Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Ntchwaidumela is offline Registered User

Re: Rams sue Pats for 100 million!!

Hey Mr. McMahon,

The NFL are pinching your XFL idea....

Tampa_Ram is offline Registered User

maybe this might make Spectur look a little deeper? I just want the patsies exposed for there cheating ways.

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    We have been talking about this for years. I was at the Pittsburgh Patriots playoff game that year and that loss never felt right to me either. I am sure the Raiders fans are still bitter about their loss due to the tuck rule. That year with the 9/11 attacks was a strange year for football and the media certainly loved having the Patriots win the Super Bowl. How lovely, and patriotic, and symbolic of a country that would overcome adversity.

I understand your desire to have the 2001 explained. You say "I will feel somewhat vindicated because deep down I (& most of us I think) knew something wasn't right with that game (besides the horrible officiating) but I couldn't put my finger on it, so was I just crazy, or was I right?" Now it appears that we have bad officiating and illegal taping of critical items to help the patriots win that game. You and lots of other fans can feel vindicated.

Unfortunately, this video taping issue involves every year since then and many other teams that have lost to the Patriots in the playoffs and in the Super Bowl. How do you think the Panthers fans and the Eagles fans are going to feel about their losses in the Super Bowl by 3 points for each game? They are not going to be happy. These were close games and an illegal tape could have made the difference in all of New England’s Super Bowl wins. This shakes the foundation of the NFL. It is not just about one year now. It is not just about the Rams now. I wish the Panthers would have won the Super Bowl in 2004. The playoff game that we played against them was a great game. That game is stuck in my memory as a nail biter and it was so frustrating to lose to them in OT, but nothing felt strange about their win. I cheered for them to win the Super Bowl that year.

You are right about Goodell not handling this well so far since all he has done is slap the Patriots hands with some minor penalties and then try to call the issue closed by destroying the evidence. Tagliabue may have had a hand in ignoring the possibility of unfair advantages as well.

Yes we can feel happy to know something was not right in 2001, but I was not prepared to think about years of corrupt behavior in a sport that I dearly love to watch.
    In another thread I already said that I wonder if the Eagles and Panthers got screwed also. It seems that everyone has been screwed by the Pats since this taping has been going on, so don't get me wrong this isn't just about 2001 for me. I want it all exposed because I want the sport I love cleaned up and rid of this nonsense. If you can't win without taping the other team illegally then get out of the league.

Right when the Pats got busted Week 1 taping against the Jets it wasn't hard to figure out that this wasn't the first time the Pats had been doing that. So how long had it been going on, well my first thoughts were back to 2001, because something wasn't right there. The Raiders got screwed by the "tuck rule" and we got screwed by the refs, illegal taping of signals, and now probably illegal taping of our Superbowl walkthrough. So I have been dealing and now have dealt with it since Week 1 of last season. You haven't from what I gather so fair enough. I guess I'm past the part of wondering if it was corrupt and now I just want answers.

So as much as it might hurt to find out that the Belicheat years and parts of the NFL may have been dirty but I would rather see it cleaned up now than have it continue.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I see your point about getting it cleaned up Ramsbruce. Most of the time I try to ignore the past, because you get nowhere in thinking about things that can't be changed. In this case, I do hope that someone in power looks into this and sets the record straight.

I still have to wonder if the officials call fair games, or play favorites for certain teams, but we have not heard anything to prove or disprove that. At least the NFL now has a discussion of all the questionable calls each week to hopefully hold them accountable for their actions.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

ramsbruce is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by UtterBlitz View Post
    I see your point about getting it cleaned up Ramsbruce. Most of the time I try to ignore the past, because you get nowhere in thinking about things that can't be changed. In this case, I do hope that someone in power looks into this and sets the record straight.

I still have to wonder if the officials call fair games, or play favorites for certain teams, but we have not heard anything to prove or disprove that. At least the NFL now has a discussion of all the questionable calls each week to hopefully hold them accountable for their actions.
    There is no way to know about the officials (unless something comes out like in the NBA) so that's something I don't think too much about because who knows. I suspect at times there are some shady things going on, our 2001 Superbowl is one of those times but if I start focusing on officiating all of the time I lose the enjoyment of watching the NFL. Now that the taping has come out, and also the taping of walkthroughs and whatever else the Pats taped is coming out I want it cleaned up so I can keep enjoying the NFL. Cleaning up one thing at a time fully is what we need to keep enjoying the NFL.

The NFL have discussed questionable calls for years, it's not new. It's just now that we have the NFL Network who put it on TV because they need to fill time. So appeals being sent to the league by teams about specific calls has been going on for years.
    Last edited by ramsbruce; -02-17-2008 at 01:17 AM.
    BRUUUUUUUUCE

PARamfan is offline Registered User

The first question I had when I read this is Who the heck is Willie Gary???I don't remember him and I watched every game since 1996.

Keenum is offline Registered User

I know Gary is playing in the AFL now, and he's pretty good. Check out his Arena page:
    Willie Gary - ArenaFootball.com — The Official Web site of the Arena Football League AFL

Leads the Force in career tackles.

Ramer is offline Registered User

Patriots are cheaters. The whole world knows it but I don't see them ever being punished for it.

blood85 is offline Registered User

A return our 2nd banner, Lombardi Trophy and Rings would be nice for starters.

RealRam is online now Registered User

Well, granted -- chances are that not much will transpire from the NEPs being sued (at least as class actions go; it is a putative scenario), but I say again, it is...

