Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Revelstoke is offline Registered User

RAMS: They like tight ends

Who ever came up with this headline should give their head a shake!

Don't they read these things before they put them up?

Brutal!

Found it on foxsports.com

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/teamRep...pe=InsideSlant

"There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Re: RAMS: They like tight ends

Said McMichael, "I'm excited. I made a special bond with Scott when he was in Miami. I talked just to him and he's excited, too. I think this is going to escalate my numbers to another level.
    Is it just me, or does this quote worry anybody else? I don't want to hear how excited he is about "his numbers". I want to hear how excited he is about raising the Rams to the next level.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

itsguud is offline Registered User

Oh yeah, its definitly a comment that we should be somewhat concerned about. Hopefully it was just a slip up by him and he actually didn't mean it!

Revelstoke is offline Registered User

I think hes crazy to expect being in St. Louis will increase his numbers.

With three quality wide outs, a back whos capable of catching 90+ and a second year guy in Joe K, theres no way Randy catches more passes than at any other point in his career.
    "There's only one way to succeed in anything, and that is to give it everything. I do, and I demand that my players do."
    - Vince Lombardi

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by HUbison View Post
    Is it just me, or does this quote worry anybody else? I don't want to hear how excited he is about "his numbers". I want to hear how excited he is about raising the Rams to the next level.
    I can see why you would be worried but I think its just the fact that he knows he is one of the best tight ends in the league. I think all he meant was his game will be higher because he was with Linehan where he loves using tight ends. It does definitely worry me that he didn't say anything about how he wants his team to do better, but I'm just going to think of it as how it more than likely is: He is excited to get back with the offensive coordinator that made him a better player. I think that is all he meant, I don't think it was a selfish type of thing.

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

HUbison is offline Superbowl MVP

Here's to hoping you're right, Varg.
    "Before the gates of excellence the high gods have placed sweat; long is the road thereto and rough and steep at first; but when the heights are reached, then there is ease, though grievously hard in the winning." --- Hesiod

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Said McMichael, "I'm excited. I made a special bond with Scott when he was in Miami. I talked just to him and he's excited, too. I think this is going to escalate my numbers to another level.
    Hopefully he's talking about his touchdown numbers.

tomahawk247 is offline Registered User

I dont care if he has a dodgy attitude, as long as he stays out of trouble as a Ram and puts the numbers up that push us to the next level

general counsel is offline Registered User

This was discussed in massive detail on a prior mcmichael thread. Proper credit goes to biggame for first raising the issue on the quote regarding mcmichaels numbers. I am also of the view that the quote isnt a great one.

ramming speed to all

general counsel

RAM-BO is offline Registered User

I don't think he is necessarily saying he expects to get more catches, I think he means more yards with the catches that he does get, and more touchdowns with those catches. I am sure he should get about the same amount of catches, but he expects to produce more with catches staying steady.

BigGame is offline Registered User

Quote Originally Posted by general counsel View Post
    This was discussed in massive detail on a prior mcmichael thread. Proper credit goes to biggame for first raising the issue on the quote regarding mcmichaels numbers. I am also of the view that the quote isnt a great one.
    Why thank you.

What is strange is that our disapproval of McMichael's quote seemed the minority in the other thread.

txramsfan is offline Registered User

No HUb, it doesn't bother me because I think we are taking what he said out of context. To me, he's referring to the fact that he has played for Linehan before and knows what Linehan can do to utilize him in the passing game. That's all.

To McMichaels benefit, he went on to say this:

"To play with (quarterback) Marc Bulger and guys like (wide receiver) Torry Holt and (running back) Steven Jackson is going to be great. We'll have all sort of weapons and adding me will make up for any of the missing pieces of that offense."

So to me, he is saying that he wants to help the Rams make it to the other leverl. He said by adding me will make up any missing pieces to the offense.

RealRam is offline Registered User

It seems like you have the right interpretation, TX.

Funny how we've been dwelling on this famous / infamous McMichael "quote".

I too am willing to give RM the benefit of doubt in this comment of his and, again, adding or, rather, taking into account the subsequent observation he made on current Ram QB, WRs and Jax, it sounds like Randy has the right intention but, certainly, not the right ability or gift to express it without sounding potentially selfish. And that's common among many athletes, IMO. Only a few come across as articulate, professional and unselfish.

Best wishes to this new Ram TE. I just want and hope he watches his step ... maybe his mouth too.

r8rh8rmike is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by txramsfan View Post
    No HUb, it doesn't bother me because I think we are taking what he said out of context. To me, he's referring to the fact that he has played for Linehan before and knows what Linehan can do to utilize him in the passing game. That's all.

To McMichaels benefit, he went on to say this:

"To play with (quarterback) Marc Bulger and guys like (wide receiver) Torry Holt and (running back) Steven Jackson is going to be great. We'll have all sort of weapons and adding me will make up for any of the missing pieces of that offense."

So to me, he is saying that he wants to help the Rams make it to the other leverl. He said by adding me will make up any missing pieces to the offense.
    Good points Tx. He also said:

"I love Miami and I owe a lot to the city and organization," McMichael said. "It gave me the opportunity to be a success in the NFL. It's a shame it ended the way it did.

"But I'm part of the St. Louis Rams now and I'm looking forward to that."

My guess is he is talking about his numbers helping the team, which I believe will be the case.

Varg6 is offline Registered User

Here's to hoping you're right, Varg.
    What? Rep points?

Always and Forever a fan of the St. Louis Rams

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast