RamWraith is offline Registered User

Rams sign tackle A. Hayer

Rams cut Jason Hilliard and signed former 2001 Titan draft pick, Vikings and Cardinals tackle Adam Haayer

-------

#64 Adam Haayer | OT

Born: February 22, 1977
    Wyoming, MN
    Height: 6-6
    Weight: 311 lbs. Age: 29
    Pos: OT
    Experience: 5 years
    College: Minnesota
    Drafted: Year:2001 Round:6 Pick:36, Titans

2006 Scouting Report - Scouts Inc.
    Grade: 61 | Key
    Alert: None

Comment:
    He has good overall size, and he shows adequate athletic ability and pass protection skills. He is a natural LOT, and he does a nice job of mirror and slide to the outside, and he has pretty good feet and the ability to use his arms to ride the DE past the pocket. He shows decent overall balance, and the ability to adjust in movement, but he is not a power player. He shows marginal explosiveness and leverage, and he is not very good as a run blocker. He doesn't appear to play with good overall toughness or a mean streak, and right now, you would call him a finesse, soft player, who can maybe get by on his athleticism and pass protection skills.

Insider Analysis
    Grade 59

Expert's Take:
    He is a third year player and UFA, but he is still more of a developmental type player because he has not played much in his career. He is a smart player. He is a versatile backup in that he can take reps at both the OT and OG spots. He has above average AA for the position. Saw him at LOT and he showed good overall AA and foot quickness. He showed the ability to mirror and keep good position vs. edge rushers. He has long arms and when he did give up edge pressure he could ride the DE wide and allow the QB to step up in the pocket. He shows solid balance and flashed the ability to recover. On the downside, he is not very strong. He is not a natural knee bender in the run game and struggles to get leverage. He is not an explosive player and is on the ground too often as a run blocker. He is a fineness player that needs to add a little more "nastiness" to his game. He is a journeyman backup player and has a chance athletically, but he must get in the weight room and add bulk and strength to his frame.

HUbison is online now Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams sign tackle A. Hayer

Sounds like a younger version of Grant Williams to me.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

general counsel is offline Registered User

Excellent analogy big bison. I wonder if sapiaia isnt in trouble roster wise, especially based on his health situation. I think this is the kind of guy (he plays both guard and tackle) that could give blaine a push roster wise. I think that sorrenstrom is going to make the team for sure and while i dont know exactly how many lineman we are going to carry, i dont see exactly where this guy fits in unless its to compete with blaine and to possibly provide a bit more help in the preseason for the third team offense to help try out the two qb's.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

I watched this kid grow up. From High School to college to Pros. He is average at best. Great High School career, good college career and will have a below average NFL career. He is nothing more than a 1 or 2 game back-up. He is very soft and seems to lack a burst to open any holes. The only thing that has saved him through out his career is his size. The kid has arms like a gorilla. Longer than the day is long. As far a playing guard, I say no way and would be a complete liability. He needs space. As much as it is nice to have depth this is all he will provide. I would not count on him stepping in and filling anyone's shoes. But at least he has experience and would be able to help out Barron and Pace if we need it while Stuessie may need to be moved inside.

Jason, i take it that means you would rather see sapiaia on the roster than this guy.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Well I think Saipai is in trouble even if we hadn't signed this guy. Unless, of course, Blaine can transition over to back-up center where he should beat out Turner. With the Cog, Setterstrom and Timmerman looking good so far what about T. Palmer, any chance of him beating out Claude Terrell for the final interior line job?

WHAT SAY YE?

terrell reportedly took some snaps with the first unit today. i cant see him getting cut and i think palmer is practice squad material. neither incog nor sorrestrom has played in a single nfl game no matter how good they look in camp

ramming speed to all

general counsel

I personally don't see either one of them making it. If they do, it is going to be because of a numbers game. And yes Blaine would make me feel better but not great.
    Last edited by RamWraith; -08-08-2006 at 10:04 PM.

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

This is a curious move; It sounds like he is just another camp body.
    The O-line seems to be getting a lot of attention, which is a good thing.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey