ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Rams Sign Lassiter

The Midwest Sports Report on Fox reported that the Rams signed FS Kwamie Lassiter. The team is contemplating moving Aeneas back to cornerback until Travis Fisher returns to active duty.

I haven't been able to find a text source for this but if it's true, which I don't see why not, it could be a great move by the Rams.

How about taking a look at Jason Gildon Rammies, I think he'd be a great improvement to our run defense.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Posted yesterday...

Here are my thoughts:

1. Move Aeneas Williams back to CB. The timidity of the defense may be, in part, due to a lack of faith in the coverage skills of the CBs (other than Butler) who have been thrust into action due to Fisher's injury.

I knew the Rams' coaching staff was reading my posts! :redface:

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Sign Lassiter

Yes, that must be it. Now it's time to blitz Marmie! This sit-back-and-watch approach by the backers isn't working too well.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    The Midwest Sports Report on Fox reported that the Rams signed FS Kwamie Lassiter. The team is contemplating moving Aeneas back to cornerback until Travis Fisher returns to active duty.

I haven't been able to find a text source for this but if it's true, which I don't see why not, it could be a great move by the Rams.

How about taking a look at Jason Gildon Rammies, I think he'd be a great improvement to our run defense.
    I was surprised they didn't do this seconds after the Cards released him. I don't like all the roster scrambling, but I guess you gotta do what you gotta do.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Quote Originally Posted by ZigZagRam
    Yes, that must be it. Now it's time to blitz Marmie! This sit-back-and-watch approach by the backers isn't working too well.
    That sounds oddly familiar, because I remember, when scouring the Internet for info on Marmie a while ago, that this was one of the biggest things Cards fans complained about. Most people assumed Marmie was just trying to make the best out of the players he had, but now he's still doing it. The defense needs to be less timid and go after the ball.

moklerman Guest

Should I again comment on the Rams signing too many Cardinals? I agree that each player has to be evaluated individually but the ex-Cards are starting to mount.

It's not so much the fact that they're ex-Cardinals, it's the idea that the Rams brain-trust only seems able to evaluate someone they are connected with in some way. I think KC has done this too and it's starting to show. Is it loyalty to players they've coached or inability to scout players outside the system?

evil disco man is offline Pro Bowl Ram

Are the St. Louis Cardinals coming back?