Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    .ramfan. is offline Registered User

Rams | Team to visit with McGinnest?

Rams | Team to visit with McGinnest?
    Fri, 10 Mar 2006 20:10:51 -0800

Jim Thomas, of the St. Louis Post-Dispatch, reports free agent LB Willie McGinnest(Patriots) Will visit with the St. Louis Rams this weekend, according to multiple sources.

RamsFan16 Guest

Re: Rams | Team to visit with McGinnest?

Wow. I would love him to come in for a reasonable contract. He is getting old but he has been a 3-4 LB which means he hasn't taken a big beating. I hope we can work something out.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Not sure I'm interested unless it's close to the vet minimum. It'd be one thing if we're definitely making the switch to the 3-4. But right now, it seems like it's only going to be a sub package now and then. Which means McGinest is a situational player, and I don't want to spend a lot of money on someone for that role.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

RamJackson39 Guest

I would sign him cheap, probably a 2 or 3 year deal. If he asks for more than 2-3 million in the first year, I wouldnt waste my time.

Rip32 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Nick
    Not sure I'm interested unless it's close to the vet minimum. It'd be one thing if we're definitely making the switch to the 3-4. But right now, it seems like it's only going to be a sub package now and then. Which means McGinest is a situational player, and I don't want to spend a lot of money on someone for that role.
    Exactly I would rather spend the money on somone who is going to play every down and I would like us to go after some younger free agents we dont have to opt for 30+ aged players.

ramsbruce is online now Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by Rip32
    Exactly I would rather spend the money on somone who is going to play every down and I would like us to go after some younger free agents we dont have to opt for 30+ aged players.
    I have to agree with Nick and Rip.
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsbruce
    Some of the excuses made for Jared Cook are laughable.

general counsel is online now Registered User

paying this guy anywhere in the neighborhood of 2 million let alone 3 mill makes no sense to me. we had a legit discussion on this board for months about whether to pay ryan pickett, a 27 year old defensive tackle that LED THE NFL IN TACKLES at his position last year 4 million per year. This guy is not in the same hemisphere of value as pickett. vet minimum with a little bonus money. sure. excellent leadership etc. but only on the cheap.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

Varg6 is offline Registered User

at this point, I am (for once) actually really happy with a lot of the decisions we're making. If they sign this guy, it'll be the price the Rams want to sign him at obviously, and it'll be at a comfortable one for us. I think we're doing a lot of good things right now, keep it up guys.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Jeff 8513 Guest

McGinnest??? What an addition he would make to a defense that is already looking 100% better!
    Now, hopefully we won't forget about our special teams. A few key additions there, and we are set!

RAMMAN68 is offline Registered User

I would much rather have the RAMS resign Pickett rather than signing McGinnest.
    JUST WIN ONE FOR THE FANS

"HIT HARD, HIT FAST, AND HIT OFTEN"
    Adm. William "Bull" Halsey

GameTime Guest

Has Cory Chavous had any health problems in his career? It does concern me signing a 30 yr old to a five year deal. I just hate having dead money and if this guy plays two years and his play diminishes, we might be looking at some.

Any thoughts?

GameTime Guest

Has Cory Chavous had any health problems in his career? It does concern me signing a 30 yr old to a five year deal. I just hate having dead money and if this guy plays two years and his play diminishes, we might be looking at some.

Any thoughts?

Rambos is offline Registered User

Has Cory Chavous had any health problems in his career?
    Chavous, an eight-year veteran, spent the past four seasons with Minnesota, starting all 64 regular-season games. During those four years, he had 399 tackles, 14 interceptions, 41 pass breakups, forced one fumble and made one fumble recovery.

Fat Pang is offline Registered User

I'm not sold on the value of bringing in McGinest. We'll probably pay way over the odds for a situational pass rusher.

sbramfan Guest

I don't want any players from the Patriots. Well, at least not any of their has-beens.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast