throwback week

general counsel is offline Registered User

rams sked-path to the playoffs

We have 4 wins. Assume it takes 10 to get in. We have 10 gets left, meaning realistically, we need to win 6. Where do those six come from?

Answer. Home vs kc, home vs ariz, home vs whiners, road vs oakland, home vs washington and road vs minny.

Probable Losses. At sandiego, at seattle.

We have a decent shot- at carolina and home vs. the bears

In the "we have a decent shot" category, both of those could easily be losses.

As i see it, given the second half collapse vs seattle and the loss to the whiners, we can certainly still make the playoffs, but we have virtually no margain for error at this point. No more mulligans. The oakland game scares the heck out of me, its the ultimate trap game. A terrible team, with us on the road, will we be up and ready to play? I dont think we should anticipate that 9-7 will get us in. Its not impossible, but not likely either. Thus, we cant even begin to think about the impact of a loss to either a sf, ariz or oakland at this point.

I think it will all come down to those last two weeks and with wins vs washington and minny i think we get in.

The game with the most upside of course is at seattle, because if we can find a way to win that game, all of this changes and we are right back in the hunt to win the west. If we lose that game, its wild card or bust in all liklihood, even if we wind up at 11-5 since they will hold the tiebreaker.

I dont care how good the bears are, i think we have a shot against anyone playing at home. The game is also several weeks away and there is no telling the injury status of the teams at that point.

When you break down the sked like this, you see why those early season games against lousy teams like detroit and green bay were must wins. People say "its early in the season there is plenty of football left." Sure there is, but there are only 16 games and you have to be realistic about your chances on the road, especially against the tough teams.

Consistency is the key in the nfl and if you want to be a playoff team, you have to be solid, you cant play just to the level of your competition and you HAVE to put teams away when you have the chance, especially quality teams, and that is something we failed to do last sunday and it bit us in the butt.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

jkramsfan Guest

Re: rams sked-path to the playoffs

GC,hard to disagree with any of that except as we have discussed before,i feel we have a better shot beating seattle on the road than we do beating carolina,i cant give a really good reason,its just a hunch.

maineram Guest

Well one thing is for sure. We're going to see what this team and staff are made of in thier first season together, with the remaining teams on our sched.

Will they play like the first half against the Hawks or the second half. They have the potential.

Maineram -

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Other than the obvious games that we need to win, the biggest games on the schedule are Bears,Seahawks,Panthers and Vikings. All could have effect in any tiebreaker situations.

I feel like we have just as good a chance at the playoffs as anyone else.

Rams 10-6 at least.:r

denverram is offline Registered User

When I looked at the schedule when it first came out I felt The Redskin game was key. I still think that game will be the one that determines weather or not we get in.

If we lose the the niners again this year we do not deserve to be in the playoffs.

Snowy in Denver. Got 2" last night. Mountains have about 50"!!

Ya'll come skiing!!! Its going to be a great year.

DenverRAm

Black Hills Ramman Guest

I too think there will be one key game. My hunch is that we are 9 - 6 going into that last New Year's eve game with Minnesota. Win and we should be in, lose and we likely are out. So, we either have good reason to celebrate or drown our sorrows and tip a glass to the new year.