***The Rams remain interested in former Green Bay linebacker Brady Poppinga, who visited Rams Park on Sunday.
    ***DT Dan Muir, the former Indianapolis Colt who agreed to terms with St. Louis on Sunday, was on the sidelines in shorts and T-shirt _ like the rest of the newly-signed Rams veterans _ during Tuesday morning's walk-through.
    ***Former Rams fullback Mike Karney is paying a free-agent visit to Seattle.
    ***Tuesday's walk-through lasted 1 hour 5 minutes, and was held indoors at Rams Park. The team will hold a padded practice outdoors at 5 p.m. today. Admission is free and open to the public.

Interesting stat on Cadillac:

In the second half of last season, when he was LaGarrette Blount's backup, he had 33 carries for 212 yards (6.4 ypc).

Holt Your Horses is offline Registered User

Rams sign Norwood rather than a higher priced back to save money for Osi trade?
    Defence Wins Championships

Quote Originally Posted by Holt Your Horses View Post
    Rams sign Norwood rather than a higher priced back to save money for Osi trade?
    No. Why would the Rams be interested in Osi when they have Long, Hall and Quinn?

No. Why would the Rams be interested in Osi when they have Long, Hall and Quinn?
    maybe they send one of those guys back the other way, obviously doubtful but not a ridiculous idea.

For example Hall + 3rd rounder for Osi..

Works fairly well for both teams, no?

sosa39rams is offline Registered User

maybe they send one of those guys back the other way, obviously doubtful but not a ridiculous idea.

No, actually it doesn't. That is a waste of money and a rip off. Were breeding Quinn into being the starter across from Long, whats the need for Osi? The fact that he wants a huge contract? Or the fact that he has injury concerns. Maybe even the fact that hes 29 and there is no need for him here... o wait.

But where would that leave Quinn? 14th pick to get a situational/backup player?

Quote Originally Posted by sosa39rams View Post
    No, actually it doesn't. That is a waste of money and a rip off. Were breeding Quinn into being the starter across from Long, whats the need for Osi? The fact that he wants a huge contract? Or the fact that he has injury concerns. Maybe even the fact that hes 29 and there is no need for him here... o wait.
    Well, Quinn isn't ready to contribute yet.. and is in no way a proven player although he undoubtedly has plenty of upside. That being said being 29 isn't that old, James Hall just came off a heck of a season at 33. Spags understands the need for multiple pass rushers and Osi is the type of guy that doesnt come around all that often. I personally don't think this will happen, i'm just spit balling, especially because reports have indicated Ram interest. Fact is having Osi, Long and Quinn is a great problem to have if you can make it happen for the right price..

Biggest issue is obviously the Osi contract, its a big dollar investment.. maybe spags thinks he's worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    But where would that leave Quinn? 14th pick to get a situational/backup player?
    I agree, but i really don't think Spags thinks as Dlineman as one player per position, he stacks talent and rotates to fit the scenario.. But will they be willing invest the money for Osi is the question.. i'm thinking no

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

There's another thread devoted to the Rams' supposed interest in Osi Umenyiora. Let's try to keep this one on the topic of Jerious Norwood, thanks!

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Hmmm...Norwood is 5'11" and 209? That's a lot bigger than I figured for a guy who has been labeled a "speedster" type of RB.

Really, he is still young enough that maybe he can overcome his recent injury problems that have plagued him.

He certainly has the size to be more than just a "scatback" type...

Time will tell. In DeSpags we trust!!

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    I think those pay cuts were more directly related to the signing of H.Dahl and Q.Mikell.
    May well be true but other than the timing of the announcements, how can we know? It doesn't change my opinion that JN's injury history makes him a poor value at anything much above vet minimum. I think the new STs/kick-off rules will diminish the value of a homerun returner who's not durable enough to be the guy to get you solid field position all season,anyway. If the best we can hope for is a compromise combo, I'd rather the money go into a quality primary back-up. Cadillac is a good thought & I'm sure there have to be others out there or soon will be.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast