r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Rams Team Repost - Oct 8

Rams Team Report
    Yahoo! Sports - 9 hours, 4 minutes ago
    Inside Slant

The Rams are 0-4 for the third straight season. They have lost 15 of their last 17 home games. They are 5-31 since the start of the 2007 season.

And the Minnesota Vikings are coming to town this weekend with a 4-0 record, fresh off a Monday night win over the Green Bay Packers.

That doesn't bode well for a team ranked 30th in offense, going against a team ranked 11th on defense and that sacked Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers eight times on Monday.

The Rams' defense has shown some life, but will face quarterback Brett Favre and running back Adrian Peterson Sunday.

While coach Steve Spagnuolo has taken a consistent approach of concentrating only on the game at hand, the team is facing a difficult road once again. And the players have started preaching patience to the fans.

"I'm asking our fans to be patient," nose tackle Clifton Ryan said. "I'm asking you guys in the media to be patient. We can't turn it around overnight. It's going to be a work in progress.

"When the Rams first got here they won the Super Bowl and went to two Super Bowls - a lot of success in their first 10 years. I think our fans and the media got real spoiled.

"But we're going to get it back because we've got a lot of young guys dedicated to getting this show back on the road, and getting this franchise back to being one of the top franchises in this league."

Ryan was named a defensive captain for this week's game and has been a bright spot on what appears to be an improving defense.

He added, "It hurts me, and it hurts all these guys to lose 14 straight. Because we work real hard and we take pride in the product we put on the field. I don't want you guys to think that this is not important to us. It's very important to us. We're hurting inside.

"We deserve so much more, as a team, as a city, and as a franchise. Because we put a lot of hard work and dedication into playing each and every Sunday."

The Rams opened practice Wednesday with quarterback Kyle Boller taking snaps with the first unit. Marc Bulger, who suffered a bruised rotator cuff against Green Bay Sept. 27 threw in practice Wednesday, but only short passes.

Unless Bulger can open things up Thursday and Friday, Boller will likely get the call.

Spagnuolo says the team just has to execute the offense, Asked if the offensive approach will be different this week, Spagnuolo said, "I don't think so. I don't think you can do that - you stop bailing out on things like that. We believe in the system, we believe in the coaches, we believe in the players, we believe in each other, and if you stick with that, some things eventually will turn. I don't know any other way."

SERIES HISTORY: 34th regular-season meeting. Vikings lead, 17-14-2. The Rams have won three of the last four games in the series, but the last game in St. Louis was 2003. In their three wins, the Rams scored at least 40 points.

RamsFan16 is offline Registered User

Re: Rams Team Repost - Oct 8

I love Clifton Ryan, one of my favorite Rams players. He's had a good season so far, he's made a few nice plays and been stout in the run. I've talked to him a few times this year, great guy!
    RamsFan16

Mooselini is offline Registered User

Clifton Ryan is such a great person. As 16 says, he's made a few good plays and has had a solid season.

He understands we won't turn it around over night. We weren't in the position financially to do so. It's rebuilding time guys. We gotta watch our mansion be built. And we are getting a great glimpse of this:

Defense has been playing great. These blow outs were not because the defense, but because the offense can't execute. We get a huge test this week against the powerful Vikings team. Let's see the first half performance. Chances are they're gonna run up the scoreboard in the second half because the defense has been on for a long time.

But regardless, I think anyone can agree that our defense looks very solid right now. We have many young center pieces to this defense that we can build around.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Devaney, if you care about this team... fire the offensive coordinator!!!!

laram0 is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by r8rh8rmike View Post
    Rams Team Report
    Yahoo! Sports - 9 hours, 4 minutes ago
    Inside Slant

"I'm asking our fans to be patient," nose tackle Clifton Ryan said. "I'm asking you guys in the media to be patient. We can't turn it around overnight. It's going to be a work in progress.

"When the Rams first got here they won the Super Bowl and went to two Super Bowls - a lot of success in their first 10 years. I think our fans and the media got real spoiled.
    Be patient? For how many more years?

I'm not so sure spoiled is the right word at this point. Falling from the top of the mountain to the very bottom is unacceptable. 3 wins, 2 wins and now holding the longest losing streak in the NFL has nothing to do with being spoiled.

Is being competitive to much to ask?

RealRam is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by LARAM0 View Post

Is being competitive too much to ask?
    Being competitive -- a competitive team -- is the least we can ask and expect of the Rams!

Besides, while I appreciate Ryan's plea, it concerns me a little that that 'waiting' mentality may be creeping into the minds of some players. I'd rather think and trust it won't, of course. I want to think that the Rams are EAGER to get it together NOW.

Obviously there's a sense of urgency to win, mingled with a feeling of pain in every Ram.

Thus in Coach Spags I trust.

rNemesis is offline Registered User

[QUOTE=laram0;309912]Be patient? For how many more years?

Thats what I wanna know!!! I know a team goes through some rough times, I mean but come on now. How much longer is this team gonna be losing?

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

[QUOTE=rNemesis;309918]
    Quote Originally Posted by laram0 View Post

Thats what I wanna know!!! I know a team goes through some rough times, I mean but come on now. How much longer is this team gonna be losing?
    A year or two as far as the big picture most likely. Spags and Devaney are only getting started on a LONG reclamation project.

UK Ramfan 83 is offline Registered User

SPAGS "...I don't know any other way."

Translated "..I don't know any other plays"

ramhard is offline Registered User

Wow- 0-4 for three straight

The most shocking thing is that I didn't realize the Rams have gone 0-4 the last three years. That means that the season has been over from the start, with little to no hope. It also means that the team hasn't even been competitive for three straight years. People laugh at the Raiders and the Lions, but I doubt any other team has been 0-4 for the last 4 years. The Rams are a laughing stock!

GROUND DOG 39 is offline Registered User

Re: Wow- 0-4 for three straight

Quote Originally Posted by ramhard View Post
    The most shocking thing is that I didn't realize the Rams have gone 0-4 the last three years. That means that the season has been over from the start, with little to no hope. It also means that the team hasn't even been competitive for three straight years. People laugh at the Raiders and the Lions, but I doubt any other team has been 0-4 for the last 4 years. The Rams are a laughing stock!
    I have to agree, its become embarrasing.The offense is unbelievable- Devaneys drafts and free agent moves look average at best, Im beginning to lose faith in the coach also.
    Its becoming very hard to defend these guys, I do like the way the defense is playing,
    but that poor offense just takes everything away from the D's efforts.
    This recieving core is the NFL's all-time worst- I feel sorry for S>JACKSON WHO IN MY OPINION IS THE BEST ALL-ROUND BACK IN THE NFL??

Warner4prez is offline Registered User

These guys are bringing in legit talent. 2 or 3 years ago, you could have said that the Saints had the worst WR corps in the league. Lest we forget Colston (A 7th rounder) and the likes of Lance Moore(?) as well as a few other no namers like the great Robert Meachem and Devry Henderson turned it around with Drew Brees.

Tell me that's big name talent. It just takes time for a team to find it's groove. The Rams seen a hell of a lot of turn over with this roster this year and rid themselves of a lot of dead weight. We won't see anymore tired vets like Dante Hall or Corey Chavous and no more over paid schlubs like Drew Bennet.

Spags and Devaney know what good football players look like and they will build this team the right way from the ground up.

RebelYell is offline Registered User

I'm not so sure spoiled is the right word at this point. Falling from the top of the mountain to the very bottom is unacceptable. 3 wins, 2 wins and now holding the longest losing streak in the NFL has nothing to do with being spoiled.

It's 4 games into a complete overhaul of the franchise from top to bottom. Spags and his crew aren't responsible for the previous failures.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

The Rams arent competitive? As far as I remember the Rams were one fumble away from beating Washington and against the Niners, despite having no offense, the team was one special team play away from going into half term level.

This team might lose games, they might not have the talent to win, but they are competitive

jcook is offline Registered User

does anybody think the invisible man aka chris long will appear during the vikings game?