Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

ZiaRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams sign Quintin Mikell

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Here are some contract numbers from this year to compare...

Weddle: 5 years, $50 million total, $19 million guaranteed
    Mikell: 4 years, $27 million total, $14 million guaranteed
    Atogwe: 5 years, $26 million total, $9.4 million guaranteed
    wow I'm getting so ticked of hearing and reading what our cap/ and contract for Mikell is. He's getting 6.75 but don't the top tier safeties like Troy and Reed get 7-8 mill? Did we over pay?

And dont think his age is a factor, Dawkins for the Broncos is still going at a great pace and he is older. Dont think age factor always effects secondaries as other positions.

PARamfan is offline Registered User

This is a great pickup!!!

Fortuninerhater is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by ZiaRam View Post
    wow I'm getting so ticked of hearing and reading what our cap/ and contract for Mikell is. He's getting 6.75 but don't the top tier safeties like Troy and Reed get 7-8 mill? Did we over pay?

And dont think his age is a factor, Dawkins for the Broncos is still going at a great pace and he is older. Dont think age factor always effects secondaries as other positions.
    If you're getting ticked, I would suggest that you not read the threads that involve Mikell. Seems simple enough to me. Another thing, if you think this is bad, stick around a while. I promise you, we're just scratching the surface.

By the way, for every Dawkins you can name, there's about 10 Adam Archuletas.

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post
    If you're getting ticked, I would suggest that you not read the threads that involve Mikell. Seems simple enough to me. Another thing, if you think this is bad, stick around a while. I promise you, we're just scratching the surface.

This kind of reminds me of your post right after the Rams won the Super Bowl:

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater
    Oh, sure, the Rams may have won, but it was only by 7 points. And what's with this "having to stop them at the one yard line" stuff. Very disappointing. All in all, I'd say this was a bad year for the Rams.
    Curly Horns likes this.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Reed (2006): 6 years, $44.4 million total, $15 million guaranteed ($7.4 mil a year)
    Rolle (2010): 5 years, $37 million total, $15 million guaranteed ($7.4 mil a year)

Polamalu is playing on the final year of his contract, and will likely surpass Weddle once he's resigned.

When the terms of the deal were first announced, my gut reaction was that the Rams may have shelled out a bit too much to ensure they got "their guy." But I think looking at the numbers of other deals, past and more recent, suggests that they did a solid job with this one (unless he pulls a James Butler and disappoints, but I don't think that's very likely).
    ZiaRam likes this.

Azul e Oro is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by RAMarkable View Post
    I can't believe Atogwe signed for less than Weddle and Mikell. Looks like he should have waited a bit before committing to a garbage team like Washington.

Heh!! It wouldn't surprise me if O.J. is already hankerin' to renegotiate....
    At the risk of beating a dead horse, maybe the marketplace has spoken & the message is that Atogwe is not as good a safety as some fans thought he was. Or, to put it another way, he's a good player in an old school Haslett D but the position seems to be changing to more of a thumper to support the run & deal with the new WR & TE monsters out there in the more cutting edge defenses rather than a ballhawk spying the QB's eyes.
    Last edited by Azul e Oro; -07-28-2011 at 12:56 AM.

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Love this signing. Thank god my lockout on this forum is over now that there is something to really talk about!! lets go rams
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater View Post

Wow I'm sorry guys I NEED TO START PROOF READING MY POSTS!

What I meant to say " I'm getting so ticked off about you get so many contradicting stories of the exact number of what our cap space actually is from the internet, nfl network, espn radio, 101 sports and even with Mikell's contract, it's ridicoulous!"

Again sorries

Oh, sure, the Rams may have won, but it was only by 7 points. And what's with this "having to stop them at the one yard line" stuff. Very disappointing. All in all, I'd say this was a bad year for the Rams.:
    wow I'm not even going to comment on that due to forum rules.
    ... wait I think I just did?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    Reed (2006): 6 years, $44.4 million total, $15 million guaranteed ($7.4 mil a year)
    Rolle (2010): 5 years, $37 million total, $15 million guaranteed ($7.4 mil a year)

Polamalu is playing on the final year of his contract, and will likely surpass Weddle once he's resigned.

When the terms of the deal were first announced, my gut reaction was that the Rams may have shelled out a bit too much to ensure they got "their guy." But I think looking at the numbers of other deals, past and more recent, suggests that they did a solid job with this one (unless he pulls a James Butler and disappoints, but I don't think that's very likely).
    Ya I hear ya Nick, that's the exact same thing I first thought but like you said after digesting it down today I think we did good financially and got a great talent with enough longevity there.
    Last edited by ZiaRam; -07-28-2011 at 01:10 AM.

smitheRAM is offline Registered User

Big fan of his from his Boise State days. But will be very disappointed if this is our biggest FA signee. Sorry to see us loss out on Rice, Spikes, Bush,a couple DTs etc.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I really like this signing; now we need to get a pair of OLB's.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

Ahmedrams81 is offline Registered User

We need to go after a DT and a RB. Snelling, Sproles, and Muir are all great options.

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    First of all, I wasn't even on these forums when the Rams won the Superbowl. Several years would pass before this "Fortuninerhater" made an appearance on any on-line sports forum. So you're going to have to dig a little deeper my friend. But nice try.

By the way, I find it rather ironic that you would go to great lengths to try to disparage something I said to another poster.

Welcome to a new season to you too, my friend.
    Last edited by Fortuninerhater; -07-28-2011 at 06:15 PM.

Wow I'm sorry guys I NEED TO START PROOF READING MY POSTS!

What I meant to say " I'm getting so ticked off about you get so many contradicting stories of the exact number of what our cap space actually is from the internet, nfl network, espn radio, 101 sports and even with Mikell's contract, it's ridicoulous!"

Again sorries
    Well in that case....my apologies to you.

And so the record is straight, the quote Avenger has attributed to me is bogus. I did not appear on any on-line sports forum until at least 3 years after the Rams won their only Superbowl.

Curly Horns is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by AvengerRam View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Fortuninerhater
    Oh, sure, the Rams may have won, but it was only by 7 points. And what's with this "having to stop them at the one yard line" stuff. Very disappointing. All in all, I'd say this was a bad year for the Rams.
    I don't care who you are, that's funny!

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast