Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams Sign RB Travis Minor

I like this signing. Minor's ability to be used in a variety of ways should be a plus. I'd be interested to find out why he was replaced as the number one KO return guy because he looked to have some explosiveness with more than a few 40+ yard returns as the starter.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

RAMS Sign RB

Rams signed RB Travis Minor to a one-year contract.

The Rams are hoping to find relief for Steven Jackson, but we hope they don't stop here. Minor can help out on third downs occasionally and special teams, but St. Louis is still looking for a backup
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

LARAM is offline Registered User

I like this pick too.....His style resembles Marshall Faulk. I think he will be a great back up, or 3rd down option. He has good recieving abilities and should be able to fill in if Steven Jackson goes down.

I think he did pretty good in Miami, he just had to play behind Ricky Williams, in fact he was an excellent 3rd down option and change of pace back when Ricky Williams had his breakout years in Miami. Then they brought in Carnell Williams.

I think Travis Minor has just been overshadowed by the bigger stronger backs. He does have great hands, and can be quite elusive in the open field. In my opinion ........not a bad pick up and probably for a great price.....he could surprise many if given the opportunity.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

Re: RAMS Sign RB

Here's his stats:

Position: RB
    Height: 5-10
    Weight: 203
    Born: 06/30/1979
    College: Florida State
    NFL Experience: 7

Rushing
    Year Team G GS Att Yds Avg Lg TD 20+ 1st
    2001 Miami Dolphins 16 0 59 281 4.8 56 2 2 12
    2002 Miami Dolphins 16 0 44 180 4.1 23 2 1 10
    2003 Miami Dolphins 16 0 41 193 4.7 26 1 1 13
    2004 Miami Dolphins 11 4 109 388 3.6 34 3 2 21
    2005 Miami Dolphins 16 0 5 17 3.4 9 0 0 0
    2006 Miami Dolphins 16 0 19 74 3.9 9 0 0 3
    TOTAL 91 4 277 1133 4.1 56 8 6 59
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

81~BIG-GAME is offline Registered User

He will play a minor role,excuse the pun ..But seriously,he has been brought in as he adds depth at a cheap price..:l

RealRam is offline Registered User

Minor is a solid situational guy that fills a moderate need for us, especially considering we don't know what's going on with the health of both Stephen Davis and Tony Fisher. -- Nick
    Stats wise in Miami he looks 'okay'. http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/235123. Right now I'm more intrigued about knowing what the status is on Stephen Davis and/or Tony Fisher (moreso on Davis). Seems to me that Minor would be a Fisher replacement type of RB if that is the case.

Sorry dear friends, but I'm still hoping to see Marshall in a Rams No. 28 uniform this season. TX, I hear you and you have a totally valid argument concerning his age, of course. I just believe in Faulk having enough in the tank to make a real difference in 2007 as a 3rd down back and/or other schemes. Quality depth, if you will.

Keenum is offline Registered User

Yeah, I've seen him some. He's not a bad player, but probably not a starting RB. Good enough to give Jackson breaks.

This just about all but confirms that Faulk will be gone.

BigGameMN is offline Registered User

He's never impressed me at all. I hear he's decent at covering kicks though, so maybe that will be his role.

im_a_king_co07 is offline Registered User

He had to take over as starter when ricky williams became a genius and decided to move on to "greater" things. if you know what i mean. lol

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I don't want to see 28 out there at 30 percent. Marshall has even admitted that he hasn't rehabbed his knee much at all since he had surgery due to his new job at the NFL Network. That to me says 28 really doesn't want to play anymore.

So, what do you do if you are Linehan? Sign someone you know and have coached before. Hey, I was upset when I found out that Wendy's closed their original store but I still go by the other Wendy's for that delicious chili made with stale hamburger meat. What I'm trying to say is that I don't hang on to teams stars when they even know it's time to do something else.
    Last edited by txramsfan; -03-08-2007 at 01:24 PM.

TX, if Marshall Faulk is considering calling quits, well sure, that's it! :\ How can anyone expect anything else in terms of seeing him play again? I'd be the first one to shake his hand with a typical "Thanks for the Memories" gratitude and wishing him well as a retired RB great and sure HOFamer.

I just wasn't aware that that is the current mindset of Marshall. On the contrary, my understanding was / is that he WANTS to play -- that's what I'm basing my hopes and desire to see him play one last season as a Ram back for quality depth purposes.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I understand Jorge, I do. Marshall was my favorite outside of Bruce (Go Memphis Tigers), but if Marshall really wanted to play he would have showed some rehab work.

We'll see. If he misses minicamp that will be a glaring notification of his pending retirement. He's never been in the Linehan system and it is different that Martz. He will have to go to minicamp to get caught up. If he doesn't show up then, start making the banner for #28 to be raised to the top of the ED.

[Faulk]'s never been in the Linehan system and it is different than Martz. He will have to go to minicamp to get caught up. If he doesn't show up then, start making the banner for #28 to be raised to the top of the ED. -- TX
    Agreed TX. As you said, we'll see.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12