Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 33
  1. #1
    RamWraith's Avatar
    RamWraith is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2001
    Location
    Minnesota
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,230
    Rep Power
    61

    Rams sign Kennison

    10 years later, Kennison returns to Rams
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    09/09/2008

    A decade after his last game for the Rams, wide receiver Eddie Kennison is returning to St. Louis.

    Kennison, a first-round pick by the Rams in 1996, signed a one-year deal with the club on Tuesday afternoon following a physical with team doctors and a workout with the coaches.

    To make room for Kennison on the roster, the Rams have released rookie linebacker David Vobora, aka Mr. Irrelevant (last pick in the 2008 NFL Draft).

    With Drew Bennett out for at least a month with a fractured foot, the Rams needed help in their receiving corps.

    Kennison, 35, was said to be in excellent shape and could play Sunday against the New York Giants.


  2. #2
    rNemesis's Avatar
    rNemesis is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Nassau
    Age
    29
    Posts
    751
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    Quote Originally Posted by RamWraith View Post
    10 years later, Kennison returns to Rams
    By Jim Thomas
    ST. LOUIS POST-DISPATCH
    09/09/2008

    A decade after his last game for the Rams, wide receiver Eddie Kennison is returning to St. Louis.

    Kennison, a first-round pick by the Rams in 1996, signed a one-year deal with the club on Tuesday afternoon following a physical with team doctors and a workout with the coaches.

    To make room for Kennison on the roster, the Rams have released rookie linebacker David Vobora, aka Mr. Irrelevant (last pick in the 2008 NFL Draft).

    With Drew Bennett out for at least a month with a fractured foot, the Rams needed help in their receiving corps.

    Kennison, 35, was said to be in excellent shape and could play Sunday against the New York Giants.

    I think that is some great news, I guess, depending on what kind of shape he is in. Definitely a good FA acquisition considering our situation, but it wont matter if we dont protect Bulger on Sunday.

  3. #3
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,578
    Rep Power
    81

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    This moves reeks of sheer and utter desperation, which is a good description of where we are. Obviously, we either think avery is hurt worse than we let on or not ready to contribute much yet. Also not a ringing endorsement of looker. Desperate move by a desperate coach who doesnt want to play the rookies in key situations.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  4. #4
    makersncoke's Avatar
    makersncoke is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    mo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    Now if we can get Warner, Akhim, Bruce, Conwell,Faulk and the rest of the offense and defense back we'll really have something.

  5. #5
    RAMarkable is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    Arkansas
    Age
    59
    Posts
    2,089
    Rep Power
    41

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    I'm sorry but every time I even hear Eddie Kennison's name I can't help but remember that when we selected him we passed on MARVIN HARRISON in the draft that year. Yeah, I know its not Kennison's fault but bad memories are just that, bad memories. Man have we suffered enough yet for all of these draft gaffes?

    WHAT SAY YE?

  6. #6
    eric2810's Avatar
    eric2810 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    517
    Rep Power
    12

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    Chris Long's buddy David Vobora is out. I would of liked him to stay and make an impact on special teams. He had a good work ethic, and great character.-->( NFL Network Interview). As for Kenninson, did Linehan see anything in Avery and Burton as we did during Pre-Season? Give the youngbloods a chance. This looks a bit desperate on the head coach's part.

  7. #7
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER's Avatar
    RAMFANRAIDERHATER is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Surf City USA
    Age
    61
    Posts
    2,306
    Rep Power
    57

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    Quote Originally Posted by makersncoke View Post
    Now if we can get Warner, Akhim, Bruce, Conwell,Faulk and the rest of the offense and defense back we'll really have something.
    Great post. When I saw the news about getting 35-year old Kennison, my only thought was:


    WTF? You can't tell me a 35-year old out-of-the-league reciever is the best option available? I guess he can't do any worse than Bennett did.
    Faithful Rams fan since 1968

  8. #8
    RealRam's Avatar
    RealRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2001
    Location
    Mexico
    Posts
    8,311
    Rep Power
    68

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    Quote Originally Posted by General Counsel View Post
    This moves reeks of sheer and utter desperation, which is a good description of where we are. Obviously, we either think Avery is hurt worse than we let on or not ready to contribute much yet. Also not a ringing endorsement of Looker. Desperate move by a desperate coach who doesn't want to play the rookies in key situations.

    Ramming speed to all

    General Counsel

    Agreed GC. Definitely a desperate measure. But I trust Looker will step up -- he may not save the season but will certainly be of much help.

  9. #9
    eldfan's Avatar
    eldfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Greenville N.C.
    Age
    49
    Posts
    1,655
    Rep Power
    24

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    If we were going to sign Kennison we should have brought back Bruce.
    :ramlogo:

  10. #10
    general counsel's Avatar
    general counsel is online now Registered User
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    atlanta, georgia
    Age
    52
    Posts
    5,578
    Rep Power
    81

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    If bruce was willing to play for the money that kennison just signed for he would have been back. The decision to let bruce go was an absolute disgrace. We let ike go, leaving us with no veteran depth, we draft promising young kids, and then we dont let the kids play, leaving us screwed when bennett gets hurt. Just ridiculous and pathetic. I still want to know what we did with the million bucks that we saved by letting bruce go.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel


  11. #11
    makersncoke's Avatar
    makersncoke is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    mo
    Age
    46
    Posts
    658
    Rep Power
    21

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    If bruce was willing to play for the money that kennison just signed for he would have been back. The decision to let bruce go was an absolute disgrace. We let ike go, leaving us with no veteran depth, we draft promising young kids, and then we dont let the kids play, leaving us screwed when bennett gets hurt. Just ridiculous and pathetic. I still want to know what we did with the million bucks that we saved by letting bruce go.

    ramming speed to all

    general counsel
    That would be the 44th million that Jackson got.

  12. #12
    PARamfan's Avatar
    PARamfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    530
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    Quote Originally Posted by eldfan View Post
    If we were going to sign Kennison we should have brought back Bruce.
    You are absolutley right on that Eldfan.

  13. #13
    btimsah Guest

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    Typically useless move, made too late to mean anything. Right up there with releasing Hedgecock who goes to the Giants and lead-blocks their way to the Superbowl and one of the best fullbacks in the game. Right up there with signing Ricky Manning Jr, meanwhile they had ALL FREAKING OFF-SEASON to sign a corner.

    Pathetic... Just pathetic.

  14. #14
    St.Louis Ram 56's Avatar
    St.Louis Ram 56 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Frederick, Maryland, United States
    Posts
    113
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    Great News,,,I liked Eddie...How much hep??? we'll This week we will see if we got it or not....

    Terry

  15. #15
    cfh128's Avatar
    cfh128 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Syracuse, NY
    Age
    31
    Posts
    778
    Rep Power
    29

    Re: Rams sign Kennison

    I dont see what the big problem is here. Kennison has been very productive in this offense in the past.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Some of our Rams Historical Moments
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 29
    Last Post: -03-16-2009, 10:23 PM
  2. Gordo Live, Monday, March 3rd
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: -03-04-2008, 07:22 PM
  3. Gordo Live: 1-21 Shaw is on his way out the door?
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: -01-22-2008, 07:33 PM
  4. Jim Thomas Live, December 4
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -12-04-2007, 07:58 PM
  5. Historical Moments # 2 The rest of the story
    By OldRamsfan in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: -04-21-2006, 11:42 AM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •