throwback week

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    txramsfan is offline Registered User

Re: Rams tidbit on DB Coach from Chicago Sun Times

I'm all for that....however these guys are professionals.

Tailgate....I understand what you are trying to say. I do. I just think in these conversations Lovie appears to be highly overrated (that defense fell apart late last year) and Marmie may be overy villified.

fearlessone is offline Registered User

TX,

Should we keep the LB Coach and all the Linebackers? Might as well play J. Wilkins at MLB at least he can hit and tackle better than most on this sorry unit.
    Socrates: Surf to live! and Live to Surf!

elAcky Guest

I still believe that these players just didn't become bad overnight. If there is a lack of motiation and cofidence in the system then this will ripple down to missed tackles, assignments and lack of concentration (dropped interceptions)... i don't think bringing in new players will greatly improve things.

That is unless the players they bring in can take it upon themselves to motivate everyone around them (Clearly coaching is not working)... personally i think they should be looking for this type rather than a stats man this offseason.

If we made no changes and turned the motivation thing around we would see a completely different unit.

sbramfan Guest

When we as fans begin to look back and really see what happened this year, how can coaching be the 100% fault when we can't even hold onto the ball defensively?
    ummm, I would say that if players on a team are dropping the ball, there is a coaching problem. Unless you actually have a team full of idiots who can't catch a football. I can catch a football, and I don't even play.

As for Arch...Man he was great last year, but somehow when I look at him this year, he seems to fit into the catagory of why the defense needs to be overhauled....to small, too slow, overpursuing. He doesn't look much better than Coady, and that's a low blow. I even have an Arch jersey, but it's true.

Nick is offline Superbowl MVP

Quote Originally Posted by sbramfan
    ummm, I would say that if players on a team are dropping the ball, there is a coaching problem.
    I disagree. I think if a player is in position to get his hands on the ball and doesn't make the grab, it's all on him. I don't understand one bit how you can pass blame from the player to the coach for a guy on the field not making a play when he was in perfect position and just didn't get it done.
    ClanRam ModCast: Episode Four
    Rams Discussion Right at Your Fingertips!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12