Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Rams tattoo

txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Rams tattoo

Quote Originally Posted by mtmagpie View Post
    Thanks for the quick responses! I like the Stephen Jackson idea (especially because he is from my hometown and he graduated from the high school where I work), but I worry about the artist screwing up the portrait, and i think the dual portrait may be too much. I am considering the logo onmy avatar too, but I like the idea of the old blue and white unis as well. I am so torn I what I want...

I don't know, I wouldn't want another man on my body at all....whatsoever.

However, Dez I'm sure has a few ideas.

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post
    A) It's a great question and I'm not offended or defensive at all.

You're right, just a diehard fan and always will be. For me I always wanted a tat and a Rams tat was a no brainer for me. After getting that 1st tat I was hooked. So then came #2,3 and 4. All referring to the Rams. I'm sure it won't be long for #5.

B) I do cheer for the RAMS but it's more than that. I live and die with the RAMS. I am also a Los Angeles Lakers and Los Angeles Dodgers diehard fan. The Lakers and Dodgers have won more than 1 title in their respective sports so the thunder isn't as loud as when the Rams won Superbowl XXXIV.

I would like to see your tat. Is it in the member gallery?
    Okay, my man, fair enough. I'd stand beside you and fight for your right to get any tat you want and as many as you want..........but I'm just not understanding it.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Giant I faced the same dilemma. I wanted to show respect to the old days, but I really like the new colors and logo. I ended up going for the new logo since represents the whole team and today's era. I like this ram better than the really old one and I didn't think the old blue and yellow helmet would apply anymore. I would have like to go blue and white, but being a redhead that's my natural skin tone anyway! I got the one in my avatar last year and I love it!

Show us when you get yours done!

Joe
    Last edited by MoonJoe; -04-12-2007 at 10:59 AM.

I ended up going for the new logo since represents the whole team and today's era. I like this ram better than the really old one and I didn't think the old blue and yellow helmet would apply anymore.
    So what happens when they change the colors in the next era, and then your tat colors don't apply?
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    So what happens when they change the colors in the next era, and then your tat colors don't apply?
    That's the reason I went with the black instead of colors.

nuts, you beat me to the answer

mtmagpie is offline Registered User

MoonJoe: I really like your tat, and that was what I was thinking. As for why I want a tat, and why it has to be a Rams tat, for me the answer is pretty simple.

I was born and raised in Southern California and my earliest memories were watching Rams games with my dad and grandpa in our living room. Three generation of our family cam together and bonded, and the common denominator was the Rams.
    Also, my first son was born in 2000 right after the Rams won the superbowl, and that was a watermark time in my life. again, another generation of my family has bonded through the Rams. I know some people would question the permanence of a tattoo, especially when I am "only" a fan, and not directly related to the team, but for me, being a Rams fan has more to do with family, both personal and extended through other fans, than anything else. :l

Quote Originally Posted by mtmagpie View Post
    MoonJoe: I really like your tat, and that was what I was thinking. As for why I want a tat, and why it has to be a Rams tat, for me the answer is pretty simple.

I was born and raised in Southern California and my earliest memories were watching Rams games with my dad and grandpa in our living room. Three generation of our family cam together and bonded, and the common denominator was the Rams.
    Also, my first son was born in 2000 right after the Rams won the superbowl, and that was a watermark time in my life. again, another generation of my family has bonded through the Rams. I know some people would question the permanence of a tattoo, especially when I am "only" a fan, and not directly related to the team, but for me, being a Rams fan has more to do with family, both personal and extended through other fans, than anything else. :l
    See, now THAT I can understand! When the Rams mean more than just the Rams (ie. the underlying bond of family), I see why you would want one. Go forth and ink, my friend.

MoonJoe is offline Ram MVP

Hubison if they did change colors it wouldn't matter to me, like I said I like that logo and that wont go away. I spent years trying to figure out which tat to get without even thinking of the Rams (Van Halen was the closest I came and I couldn't see doing that!). For some reason a Rams tat just never crossed my mind, because I thought a tat would have to have some deep spiritual, psychological meaning or a family tie like mtmagpie talks about and then it hit me, I have all of those links to the Rams and why not get it done. I grew up here in LA rooting for the RAMS too and when they left only considered for a second changing teams...but then I realized I hated everyone else so here I am.

I am the same as mtmagpie, they are more than just a team, they are an extension of who I am. I guess that's why fan is short for fanatic...

I like it too Mtmagpie!

UtterBlitz is offline Registered User

I would want something very personal, with emotional attachment if I were to get a tattoo, and nothing has called to me yet. It may happen, not sure.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

RamWraith is offline Registered User

My next tattoo will be of the '49er variety...maybe the logo...and I plan on getting it done right on my hind-end, some where between the vertical smile and far right, the meatest part . And every time I pull down my pants I can think about how all the whiners fans can kiss my a**.

Just kidding...it is fun to dream though...

mtmagpie is offline Registered User

I made my appointment with the artist tonight. He is booked for a month, but I will be sure to post the results. Thank you all for the input!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12