Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    viper is offline Registered User

Re: Rams talks breaking down with McDaniels

Quote Originally Posted by RamsInfiniti View Post
    It's over for McDaniels and the Rams. He's heading to Seattle. They have been talking to him since Monday, and they just fired Bates ....
    Per Rotoworld:

Seahawks can offense boss Bates; McD on deck?

Seahawks fired offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates. It's a shocking move -- and especially odd considering the timing. Bates schooled highly regarded Saints DC Gregg Williams in the Wild Card round playoff upset with a masterful game plan. The Seahawks offense was nothing special during the regular season, but Bates was working with a talent deficit at every offensive position. Reports are already surfacing that coach Pete Carroll will turn to Josh McDaniels. Bates may now be of interest to the Rams, Vikings, and Browns. Jan. 18 - 1:47 pm etSource: Michael Lombardi on Twitter

unorthodox1999 is offline Registered User

Lets take Bates.

Ram Mar Ram is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    Lets take Bates.
    replace OC of the rams that ranked one of the worst, with a OC ranked one of the worst last year as well. breaks out the smart move calculator ... "does not compute"

Rampingitup is offline Registered User

Since I do not like McDaniels or Childress I am not at all unhappy with this information. I don't have too much on an opinion on who else is available. But I do NOT like McDaniels or Childress.

Head hunt Mularky ... he'll either kill it in a good way or kill it in a bad way .. either way he's gonna kill it. McD's would have been fine, Childress also. just sign someone mag-nam-it.

most exciting off-season ever? ill start a poll

Quote Originally Posted by Ram Mar Ram View Post
    replace OC of the rams that ranked one of the worst, with a OC ranked one of the worst last year as well. breaks out the smart move calculator ... "does not compute"
    Sarcasm didn't compute either, did it?

delete ... ... ...
    Last edited by Ram Mar Ram; -01-18-2011 at 04:22 PM. Reason: message below

Quote Originally Posted by unorthodox1999 View Post
    Sarcasm didn't compute either, did it?
    sorry bro, i got it, was replying with sarcasm, didnt mean to offend.

"offers truce"

Fastcat is offline Registered User

If money was the only thing holding him back from signing with us, it would make sense the rams didn't sign him. What IF he was asking to be paid like a top flight oc. that could mean he possible coulda been asking to be paid more than spags. And that could be a problem... I know I don't get paid as much as my boss.... What about u?

No offense taken. But I agree about the exciting start to the offeseason. These guys are in no rush, and by now we should be used to the way they handle hiring/aquiring; They wont bend for no one.

AtlantaRamFan is offline Registered User

Yeah I think we should all wait for the details to come out. Perhaps the Rams wanted to pay him like a first time, bottom 1/3rd OC and he wanted average money..who knows? But my first reaction is "screw that guy" lol..The Rams are THE premier offseason OC position available. Coaches get a lot of credit and a lot of flack if it doesn't go well. The next decent OC the Rams have will be in a position to get a lot of credit, ala Pat Shumur getting credited with Bradfords rookie season. If it were me, I'd be jumping a the chance to coach here and not say, the Vikings. So lets find a qualified person who actually wants to be here..I'd throw my lot in with Atlanta's QB coach, but we'll see. I'm glad to know the Rams at least pursued McDaniels

On a side note, it would be really interesting seeing a Spags defense/McDaniels offense pitted against each other twice a week if the goes to Seattle.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

The timeline of events makes me wonder if they were caught off guard by the supposed breakdown with McDaniels.

It seems they kind of put all their eggs in his basket, scheduling an early weekend interview with him with vague talk of Childress the following week. No mention of any other connections.

Then, when things fell through, suddenly they were seeking out 3 other candidates from three other teams that really hadn't been in the picture.

Maybe this is all part of their plan. I hope they end up with a guy they're confident with and who can bring more growth to this offense.

I wasn't crazy about either McDaniels or Childress, but how things have played out so far at least gives the appearance that the Rams are kind of scrambling for some other options. I hope that's not the case.

robot is offline Registered User

I don't know about McDaniels but if he's a young OC coming from a head coaching job and wants to revive himself for the future, he'd better take this job. Sam Bradford will help make him become a top OC again or else he will suffer in Seattle with no quarterback. It will be the end of the road for him.

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Im not hurt we didnt get a deal thrashed out with McEGO, though nothing yet is set in stone. The process at Rams Park has been going quite well in my opinion, why rock the boat so early in this teams progression. Be it through this one man's wage demands, or his changing of offensive philosophy being a little too ostentacious for DeSpag's liking.?
    Whatever the reason for not hiring McDaniel's yet, it seems to me whoever we hire. We will still be in good hands regarding the future of our offense! I want this team built for the long haul, and it should'nt be all about the big names. I preferably would love a OC like Tom Moore of the Colts, someone for the long term.
    Brad Childress is someone who could do a job for the Rams.
    Getting the right players in through free agency and the draft is way more important than any OC.
    Last edited by GROUND DOG 39; -01-18-2011 at 07:09 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12