throwback week

AvengerRam is offline Moderator Emeritus

Rams Stuff from ProFootballWeekly

• Rams first-round pick Alex Barron, a contract holdout as of Aug. 7, will be a real long shot to begin the regular season as the team’s right tackle because of the considerable catching up he must do learning one of the league’s more complicated systems. Natural OG Rex Tucker was starting at right tackle during his absence, but don’t be surprised if Blaine Saipaia ends up starting there in Week One.
    • Word is Rams second-year QB Jeff Smoker is making huge strides and could challenge Jamie Martin for the backup role behind Marc Bulger.
    • We hear Rams second-year DE Anthony Hargrove, who finished with a flourish down the stretch last season, has picked up where he left off and has more than held his own going one-on-one against Pro Bowl OLT Orlando Pace in training-camp drills.
    After looking faster and catching the ball better than head coach Mike Martz remembered from his earlier stint with the Rams from 1998 through 2000, eight-year pro Roland Williams was named the team’s starting tight end ahead of incumbent Brandon Manumaleuna entering training camp. “I worked out in a special conditioning program in Tempe (Ariz.) and had a chance to improve my body,” Williams told PFW. “I also got married, and my life is a lot more peaceful. My body feels better, my mind feels better and I can’t wait to resume my career with the Rams.” Williams and Manumaleuna are both expected to see plenty of action together in two-TE sets, but Williams, who caught six TD passes for the Rams in their 1999 Super Bowl campaign, figures to be more active in the Rams’ high-octane passing game. “Whatever Mike Martz wants, I’ll do it,” Williams said. “I’ve never been a guy who’s caught up in having to start. We have a great offense with great receivers, and there’s only one ball to go around. I’m not looking to make plays; I’m looking to win.” Williams also said the Rams’ training camp, which has moved from unbearably muggy Macomb, Ill., to the friendly confines of Earth City, Mo., is “the best camp I’ve ever been a part of.”

psycho9985 Guest

Re: Rams Stuff from ProFootballWeekly

[quote=AvengerRam]
    • Word is Rams second-year QB Jeff Smoker is making huge strides and could challenge Jamie Martin for the backup role behind Marc Bulger.
    This I'm really glad to hear.Was it yesterday or the day before I heard quotes about Smoker cant pick up the system Fitzpatrick is way ahead of him,and Martz has lost his Patients with him.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Yes, you heard that Psycho, which leads me to believe PFW is a bit behind in their news.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Ah the smoke screen thaat is training camp