throwback week

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Rams Still May Make Playoffs - That's A Good Thing, Right?

Anyone who thinks the Rams are out of it isn't paying attention.

Next week, the Rams have a home game against San Fran and the Seahawks play Dallas, who could beat them. That would put the Rams in... yes, it sounds aburd but... FIRST PLACE in the NFC West!

Oh goody.

Let me preface my the comments that follow with the following statement: I always want the Rams to make the playoffs.

That said, let's be realistic... even if the Rams make it to the playoffs, they are not going very far.

If this were an up-and-coming team with little or no playoff experience, I'd say... fine, its good to get your feet wet in the postseason. But that is not the situation.

Here's my concern: Could making the playoffs simply reinforce the things that are wrong with this team?

Would it give Mike Martz the ability to convince himself that things are headed in the right direction?

Would it cause management to keep this defensive unit that simply is not working?

Would it provide a justification to give aging and unproductive former stars another season as starters?

As a fan, I always want the Rams to win and to make the playoffs.

But following this latest debacle, I wonder... maybe it would be better if they didn't.

ZigZagRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Still May Make Playoffs - That's A Good Thing, Right?

But following this latest debacle, I wonder... maybe it would be better if they didn't.
    I'd almost agree but I can't just sit back and let the Seahawks win the division.

tanus is offline Registered User

I hear ya Avenger. I'd really like us to be able to get that LB from Texas, Derrick Johnson. Then I'd also like us to get Ed Hartwell from the Ravens as an FA. That would solve our LB problem real quick along with Pisa.

theodus69 Guest

OH. I'll be realistic! Great team turned to......you know what! Pound the ball and bring in the secondary. Just because this team is supposed to fling the ball all the time doesn't mean you have to do that all the time! Let Jackson get his licks and give him the ball. Martz ' game plan is so obvious all the time now. Fake FG to WILKENS......IIIIIIyacalambochers(new word) They got beat terribly but they were in it most of the way. PATIANTS.....Martz has none!

RamTime Guest

It comes down to who wants it the least.

theodus69 Guest

I sad before , the heap of the schedule was Buff, GB,& Philly. But to have it handed to them 2 weeks in a row,Not good. No matter how you look at it! A playoff appearance only lengthens this downward spiral! And another "oh Martz got them to the playoffs 4 yrs in a row"Isn't going to set well with me and the few others not afraid to say so. Blinders off Gentlemen, It's time to see the whole track. And it's wet, slippery,& downright sloppy to the end!