A picture perfect SLAP ACROSS THE FACE
    of the so called dynasty!

Found this interesting article in the wee hours of Sunday morn (link at bottom).

BELICHICK SHOULD BE ASHAMED

KARMA'S GONNA GET YOU

Lee_Russakoff

Football is a microcosm of life. There are certainties in both. People don’t change. Mysterious cosmic forces pick the most opportune (and inopportune) times to exert themselves. And, just when you think you’ve figured it out, it throws you for a loop. Let’s take them one at a time.

Bill Belichick is a jackass. I don’t care how ugly a sweatshirt he wears, inside he’s always a bit uglier. And please, I don’t want to hear from his apologists.

It’s one thing to be standoffish with the press. I’d rather he be more open, or at least more congenial, with a group of people just trying to do their jobs. But his job isn’t to make other people’s work easier. If he were a more magnanimous person, he might give the press a little bit more. Still, I never killed him for that…although I always suspected he enjoyed toying with reporters a little too much.

And I never killed him for running up the score in the beginning of the season. Is it the “classy” thing to do? No. But you are dealing with professional football players. If you don’t want an opponent running up the score on you, stop them.

However, the latest iteration of ‘Spygate’—the allegation that the Patriots may have surreptitiously taped the Rams’ Super Bowl walkthrough in ’02—and his behavior at the end of the Giants loss are both over the top.

Bill Belichick is a great football coach. But he is being exposed as a terrible person.

First of all, taping the Rams’ walkthrough? Where is the honor in that? How can you take pride in a Super Bowl win if you are cheating like that? How can you ever know if you earned it on the field?

When Belichick was just taping signal calls, people dismissed it with an “everybody does it” logic. But “everybody” doesn’t tape opposing walkthroughs.

And what’s to stop us from believing that he didn’t tape the Panthers’ and Eagles’ Super Bowl walkthroughs? If the Pats knew the Rams red zone plays, that certainly gave them an unfair advantage. But to Bill, a man with no moral line, spying is just an extension of scouting.

And then there’s last night.

What level of classlessness do you have to have to leave your team out there alone for the final play? It goes to show you, you don’t need character to make it to the top of any profession. But once you are up there, expect karma to give you a few whacks for all the people you mistreated along the way. Which brings us to…

Cosmic Forces

Sometimes things work out as they should. Not always. But sometimes.

The Giants didn’t have to play all their starters in Week 17—they had guys who could have used the rest. But they did the honorable thing and took the Pats to the wire.

The Patriots didn’t need to run up the score in all those early games—they could have sat on the ball and not rubbed it in. But they said screw it. They needed to prove no one was good enough to stop them.

I knew I shouldn’t have bet the farm on Ben Watson to score the first touchdown of the game—nobody beats the house in the long run (plus it’s illegal to gamble). But I had a feeling Watson would be an early red zone target, and I had to take a (hypothetical) shot.

Super Bowl XLII gave all three of us exactly what we deserved. The Giants gained confidence from Week 17 and rode that feeling on an improbable run to the Lombardi Trophy. The Patriots got their comeuppance for bullying the rest of the NFL. And I was reminded that I’m an idiot when Antonio Pierce’s interference in the end zone broke up Watson’s chance at the first touchdown.

Which brings us to…

Just When You Think You’ve Figured Things Out

Mea Culpa Part Deux? Giants fans, you were right, I was wrong…again. I invited some of our more rabid Big Blue faithful to write their own “Hail to the G-Men” column in this space. As many of you have pointed out, I have been wrong about this Giants team from the start…and I shouldn’t be the guy writing about them. Hopefully, someone takes me up on it. If ever there was a time to gloat...

In the meantime, I can talk about what nobody expected:

David Tyree—a guy dropping ball after ball in practice—made the two biggest catches in the game.

Eli Manning—a man who hasn’t broken out of a tackle since Peewee—spun out of the grasp of Jarvis Green and Richard Seymour so that he could throw the ball up to Tyree. Which led to the great Tommy Boy moment of the Mannings' lifetimes: "Brothers don't shake hands...brothers gotta hug!"

Jared Lorenzen—a man who looks like he ate Jesse Palmer to win a roster spot—now has a Super Bowl ring.

The Patriots’ offensive line—all year it has given Tom Brady the Paleozoic Era to throw the ball—looked like Winston Justice.

Rodney Harrison—came into this game looking to put a period on a stellar career—left it on the short end of the two biggest plays of the game (the Boss and Tyree catches) and looked mighty old.

The Giants—with a “lesser” Manning, with a supposedly weak secondary, and without last year’s two biggest stars—took down a team vying to be "the best team of all time".

Source: Karma's Gonna Get You - Russakoff Rules - Comcast.net Community Forums
    Last edited by RealRam; -02-17-2008 at 08:43 PM. Reason: Deleted side note from article

nice find and just about sums it up for me

RealRam is online now Registered User

A few days ago on NFLN I saw a short interview where La'Roi Glover answered -- clearly in the affirmative -- the question on whether he thought the Pats taping the Rams walkthrough would have made a difference on the outcome of the game.

I realize the majority of the Rams players have let go of this situation, mostly and simply because they weren't there. But it is nevertheless intriguing to delve into the legalities of this ordeal by the New England Paynots.

ramsanddodgers is offline Registered User

Excellent find, thanks for posting it!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

LinkBacks (?)

1. -02-15-2008, 07:44 PM