Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rams tattoo

mtmagpie is offline Registered User

Rams tattoo

So, I am a long-time lurker, and occasional poster here, and i need the clan's opinion. I am going in for my first tattoo and I want it to be a Rams piece, but I just can's decide what to go with. I have been a Rams fan my entire life (35 years) and I have fond memories of the 70s and 80s rams teams, but of course the 1999 season was remarkable as well. My first instinct is to go with the new logo, but if any of you already have tattoos or suggestions for a cool piece I am definitely open to suggestions before I get the ink. By the way, the tattoo will be on my upper arm and will probably be 4"-5". Thanks in advance! :l

ramsanddodgers is online now Registered User

Re: Rams tattoo

I am partial to the Blue/White but then I am OLD school (notice the emphasis on old).

You could do your avatar.. might be a bit much for only a 4 or 5" tat though?

RnD

GO RAMS!!
    RnD

GO RAMS!!

smizzhfx is offline Registered User

Get a portrait of Richie Incognito after those two straight penalties the length of your back. That would be epic.

mikhal5569 is offline Registered User

How about a close shot of Steven Jackson with the visor and all and maybe a silhouette of Marshall faulk in the background.

mtmagpie is offline Registered User

Thanks for the quick responses! I like the Stephen Jackson idea (especially because he is from my hometown and he graduated from the high school where I work), but I worry about the artist screwing up the portrait, and i think the dual portrait may be too much. I am considering the logo onmy avatar too, but I like the idea of the old blue and white unis as well. I am so torn I what I want...

LA Rammer is offline Registered User

Who in the heck is allowing Raider banners advertise on Clan Ram!!!
    LA RAMMER

It's Jim not Chris
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9HNgqQVHI_8

Quote Originally Posted by Facing-The-Giant View Post
    Rams Dystany is now 1999.
    -FTG
    One would hope you have the spelling correct on that tattoo. I want to see a picture of that.

RamWraith is offline Registered User

Many members have posted pics of theirs.

laram0- http://www.clanram.com/forums/galler...php?i=2232&c=6
    http://www.clanram.com/forums/galler...php?i=2231&c=6

Mine- http://www.clanram.com/forums/galler...php?i=1978&c=6

Dez- Can't find his images

**FTG--I too would love to see pictures of this tattoo, as I am itching for a new one.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

I actually have a fairly new one that I haven't posted yet. Another RAMS tat of course.

I prefer the logo or something along those lines instead of a player.

itsguud is offline Registered User

I'm not sure. I think if it were me I'd want something different... to me that would be a player.... and of course would have to be either Faulk, Holt or Bruce!

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

At the risk of being sacreligous, why would anyone get a permanent tattoo of any team they are not permanently attached to?

I can understand if a player spent their whole career with one team, maybe......but why would a fan do so?

Now, I'm not judging anybody who does have a Ram tat, it's your body, go for it. I'm just trying to understand why.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    At the risk of being sacreligous, why would anyone get a permanent tattoo of any team they are not permanently attached to?

Very simple answer. I am permanently attached to the RAMS and have been since 1965.

Time for you to step up or are you afraid of needles?

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    Very simple answer. I am permanently attached to the RAMS and have been since 1965.

Time for you to step up or are you afraid of needles?
    A) You're not permanently attached to the Rams. You're just a fan. All of us are just fans. And I say that in the most loving way possible. We're all just fans. Why take that to the level of body art? Again, not judging just curious.

B) No fear of needles. I've got a tat, and contemplating my next one. However, it is my own design that will forever be a part of who I am.......not a football team that I happen to cheer for.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

rams 24/7 is offline Registered User

I would get a tatoo of marshall faulk trying to stiff arm a defecesive rams legend jack youngblood if I were you, I know I am.

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    A) You're not permanently attached to the Rams. You're just a fan. All of us are just fans. And I say that in the most loving way possible. We're all just fans. Why take that to the level of body art? Again, not judging just curious.

B) No fear of needles. I've got a tat, and contemplating my next one. However, it is my own design that will forever be a part of who I am.......not a football team that I happen to cheer for.
    A) It's a great question and I'm not offended or defensive at all.

You're right, just a diehard fan and always will be. For me I always wanted a tat and a Rams tat was a no brainer for me. After getting that 1st tat I was hooked. So then came #2,3 and 4. All referring to the Rams. I'm sure it won't be long for #5.

B) I do cheer for the RAMS but it's more than that. I live and die with the RAMS. I am also a Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Dodgers diehard fan. The Lakers and Dodgers have won more than 1 title in their respective sports so the thunder isn't as loud as when the Rams won Superbowl XXXIV.

I would like to see your tat. Is it in the member gallery?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast