Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Rams sign Kenny Britt

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams sign Kenny Britt

I thought these were some interesting comments on/from Britt ---

Despite that lack of success, he never lost confidence in himself. Jim Wyatt of The Tennessean passed along comments from Britt as the year was winding down, with the wideout saying he believed he would be a top receiver somewhere in 2014:

I am going to be a No. 1 receiver somewhere else if I am not here next year, and that is guaranteed. I am definitely going to be a receiver that makes plays on Sundays and makes something happen for a team.

Teresa Walker of The Associated Press also noted that Britt continued to support the team even though he was scratched in the latter stages of the season:

Teresa Walker ✔ @TeresaMWalker
    Give Kenny Britt some credit. No sulking being scratched again by #Titans. He's cheering his teammates on sideline.

10:42 AM - 29 Dec 2013

Confidence in himself and showing a team-first attitude on the sidelines are both positive signs, but they don't guarantee a bounce-back year in 2014. It all comes down to playing consistently so he can be relied on week in and week out.

Bald_81 is offline Registered User

Solid signing with little to no risk involved whatsoever. I can see us cutting Britt before the season if he is a gigantic flop in training camp and just eating the $550K guaranteed. On the other hand, if he is able to re-capture even three-quarters of his 2010 form then he is well worth that price.

I agree with those above saying that this probably puts us out of the running for a WR at least early on in the draft. Or maybe Pettis is the odd man out? Lots of smoke to clear and dust to settle before we get a firm grip on what exactly we have. Right now I would guess we draft a developmental receiver with high upside in the later rounds of the draft. One that we might be able to stash on the PS if all else fails.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Ah, this year's token titan.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Curly Horns View Post
    Ah, this year's token titan.
    Jacob Bell, Drew Bennett, Courtland Finnegan. The previous group hasn't exactly lit it up, have they? Let's hope Britt changes that.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Not a fan of the signing. From what I am reading he doesn't add enough value, nor competition to our current crop of WRs. Would have rather taken Watkins, or Evans. Superior talents without the known headaches. Not saying they won't be, but Britt has had documented issues.

Another example of a coach bringing in players from his old team that won't do much. Finnegan was a bust, Cook didn't do much, now Britt who I think is going to bomb. Enough with the freaking titans players! I hope I'm wrong and he goes gang busters, but not going to bet on it.

bruce4life is offline Registered User
    Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post

Heh....welcome back txramsfan!!
    I'm glad someone picked up the reference. Where did TxRam go btw?

Haste is offline Registered User

How is his blocking?

Not sure how I feel about this yet.

I think that there is still a possibility for Watkins/Evans if they think the guy can be a true #1.
    RealRam likes this.

Fettmaster is offline Registered User

RealRam is offline Registered User

Confidence in himself and showing a team-first attitude on the sidelines are both positive signs, but they don't guarantee a bounce-back year in 2014. It all comes down to playing consistently so he can be relied on week in and week out.
    Hopefully the above comment will not become a tall order. // Come on KB -- show us what you got!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Low risk high reward potential...I like it...

shower beers is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by turbofargo View Post
    Not a fan of the signing. From what I am reading he doesn't add enough value, nor competition to our current crop of WRs. Would have rather taken Watkins, or Evans. Superior talents without the known headaches. Not saying they won't be, but Britt has had documented issues.

Another example of a coach bringing in players from his old team that won't do much. Finnegan was a bust, Cook didn't do much, now Britt who I think is going to bomb. Enough with the freaking titans players! I hope I'm wrong and he goes gang busters, but not going to bet on it.

I'm not sure how you don't think he'll add competition to our receiving group. They're not exactly lighting up the field right now. In any case, it's a one year deal with hardly any risk involved.

richtree is offline Registered User

(feet up, kickin' back) enjoy the show.

This means Givens or Quick is gone...Unless they decide to keep Austin on roster as Running Back....

Add Brandon Coleman and make this the perfect off-season....(obv.would take Watkins too)

TekeRam is offline Registered User

Basically a 110K/month rental of the guy to see if he can A. learn the playbook, B. mesh with Sam, C. stay out of trouble, and D. be better than what we have? No question that it's an excellent signing.

If he makes the 1st week roster, he's guaranteed the 1.4M because he's vested, but if he makes it to the first wek roster, my bet is that he's either starting or he's going to get his share of the plays. As mentioned above, he is not nearly as damaged psychologically as the Titans seemed to make it out(confidence, cheering his team). And the Rams doctors are apparently fine with his knee. And Fisher drafted him and wanted him back, so that has to say something too.

Love the signing, hope that he stay out of trouble... maybe the Rams can just hire a bodyguard for him, from himself.
    I believe!

NJ Ramsfan1 is offline Registered User

I understand the little-risk side of this deal. What I DON'T understand is the Rams' inability and/or reluctance to acquire a consensus game changer, instead thinking they can groom lower round guys and now in this case getting a guy with injury and character questionmarks. Several years ago, it made sense to not get a 1st round receiver because of the myriad needs the team had everywhere. But now, there's simply no excuse to not take a Sammy Watkins or a Mike Evans high in the draft to give the guy you drafted as a franchise QB an unquestioned weapon. They may STILL do so, but with this signing, it appears less likely.

I feel it is unrealistic to think the Britt of two years ago skill-wise is the same guy as what we're getting now. I'd rather spend a high draft pick on a guy most people in the know feel can be an 8-10 year guy. And with the string of failed Ex-Titans we've brought in here, forgive me if I don't wholeheartedly endorse this move.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

The kid finally learned that his value was not what he thought it was. No team offered him more than a bargain bin deal, so he took the Rams bargain bin deal. At least that bargain bin deal came from a guy who had some faith in him at one point in time.

He'll come in and compete for a spot. Maybe he makes it out of training camp. Maybe he doesn't. With a deal this cheap, it doesn't really matter either way.
    live4ramin likes this.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast