Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: Rams Team Report/Interesting Numbers, Notes & Quotes

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    Yes, Bulger is the present....for now. If he gets a win in Washington that will extremely help the cause. However, if he goes let's say 0-4 I don't see him starting another game for awhile.
    Allright, partner.....name your terms, I'll take the friendly wager.

"Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

txramsfan is offline Registered User

You honestly think that even if the Rams are lets say 0-6, you still stick with Bulger? Really? Hey, I hope it doesn't come to that. A win this week in Washington settles this stuff down some. And I am with you, Bulger gives the Rams the best chance to win. However, I've watched enough football to know that coaches yank the QB to shake up the team. Here's what the Rams really need to do.

1. Robinson, if the freakin ball hits your fingers.....catch it.
    2. Cogs, stop being an arse and look at what benefits this team more.
    3. McMichael, play like you did in Miami.
    4.l Avery, get the heck open.

That would go a long way to solve all this Bulger crap, but I think he's the sacrificial lamb (no pun intended) if the above items don't transpire.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

I really do think that he will go to Boller. He'll do it to shake up the team.
    I don't see it happening. This is a move Linehan makes in year three to try and spark something because he has nothing left in the tank to save him. It's not the kind of move Spags makes four games into his head coaching career. He's not that desperate, nor should he be.

If anything, keeping Bulger in the line-up all season will give them a full season's worth of film to use when evaluating whether to keep Bulger in 2010.

MauiRam is online now Pro Bowl Ram

Yes, Bulger is the present....for now. If he gets a win in Washington that will extremely help the cause. However, if he goes let's say 0-4 I don't see him starting another game for awhile.
    Gosh Tx! It's not like you to be so optimistic. I had to pinch myself .. Do you really think Marc can go 4 games in a row without being sidelined with an injury?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

I could understand sitting Bulger if he was making bad decisions, causing turnovers and looking out of sync, but that is not the case. If he continues to work like he did against Seattle, things are going to turn and the support he needs will come around. Spags knows this and knows it is not in his best interest to play musical chairs with his QB's.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

I hope everyone is right and my premise is wrong....I really do. Hey Maui, that made me laugh so hard that fortunately I didn't have my mountain dew yet or a new monitor would be in order.

eldfan is offline Registered User

I agree with all the sarcastic remarks about Bulger but one thing is certain, he'll have to start making plays with this personnel or something will happen. Will it be fair? Probably not but QB's are mainly graded on W's and L's. Bulger hasn't been a winning QB in awhile. It's not his fault specifically but the QB is more than hero and more the goat than anyone. Eventually, he will have to rise above all the Cog crap, all the Bell whiffs, all the late play calling and make some plays himself. If he doesn't the Rams will go in a different direction quickly.
    I agree TX if the O keeps on struggling something has to happen. We are not even close to that yet. But the clock is ticking on Bulger right or wrong if the O keeps on have problem putting points on the board and the losses keep mounting a change has to happen. Spags has been cleaning house of players I donít think he will stop sweeping with Bulger. Bottom line is wins. Maybe next year will be the time maybe not but if fans quit coming to games because of mounting losses and we got 30,000 fans at a 66,000 seat stadium. Money talks change will be coming you can bank on that.
    :ramlogo:

ScottD413 is offline Registered User

Bulger's fault or not, he isn't getting any younger. If we get a top 5 draft choice next year, I think we'll be drafting Bradford or McCoy.

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Spags has made alot of changes concerning our team so nothing would surprise me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12