throwback week

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    STLRAMSFAN Guest

Rams | Team could turn to M. Williams

NEW Article
    Rams | Team could turn to M. Williams
    Sat, 22 Jul 2006 15:18:21 -0700

Nick Wagoner, of StLouisRams.com, reports there has been some talk the St. Louis Rams could turn to another former Minnesota Vikings running back, free agent RB Moe Williams (Vikings) as a potential No. 2 running back now that RB Marshall Faulk (knee) is done for the 2006 season.

OLD Article back on May31st
    Rams | Team visits with M. Williams
    Wed, 31 May 2006 17:56:58 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports the St. Louis Rams visited with free agent RB Moe Williams (Vikings) Wednesday, May 31. Rams head coach Scott Linehan knows Williams' skills from their days together in Minnesota, and now he is interested in having them in St. Louis.
    Last edited by STLRAMSFAN; -07-22-2006 at 08:10 PM.

RamsFan4ever is offline Registered User

Re: Rams | Team could turn to M. Williams

I hope we dont get Moe Williams, He had 20 yards last year on 13 attempets! That averages 1.5 yards per carry.

I really hope that we get Micheal Bennett instead of Moe Williams. Bennett ran for 473 yards on 126 attempts and averages 3.8 yards per carry.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

So nearly two months after Williams visited with the Rams in May, we've come full circle and are once again considering him. He doesn't have the top-end speed that a guy like Bennett does, but he does have good quickness and is a fairly good receiver. Most importantly, he's worked with Linehan before so he's got an "in" that most guys in the running for this job don't.

Quote Originally Posted by RamsFan4ever
    I hope we dont get Moe Williams, He had 20 yards last year on 13 attempets! That averages 1.5 yards per carry.

I really hope that we get Micheal Bennett instead of Moe Williams. Bennett ran for 473 yards on 126 attempts and averages 3.8 yards per carry.
    Stats hardly tell the whole story. Using stats as the primary (and in your case here the only) factor is a big mistake.

If you want to use stats though, look back to the previous year. Williams had a better ypc average and more touchdowns than both Bennett and Onterrio Smith.

If I got a "C" in Biology, you don't say I'm C-student without looking at the rest of my grades, right? So why would you rather have Bennett than Williams based simply on ypc from last year?

There's more to football than stats. Yes, they're good to use. But don't base your entire point on them.
    Last edited by Nick; -07-22-2006 at 08:28 PM.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

STLRAMSFAN Guest

I am not real thrilled with him either. He will be 32 years old on Wed. and was limited last year by injuries. He only played in 6 games last year. His upside is he is a good receiving RB and in 2003 he had 1389 all purpose yards with 5 TDs and he had 11 TDs in 2002. I would still prefer to try to find a better option.

rams#1 Guest

we could do better than moe williams, I dont want marijuana smokers on the team.

general counsel is offline Registered User

You cant compare williams to bennett. Bennett is going to cost at least a #4 and maybe a #3. williams will cost nothing. I am not saying i wouldnt pay for bennett, just pointing out that the comparison is not apples to apples.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

ramsplaya16 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by rams#1
    I dont want marijuana smokers on the team.
    claude wroten?
    Built RAM tough

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel
    You cant compare williams to bennett. Bennett is going to cost at least a #4 and maybe a #3. williams will cost nothing. I am not saying i wouldnt pay for bennett, just pointing out that the comparison is not apples to apples.

ramming speed to all

general counsel
    That...and also, I have faith in our new Head Coach. So, if Linehan wants this guy, there's obviously a reason (whether it be because its cheap, or because he knows of the guy's potential). So I'm backing our head coach all the way on any upcoming decisions he'll be making in the future...

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

RAMarkable is offline Registered User

Unfortunately, guys, we may have to go for both. Fisher is certainly not a sure thing and Jackson has had his share of injuries. I never thought I'd say it but I miss Arlen Harris already.

WHAT SAY YE?

we could do better than moe williams, I dont want marijuana smokers on the team.
    When has Moe been involved in marijuana?

rams#1 Guest

wasn't he the one that got caught with the drug purifier, at the airport. or was that somebody else?

wasn't he the one that got caught with the drug purifier, at the airport. or was that somebody else?
    No, that was Onterrio Smith.

rams#1 Guest

ahh man my bad, I get confused sometimes.

moklerman Guest

What IS the deal with Tony Fisher? I thought he'd looked good in limited playing time with Green Bay. I admit, I'm leary of Steven Jackson's durability and a running style that involves taking punishment but I thought the Rams picked up Fisher to fill the void at #2 in case Faulk couldn't go or SJ got hurt.

RamsFan16 Guest

I used to be thrilled but am not anymore. We need a change of pace back, not another power back like Jackson.

We need a guy that can get to the outside and go. Kind of like the Steelers had last year with Bettis the power and Willie Parker the speedy guy. Let Jackson batter them on the first and second downs or wait until later in the drive when the D is tired and put in our speedy man and let him break one deep.

Lets pass on Williams.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast