ST. LOUIS -- The third preseason game was a nice bounceback for the St. Louis Rams. Coach Steve Spagnuolo wants to see more like that and plans on using starters in the final tuneup.
Normally, most first-stringers play sparingly, if at all, in the last preseason game. Because of the lockout, the Rams have plenty to iron out before the regular season.
Even if they're 3-0.
"We all know the speed of the game changes," Spagnuolo said Saturday. "I don't get caught up too much in the scores of preseason games other than I think it's a confidence builder."
The Rams go for their first perfect preseason since moving to the Midwest in 1995 on Thursday night at Jacksonville. Spagnuolo's not impressed with the record and wants his starters to get another shot of game-day anxiety before the season opener Sept. 11 at home against Philadelphia.
"The intriguing thing with the situation I think every team is in, and I don't know how you judge this, but we haven't played a full game," Spagnuolo said. "It's hard to simulate that in practice and obviously in these preseason games guys don't play for 60 minutes, so that is one concern."
Spagnuolo also would like to establish more momentum.
"This week we came out, at least in the first half, and did some good things," Spagnuolo said. "It would be nice to string another series of quarters together where we play well."
A quick start on offense was a key to the 14-10 victory over the Kansas City Chiefs on Friday night in the Governor's Cup game, with Sam Bradford and Steven Jackson starring in a pair of touchdown drives the first two possessions.
The injury list is not extensive. Cornerback Dionte Dinkins will miss 2-4 weeks because of a high ankle sprain and running back Keith Toston has a quad strain. Middle linebacker James Laurinaitis (pectoral) will likely be limited in practice, and outside linebacker Ben Leber has back soreness.