RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Rams | T. Hill working like he has to win a roster spot

Rams | T. Hill working like he has to win a roster spot
    Sun, 11 Jun 2006 15:58:09 -0700

R.B. Fallstrom, of the Associated Press, reports St. Louis Rams rookie CB Tye Hill is working like he has to earn a roster spot as opposed to someone who has a guaranteed spot. The rookie cornerback was on the field after the final minicamp ended on Sunday, June 11, working on his ball skills. "I'm the first-round pick, so my expectation level is going to be higher than say a seventh-rounder or undrafted free agent," Hill said. "They tell me to keep working, and work when nobody's even watching. That's the reason I'm still out there catching balls." The biggest difference for Hill in the third minicamp was his conditioning. After two earlier minicamps plus OTAs, or organized team activities, he's in great shape. Hill is in a battle for a starting job with CBs Travis Fisher, Jerametrius Butler and Fakhir Brown. Hill said it was important to avoid a holdout and hit the ground running with the rest of the team in training camp.

Rams | Team has three OTAs remaining
    Sun, 11 Jun 2006 15:52:27 -0700

R.B. Fallstrom, of the Associated Press, reports the St. Louis Rams wrapped up their three-day minicamp Sunday, June 11. They have three more organized team activities remaining before training camp. The OTAs are set for Tuesday through Thursday, June 13-15.

Rams | Rain forces team indoors
    Sun, 11 Jun 2006 15:51:26 -0700

R.B. Fallstrom, of the Associated Press, reports heavy rain forced the St. Louis Rams to move Sunday's final workout, June 11, to the indoor facility. "It's a little tight quarters, but it's better than a lot of places where I've been where you don't have anywhere to go," head coach Scott Linehan said.

Wow! You have got to love that kids attitude, he knows he has high expectations and he is working on improving. That is so outstanding and so great for him to do! Way to go Tye!

RamsFan16

rams_fan81 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams | T. Hill working like he has to win a roster spot

Yeah thats a good thing he didn't come in and take it easy expecting to get a starting role because, if he did then when the rosters are posted he's going to be on the bench.

RealRam is offline Registered User

Re: Rams | T. Hill working like he has to win a roster spot

"Way to go Tye!" -- RF16 :up:

That's the right attitude, the right preparation for a 1st rounder. So glad he's listening to the Masters of the game who, ultimately, wish to help Hill get to the top.

:clanram: "Even when nobody is watching."