Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
Like Tree33Likes

Thread: Rams sign Kenny Britt

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Re: Rams sign Kenny Britt

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Jacob Bell, Drew Bennett, Courtland Finnegan. The previous group hasn't exactly lit it up, have they? Let's hope Britt changes that.
    William Hayes has been solid and Cook broke TE records in his first season here. If only Chris Johnson would take a serious paycut.
    mde8352gorams and Randart like this.

r8rh8rmike is online now Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    William Hayes has been solid and Cook broke TE records in his first season here. If only Chris Johnson would take a serious paycut.
    Hayes was solid in his role, no doubt. Cook did well under the circumstances, although he was inconsistent, and never became the game changer he was expected to be. The book is still open on him IMO. My point, is that the Rams haven't exactly had great luck with Titan transfers as a whole. Hopefully, Britt can help change that.
    macrammer likes this.

macrammer is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Hayes was solid in his role, no doubt. Cook did well under the circumstances, although he was inconsistent, and never became the game changer he was expected to be. The book is still open on him IMO. My point, is that the Rams haven't exactly had great luck with Titan transfers as a whole. Hopefully, Britt can help change that.
    Mike, you are spot on. Cook had moments of brilliance followed by Casper act....invisible. I too hope he can become the game changer we all want to see. To his credit (as mentioned)he did break all time Ram record for tight end. As a caveat, for some reason, TE never usually a strong point for the Rams in their storied history. So, I take record with grain of salt and would like to see his play be more consistent.
    r8rh8rmike likes this.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Macrammer View Post
    Mike, you are spot on. Cook had moments of brilliance followed by Casper act....invisible. I too hope he can become the game changer we all want to see. To his credit (as mentioned)he did break all time Ram record for tight end. As a caveat, for some reason, TE never usually a strong point for the Rams in their storied history. So, I take record with grain of salt and would like to see his play be more consistent.
    "Would like to see [Cook's] play be more consistent." Mac, now you are spot on.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

If Britt doesn't meet his potential and they use this as an excuse to pass on Watkins... might as well give Bradford to someone else and start over. I'm getting tired of second-rate receivers.
    mde8352gorams likes this.

turbofargo is offline Registered User

Was Cook's record due to him being that good, or because the limitations of the QB position/scheme put it to where he was targeted a lot. Game 1 he is a stud sign of the year, next couple of games....hello hello, echo echo...nada. Bleacherreport has him at 23 of top TEs. Given his contract, that number needs to be higher!

Luckily Britt's contract is marginal. So lets hope both players go gang busters!

richtree is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by evil disco man View Post
    If Britt doesn't meet his potential and they use this as an excuse to pass on Watkins... might as well give Bradford to someone else and start over. I'm getting tired of second-rate receivers.
    This is the deepest WR class of all time potentially.....There will be many contributors coming out of 2nd to 7th rounds.....and may steals and surprise starters...

Rams will go to work for another WR....weather round 1, 2 , 3 ., they will get another....just like to went up for Stacy.....

keeping Bradford healthy with an Oline that can block is the bigger issue...
    live4ramin likes this.

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by richtree View Post
    This is the deepest WR class of all time potentially.....There will be many contributors coming out of 2nd to 7th rounds.....and may steals and surprise starters...

Rams will go to work for another WR....weather round 1, 2 , 3 ., they will get another....just like to went up for Stacy.....

keeping Bradford healthy with an Oline that can block is the bigger issue...
    Like Donnie Avery or Brian Quick. We have enough developmental guys and need a true #1.
    mde8352gorams likes this.

sosa39rams is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RebelYell View Post
    3 games, 17 receptions is dominant?

This doesn't in any way eliminate the possibility of drafting Watkins. Let's be serious. Britt doesn't change that at all. Britt is fine depth. If he's starting week 1 I'll be shocked.
    Oh, you mean the year he was on pace for 1,541 yards and 16 TD's before tearing his ligaments? And what does Britt have anything to do with the draft? I never said he would change it..

THE DREAM TEAM

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234