Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    makersncoke is offline Registered User

Re: Rams sign WR Danario Alexander!

Knees, Knees, blah, blah, blah!!! Willis McGahee had some bad wheels coming out of college and I'd be willing to bet that we would love to have him on this team with Jackson! This kid has a tremendous upside if he can stay healthy, if he can't what are we out? Anyway he should stay healthy, unless he runs a 5yd hook pattern he'll never see the ball since the playbook doesn't go past 5yds.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Rich86 is offline Registered User

oooh weee. had to youtube him because i didn't catch any mizzou games the past year, but from what i seen he could be a force. in the same mold of a colston, would love to see him make the final 53

LA2STL is offline Registered User

It's do or die for Alexander's NFL career. Should he stay healthy, he will be a dominant NFL force. I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Revenge is offline Registered User

6'5 Reciever = Fade Routes ALL DAY LONG!!

Ramblin` Ram is offline Registered User

welcome aboard Danario...hope you can stay healthy and have a good career with us.
    should mean less tickets sold to visiting teams with him being a bit of a local hero..if he can.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by MauiRam View Post
    I wonder if he'll get an opportunity in Thursday's game - one or two plays maybe? If he is relegated to the practice squad as Nick suggested in another thread, can't help but wonder how long he'd last there before being snapped up by another team. Hopefully he'll show enough between now and August 31st to make the final 53 .. Long shot at best? We'll find out bye and bye ...
    Every team in the league had a chance to snag him as a draft pick or undrafted free agent, and they didn't. That leads me to believe he'd probably be pretty safe on our practice squad.

Alexander had a very productive year last year for Missouri, but I don't think he translates as well to the NFL as many other fans do. The early reports from the Senior Bowl were that he wasn't doing well in a pro-style setting, and when you combine that with the long history of knee issues and I don't see much success as the NFL level.

Since he's missed almost all of training camp as well as the first two preseason games, I think he's a long-shot to make the 53-man roster. Chances are he goes on the practice squad and the Rams see if he can develop into anything.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Two
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Richbert88 is offline Registered User

I will guess that if he doesn't make the roster outright, he's a great candidate to go on the injured list and rehab with the team for the next year to strengthen those knees.

I can't see him on the practice squad.
    Semper Fi!

hawaiianpunch is offline Registered User

I think maybe we might have got a steal, but im not sure we will have to see. I know this boy has got skills though so let us hope and pray.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Varg6 View Post
    ...Danario Alexander will either be a huge success or a disappointing injury-prone WR whose potential was never fully realized. Let's hope for option A.
    Option A all the way V6! Although I do reserve the "huge success" clause for later.

Welcome to the NFL young man. Stay healthy... and GO FOR IT, 111%!

Originally posted by Nick
    Since he's missed almost all of training camp as well as the first two preseason games, I think he's a long-shot to make the 53-man roster. Chances are he goes on the practice squad and the Rams see if he can develop into anything.
    Totally agree, but I'm glad he'd be in our bullpen, hopefully developing to be a consistent, reliable WR.
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-23-2010 at 03:01 AM. Reason: 2nd quote

Aussie Dave is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
    6'5 Reciever = Fade Routes ALL DAY LONG!!
    Exactly what I was thinking, he's taller than 2 avery's combined lol.
    I really hope things work out for this kid, had horrible luck.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenge View Post
    6'5 Receiver = Fade Routes ALL DAY LONG!!
    From Pro Football Talk:

Rams sign Danario Alexander
    Posted by Gregg Rosenthal on August 22, 2010 8:41 PM ET

Six months after knee surgery interrupted his pre-draft plans, Missouri wide receiver Danario Alexander has finally landed in the NFL.

The Rams announced they signed the local product on Sunday, just before Alexander was expected to visit with the Seahawks.

It's hard to imagine the productive college player could make the team out of camp, but he could be a candidate for the practice squad if he performs well in the next few weeks.
    I didn't get to see Brooks' skills that much; however my optimism for the new D.A. is definite! At least for now.

Congrats are in order. Oh, and someone please Twitter this thread to the rookie.
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-23-2010 at 03:12 AM. Reason: Content

Article in STL Today:

Alexander looks forward to teaming up with Bradford
    BY JIM THOMAS • Posted: Monday, August 23, 2010 12:00 am

Danario Alexander and Sam Bradford were roommates in February at the NFL scouting combine. Alexander was coming off knee surgery and was on crutches at the time. Bradford was still rehabbing his surgically repaired throwing shoulder.

So they commiserated about their injuries and the road back to football. And Bradford, uh, reminded Alexander about all of Oklahoma's football victories over the University of Missouri.

"I guess if you can't beat 'em, you've got to join 'em," a happy Alexander said Sunday night.

Alexander signed a contract with the Rams on Sunday, making him and Bradford teammates.

Shortly after the Rams announced Alexander's signing, his Twitter account and Facebook page exploded with congratulations. Many of the messages came from Mizzou fans who had watched Alexander burst onto the scene last season at wide receiver.

"It's a lot of crazy stuff going on," Alexander said, laughing. "One of them said, 'Welcome home again.' That's one of the main reasons I'm excited about playing here because of the support from everyone."

Alexander was already studying his playbook, at a hotel in St. Louis, when reached by the Post-Dispatch. He will be on the practice field this afternoon when the Rams return to work following Saturday's 19-17 preseason victory over Cleveland.

Jeff Nalley, Alexander's Houston-based agent, got a call Saturday night from Rams executive vice president of football operations Kevin Demoff. "He said, 'We'd like to try to make this happen,'" Nalley said.

Alexander flew Sunday morning to St. Louis from Houston and worked out for Rams coaches and front office executives Sunday afternoon.

"I felt like I killed the workout," Alexander said. "They wanted to see me come in and out of my breaks. I felt I did pretty good. I did a great job of catching the ball and stuff like that."

Alexander visited Rams Park for a physical the first week of August and subsequently made a trip to Seattle. Those were his only two visits, but Nalley said seven teams had expressed various degrees of interest in Alexander.

He ended up signing a two-year deal. "It's a great day," Alexander said. "I've been going through a lot leading up to this point, and the work has just begun."

Rams general manager Billy Devaney said the team is realistic about what to expect right away. Today marks Alexander's first practice since January, when he suffered his most recent knee injury in a Senior Bowl practice. So he'll be playing catch-up.

"We don't expect him to run out there Thursday (against New England) and play half the game, by any stretch," Devaney said. "We'll bring him along slowly. We're looking at this as long term. If he can contribute sometime this year — great.

"He's got size, hands, athletic ability. He's a tough guy. He's got all the traits you're looking for. He's an easy guy to root for. He's been blessed by tremendous skill, but he's been cursed by a bad knee."

To make room, the Rams released wide receiver Brooks Foster, a fifth-round pick in 2009.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Rams sign WR Danario Alexander!-danario-alexander-rams.jpg  
    Last edited by RealRam; -08-23-2010 at 03:30 AM. Reason: Image

helorm341 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Nick View Post
    but I don't think he translates as well to the NFL

Why not? I've never really heard of a WR not translating.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by PeoriaRam View Post
    At least they stay on the field.
    /Barron logic

Mr. Alexander strikes me as one bad cut away from needing a walker for the rest of his life. In light of that, the glut of receivers, our unwillingness to do anything with said receivers, and the rapidly approaching season, there appears to be little point for this move.

Of course, I'm not a Mizzou fan either.

Well there is a point. Brooks Foster had shown us nothing to suggest he would be worth keeping around. So why not get rid of him and sign Alexander, on the off chance that he blossoms into a decent WR? Its not a move that hurts the team, so i dont see the problem with it

Goldenfleece is offline Registered User

To me, the more surprising news here is Foster's departure after one season on the IR list. With about ten receivers in camp including two UDFA rookies, I wouldn't have guessed that Foster would be considered the weakest link.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast