Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 81
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

  1. #61
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Here are some contract numbers from this year to compare...

    Weddle: 5 years, $50 million total, $19 million guaranteed
    Mikell: 4 years, $27 million total, $14 million guaranteed
    Atogwe: 5 years, $26 million total, $9.4 million guaranteed
    wow I'm getting so ticked of hearing and reading what our cap/ and contract for Mikell is. He's getting 6.75 but don't the top tier safeties like Troy and Reed get 7-8 mill? Did we over pay?

    And dont think his age is a factor, Dawkins for the Broncos is still going at a great pace and he is older. Dont think age factor always effects secondaries as other positions.


  2. #62
    PARamfan's Avatar
    PARamfan is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    PA
    Posts
    530
    Rep Power
    10

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    This is a great pickup!!!

  3. #63
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    wow I'm getting so ticked of hearing and reading what our cap/ and contract for Mikell is. He's getting 6.75 but don't the top tier safeties like Troy and Reed get 7-8 mill? Did we over pay?

    And dont think his age is a factor, Dawkins for the Broncos is still going at a great pace and he is older. Dont think age factor always effects secondaries as other positions.
    If you're getting ticked, I would suggest that you not read the threads that involve Mikell. Seems simple enough to me. Another thing, if you think this is bad, stick around a while. I promise you, we're just scratching the surface.

    By the way, for every Dawkins you can name, there's about 10 Adam Archuletas.

  4. #64
    AvengerRam's Avatar
    AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Longwood, Florida, United States
    Age
    46
    Posts
    18,558
    Rep Power
    167

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    If you're getting ticked, I would suggest that you not read the threads that involve Mikell. Seems simple enough to me. Another thing, if you think this is bad, stick around a while. I promise you, we're just scratching the surface.

    By the way, for every Dawkins you can name, there's about 10 Adam Archuletas.
    This kind of reminds me of your post right after the Rams won the Super Bowl:

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater
    Oh, sure, the Rams may have won, but it was only by 7 points. And what's with this "having to stop them at the one yard line" stuff. Very disappointing. All in all, I'd say this was a bad year for the Rams.
    Curly Horns likes this.

  5. #65
    Nick's Avatar
    Nick is offline Superbowl MVP
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Morgantown, WV
    Age
    31
    Posts
    19,373
    Rep Power
    153

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    wow I'm getting so ticked of hearing and reading what our cap/ and contract for Mikell is. He's getting 6.75 but don't the top tier safeties like Troy and Reed get 7-8 mill? Did we over pay?
    Reed (2006): 6 years, $44.4 million total, $15 million guaranteed ($7.4 mil a year)
    Rolle (2010): 5 years, $37 million total, $15 million guaranteed ($7.4 mil a year)

    Polamalu is playing on the final year of his contract, and will likely surpass Weddle once he's resigned.

    When the terms of the deal were first announced, my gut reaction was that the Rams may have shelled out a bit too much to ensure they got "their guy." But I think looking at the numbers of other deals, past and more recent, suggests that they did a solid job with this one (unless he pulls a James Butler and disappoints, but I don't think that's very likely).
    ZiaRam likes this.

  6. #66
    Azul e Oro is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Sep 2008
    Location
    CALIFORNIA
    Posts
    2,358
    Rep Power
    71

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    I can't believe Atogwe signed for less than Weddle and Mikell. Looks like he should have waited a bit before committing to a garbage team like Washington.

    Heh!! It wouldn't surprise me if O.J. is already hankerin' to renegotiate....
    At the risk of beating a dead horse, maybe the marketplace has spoken & the message is that Atogwe is not as good a safety as some fans thought he was. Or, to put it another way, he's a good player in an old school Haslett D but the position seems to be changing to more of a thumper to support the run & deal with the new WR & TE monsters out there in the more cutting edge defenses rather than a ballhawk spying the QB's eyes.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -07-28-2011 at 12:56 AM.

  7. #67
    Mooselini's Avatar
    Mooselini is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    3,724
    Rep Power
    28

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    Love this signing. Thank god my lockout on this forum is over now that there is something to really talk about!! lets go rams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

  8. #68
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    If you're getting ticked, I would suggest that you not read the threads that involve Mikell. Seems simple enough to me. Another thing, if you think this is bad, stick around a while. I promise you, we're just scratching the surface.

    By the way, for every Dawkins you can name, there's about 10 Adam Archuletas.
    Wow I'm sorry guys I NEED TO START PROOF READING MY POSTS!

    What I meant to say " I'm getting so ticked off about you get so many contradicting stories of the exact number of what our cap space actually is from the internet, nfl network, espn radio, 101 sports and even with Mikell's contract, it's ridicoulous!"

    Again sorries

  9. #69
    ZiaRam is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Las Cruces, New Mexico, United States
    Age
    34
    Posts
    1,530
    Rep Power
    20

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    Oh, sure, the Rams may have won, but it was only by 7 points. And what's with this "having to stop them at the one yard line" stuff. Very disappointing. All in all, I'd say this was a bad year for the Rams.:
    wow I'm not even going to comment on that due to forum rules.
    ... wait I think I just did?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Reed (2006): 6 years, $44.4 million total, $15 million guaranteed ($7.4 mil a year)
    Rolle (2010): 5 years, $37 million total, $15 million guaranteed ($7.4 mil a year)

    Polamalu is playing on the final year of his contract, and will likely surpass Weddle once he's resigned.

    When the terms of the deal were first announced, my gut reaction was that the Rams may have shelled out a bit too much to ensure they got "their guy." But I think looking at the numbers of other deals, past and more recent, suggests that they did a solid job with this one (unless he pulls a James Butler and disappoints, but I don't think that's very likely).
    Ya I hear ya Nick, that's the exact same thing I first thought but like you said after digesting it down today I think we did good financially and got a great talent with enough longevity there.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -07-28-2011 at 01:10 AM.

  10. #70
    smitheRAM's Avatar
    smitheRAM is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    IDaho
    Posts
    80
    Rep Power
    7

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    Big fan of his from his Boise State days. But will be very disappointed if this is our biggest FA signee. Sorry to see us loss out on Rice, Spikes, Bush,a couple DTs etc.

  11. #71
    RAMMAN68's Avatar
    RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Escondido, CA
    Age
    45
    Posts
    2,714
    Rep Power
    15

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    I really like this signing; now we need to get a pair of OLB's.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS


    "HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

  12. #72
    Ahmedrams81's Avatar
    Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Fairfax, Virginia
    Posts
    642
    Rep Power
    9

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    We need to go after a DT and a RB. Snelling, Sproles, and Muir are all great options.

  13. #73
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    This kind of reminds me of your post right after the Rams won the Super Bowl:
    First of all, I wasn't even on these forums when the Rams won the Superbowl. Several years would pass before this "Fortuninerhater" made an appearance on any on-line sports forum. So you're going to have to dig a little deeper my friend. But nice try.

    By the way, I find it rather ironic that you would go to great lengths to try to disparage something I said to another poster.

    Welcome to a new season to you too, my friend.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -07-28-2011 at 06:15 PM.

  14. #74
    Fortuninerhater's Avatar
    Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    L.A., Ca.
    Posts
    2,605
    Rep Power
    37

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    Wow I'm sorry guys I NEED TO START PROOF READING MY POSTS!

    What I meant to say " I'm getting so ticked off about you get so many contradicting stories of the exact number of what our cap space actually is from the internet, nfl network, espn radio, 101 sports and even with Mikell's contract, it's ridicoulous!"

    Again sorries
    Well in that case....my apologies to you.

    And so the record is straight, the quote Avenger has attributed to me is bogus. I did not appear on any on-line sports forum until at least 3 years after the Rams won their only Superbowl.

  15. #75
    Curly Horns's Avatar
    Curly Horns is offline Registered User
    Join Date
    Mar 2002
    Location
    1st & Goal
    Posts
    2,600
    Rep Power
    58

    Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

    Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    This kind of reminds me of your post right after the Rams won the Super Bowl:
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater
    Oh, sure, the Rams may have won, but it was only by 7 points. And what's with this "having to stop them at the one yard line" stuff. Very disappointing. All in all, I'd say this was a bad year for the Rams.
    I don't care who you are, that's funny!



Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Quintin Mikell
    By thickandthin in forum DRAFT & FA
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: -05-15-2011, 12:23 PM
  2. Rams sign many
    By Rambos in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: -05-02-2007, 12:11 AM
  3. Redskins sign CB Wright, re-sign DE Evans
    By RamsFan4ever in forum NFL TALK
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: -04-06-2006, 07:31 PM
  4. Rams sign TE
    By RamWraith in forum RAM TALK
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: -11-11-2005, 10:17 PM

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •